Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen Sweden [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2016, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Platinum members get free breakfast.
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen Sweden [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:27 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by rstidolph
My last time in Stockholm, we stayed at Sheraton because it was within walking distance of train station. I am now platinum and would prefer to stay at a Marriott. Has anyone stayed at both and can provide a comparison

Thanks
Quick subjective pros and cons:

Sheraton
+ Club Lounge
+ Slightly better breakfast
+ Better location for tourists
+ Slightly higher level furnishing
- Generally higher prices

Courtyard
+ Better location for many business people
+ Great location for jogging (or to go canoeing)
+ More personal staff
+ Newer hotel

I lived in the Courtyard for a year and am somewhat attached to it. However, I think the choice lies really on personal preferences.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Going as a tourist post cruise. Time will be short so location means a lot

Thank you for your advice
Old May 8, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
Currently here again. My upgrades have vastly varied from a premium room (not sure exactly what that is), to the corner room, to even the penthouse suite (jacuzzi + large outside balcony).
+1 on the park across the street. It is beautiful. I went for a run there following the river. Amazing and I am surprised I didn't ever get around to this earlier.
I really do like how they automatically give you the enhanced Internet speed code for Platinums and it is good for 24 hours for multiple devices. One of my pet peeves is having to constantly keep logging in and authenticating to use the Internet after you disconnect.
Old May 8, 2015, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
timetosave, did you get free brekkie?

Cheers.
Old May 9, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Courtyard Stockholm Sweden

@ski

I'm there tomorrow night (Sunday), I'll report back

**** update ****

Checked in - no love for me

Drink token
Corner room

Late Edit

Returned to my room after dinner, "welcome" letter & chocolates waiting for me

Platinum - free breakfast
Gold - free tea/coffee

Last edited by Wickersley; May 10, 2015 at 2:04 pm Reason: As above
Old May 9, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott , United, Delta, Priority Club
I am a Plat, and my wife and I were there for 3 nights prior to a cruise last July. We were upgraded to a corner room and both had free breakfast buffet every day. It was huge and delicious. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Only negative is that it's about a 30 minute walk to the tourist areas and I know that's too much for some people. However, as someone else pointed out it's right next to a park and along a lake. A great walk to town if you can handle it.
Old May 9, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
timetosave, did you get free brekkie?

Cheers.
Of course! I've always had it provided. I also had the steak sandwich (with pork) there a few days ago. It was incredible and I'd highly recommend it.

I was in a hurry to catch a flight when checking out this morning and there was a huge line. I quickly asked if they could just e-mail me the receipt. 30 minutes later (while on the Arlanda Express) I received an e-mail from the reception with a PDF of my receipt. This place rocks!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold
Smile Video Review

A couple weeks ago I stayed at the Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen. I have to say this is easily one of the best Courtyard's that I've stayed in. Amazingly it is a Courtyard that actually provides elite benefits, like free breakfast to Platinums. And a pretty good free breakfast at that!

I put a little video review together of the hotel grounds, common areas, and a king-bed room.

If you'd like to watch the video review, check it out here:
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:11 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Nice review.

With the exception of the Radisson Blu properties, most of the Scandinavian major brands' hotels in this same price range in Sweden provide an included breakfast to all guests. In the case of at least Scandic and Nordic Choice hotels, it tends to be a pretty good breakfast buffet.

Given the location of this Stockholm property is sort of out of the way for typical short-term tourist stays, and given the prices it charges while not including breakfast, I would shop around for alternatives more often than not --- unless there was some specific Marriott Rewards value element driving my decision.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 18, 2015 at 12:16 am
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I just finished four nights here on a rate that included breakfast. I had an 8th floor room looking towards the front of the hotel.

The hot breakfast items were scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, beans and potatoes. You could order some additional items, like fried eggs, at an extra cost. There was a variety of cereals. Photos should cover the rest. I came down at 9am each day and there was plenty of seating, and today (Tuesday) I don't think a half-dozen tables were occupied come that time (front desk had told me to avoid crowds on weekdays by coming down after 9).

No problem running a cell phone, tablet and laptop off their wi-fi and speed was adequate.

I used the Thorildsplan train station every time except for the first morning there when I walked over to Fridhemsplan. Rather enjoyed the walk along parkland to Thorildsplan and stayed with that route.

I'd readily stay here again.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update & the pictures. Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:17 am

Thumbs up

Just completed a 2 night stay here..

Upgraded room confirmed prior to arrival

"Mr Wickersley, we have pre-allocated your room; high floor yes"?

PAG as normal, drinks voucher ^

Imagine my surprise when I got to my room

Half bottle of red, wine glass & a hand written note from the GM (Martin Akesson)

Just like the "good old days"
Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:33 pm

Yikes! Am I the only person who stays here?

Anyways, last stayed mid March; here again tonight

All of the staff have been changed - pretty much everyone - bar, front desk, restaurant - all of them

Guess there has been some kind of "change" in the structure for this kind of upheaval

++ Pretty much got the best room in the hotel as an upgrade (1109)

-- Just feels weird that so many familiar faces are gone within 8 weeks...
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Wickersley
Yikes! Am I the only person who stays here?

Anyways, last stayed mid March; here again tonight

All of the staff have been changed - pretty much everyone - bar, front desk, restaurant - all of them

Guess there has been some kind of "change" in the structure for this kind of upheaval

++ Pretty much got the best room in the hotel as an upgrade (1109)

-- Just feels weird that so many familiar faces are gone within 8 weeks...
I usually avoid the hotel because the location doesn't really work for me.

Could it be that the "change" is related to Swedish vacation schedules? Schools are wrapping up, graduation parties a plenty and Midsummer coming around the corner.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
This was my second visit to Stockholm Courtyard, and was as excellent as the first:

• Welcomed back and acknowledged Plat status
  • Upgraded to corner room
  • Internet included for Plat
  • Took 250 points arrival gift
  • Included Plat breakfast

Early check-in and late check-out (1 PM in my case) honored and keyed in, in advance if one checks in on Marriott app. No need to get key rekeyed at noon on day of check-out.

In addition to the 250 arrival gift, wine and 2 glasses were delivered to my room, to which I replied that I don't drink. The FDC who delivered them said no problem, and asked me to stop down at the front desk for an alternative. I stopped the next day and chose a Toblerone form grab and go.

Breakfast is a hot and cold buffet as shown in the previous poster's pics. In addition, you can order an omelet, pancakes, etc. for 35 SEK up charge. I ordered an omelet; however, when I checked out the 35 SEK charge was missing. I inquired about it and the FDC said that as a Plat breakfast was included. I don't know if this was a fluke or SOP, YMMV.

I saw the comparison upthread between this and the Sheraton. I saw the location of the Sheraton, and it is more central for those who don't care to walk too much. I like this location with a nice park and water footpath to the city. In three days I only took the subway 3 one way trips, preferring instead to walk to Gamla Stan, city center, Drottninggatan, and the museums.

Easy bus transfers from ARN using Flygbussarna Liljeholmen route with airport drop off at Fridhemsplan and airport return pick up at Västerbroplan; both very easy 5 minute walks from hotel. One way ticket is 99 SEK, or about $12.70 USD. For more info use their iPhone app (including purchase and iPhone Wallet e-tickets) or go to https://www.flygbussarna.se/en

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.