Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Which Starwood hotel in Hong Kong? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Starwood hotel in Hong Kong? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 2:15 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
@Smiley90 @ChocolateFactory I've left reviews in the relevant threads.

Mira:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28266183-post15.html

Mira Moon:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

And a comparison between the two here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28266138-post19.html
Old May 16, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thank you!
Old May 16, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
@helvetic, how far is the hotel from Wan Chai station?

Both Mira look fairly promising.
Old May 16, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by LuisHK
@helvetic, how far is the hotel from Wan Chai station?

Both Mira look fairly promising.
Sorry, I didn't take the MRT during my stay at the Mira Moon. It 10min walk from the Wan Chai Star Ferry and pretty close to the tram, too.

The Mira is right by the TST MRT stop.

I'd suggest picking your Mira based on whether you want to be in Wan Chai vs TST, and based on whether you like a boutique feel or a full-service feel.
Old May 16, 2017, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by helvetic
thank you, very informative. I see the Mira has a rate where they give you a free pocket wifi 4G receiver to use in Hong Kong for free mobile internet during your stay. I've NEVER seen that anywhere, what a fantastic idea. (I have no idea how widely available free wifi in HKG is outside of the hotel) Did you get that by any chance?
Old May 16, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
The Sheraton has the same 4G smartphone/wifi router thingy, I think the IC has it, too.
Old May 16, 2017, 3:39 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Premier Owl
a very nice stay at the Sheraton on Saturday night. HKG was busy due to a trade fair... but the hotel still served me very well....
Was going to stay at the end of the month I. The Sheraton, but giving it s miss now I see they are not participating in the latest promo.
Old May 17, 2017, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Smiley90
thank you, very informative. I see the Mira has a rate where they give you a free pocket wifi 4G receiver to use in Hong Kong for free mobile internet during your stay. I've NEVER seen that anywhere, what a fantastic idea. (I have no idea how widely available free wifi in HKG is outside of the hotel) Did you get that by any chance?
Both Miras do this on all rates. Most hotels in Hong Kong will give you a local android smartphone you can take with you; and you can enable the hotspot feature to create a wifi network. So, this is not anything special for HK, but is super convenient, and I do like the small hotspot over a larger smartphone.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:38 pm
azj

Been to HKG many times and have always stayed on the Kowloon side at the W, Sheraton and before I was joined at the hip to SPG, the Empire hotel TST and a wanna be W called Rhombus.

I'm headed back to HKG in October for 2 nights and I instantly turned to the W for my needs. This trip is to break up a long journey to South Africa. As always highlights for me in HK are eating, eating and more eating. Soaking in the energy and seeing something I hadn't seen on the previous trip.

Weighing the options... the W is right above the airport express station, convenient to TST and is a beautiful property. Sheraton is also in a great spot, but seemed tired and dated when I was there last. I've never stayed on HK island and have heard great things about the JW. This trip, I should probably step off the beaten path for this trip to HKG and explore something new. I'm SPG/Marriott plat and want to take advantage of those benefits. The new Design properties look intriguing, but apparently have "limited" SPG participation.

Any ideas?

Last edited by azj; Sep 10, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Old Sep 10, 2017, 2:04 pm

The new Design properties are great, and they treat SPGs well. I was happy, and for the price differential to the W, it's well worth the savings. I particularly liked the Mira Moon in Wan Chai.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Recently stayed at the Ovolo Southside on a family trip. Quirky place that was interesting and cheap, surprisingly easy access via the new metro line. Staying next month at the Mira Moon in Wan Chai for business. Both are Design Hotels with limited SPG benefits, not many options for well placed full SPG hotels on the Hong Kong island side, might be better when fully integrated with Marriott.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:05 am

guys - i see markis10 refer to a promo - which promo is that and what does it provide
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus
Recently stayed at the Ovolo Southside on a family trip. Quirky place that was interesting and cheap, surprisingly easy access via the new metro line. Staying next month at the Mira Moon in Wan Chai for business. Both are Design Hotels with limited SPG benefits, not many options for well placed full SPG hotels on the Hong Kong island side, might be better when fully integrated with Marriott.
Agree. The Marriott is in a great spot.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:36 am

zakami - which marriott property are you referring to? Currently plan to choose W and take their free shuttle to tsam tsui but want to hear more about the marriott since points-wise after conversion is the same
Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: Qatar Silver, Emirates Skyward Silver, SPG Gold , IHG Spire Elite
No one interested in RC HKG? I know it is very expensive but from the reviews and services they offer and also easy access via train it seems to be on the top of my list for HKG. I would also love to try the Ovolo South Side. How has Plat recognition been in HKG hotels?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.