Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve - Need some help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be in Krabi in February and I'd like to spend at least 1 night at the Ritz

Currently pricing out at close to 1000 for a night I'm wondering if anyone here has any tips or ways of getting a better rate

Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:06 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Does this hotel accept points?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
No.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...programme.html
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Phulay Bay does not accept or earn points. None of the "Reserve" properties participate in the rewards program. This means that you will also not earn elite qualification nights here.

I suggest staying in the Pool Villa or Royal Pool Villa; the other rooms are mediocre at best, and avoid the Beach Villa at all costs! I went ape-**** when I walked into that room (and was promptly upgraded to a Pool Villa). The beach villas are all left over from before Phulay Bay became a ritz property. It is nothing like the rest of the resort, and is quite downmarket in my opinion....the should just raze the lot of them.

You may also want to see if they still have the unlimited spa package, if that's your thing. It's a pretty amazing value.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 1:32 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Originally Posted by TommyC80
Phulay Bay does not accept or earn points. None of the "Reserve" properties participate in the rewards program. This means that you will also not earn elite qualification nights here.

I suggest staying in the Pool Villa or Royal Pool Villa; the other rooms are mediocre at best, and avoid the Beach Villa at all costs! I went ape-**** when I walked into that room (and was promptly upgraded to a Pool Villa). The beach villas are all left over from before Phulay Bay became a ritz property. It is nothing like the rest of the resort, and is quite downmarket in my opinion....the should just raze the lot of them.

You may also want to see if they still have the unlimited spa package, if that's your thing. It's a pretty amazing value.
+1

They "upgraded" us to a Beach Villa, which was great for location but like another property. The newer rooms are lovely. We ended up in an Ocean View Villa which was very luxurious.

We found the place very relaxing, and the service top notch by the butler (almost embarrassing when he kept offering to collect us from the pool to take us to the room in the buggy, we like to walk!).

As you mention, don't expect any kind of recognition or benefits for being an Elite member. I really do not understand this inconsistency with the RC brand.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Anyone know if this hotel would allow a third party boat charter or if one must book via the hotel? The rate quoted of $800 each way for a ~40 min speedboat ride seems pretty excessive. It didn't cost the two of us $1600 to fly in a seaplane to our resort in the Maldives, for instance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.