Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Hotel Florence, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2018:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-f-amp-b-2881
Print Wikipost

St. Regis Hotel Florence, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:50 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Originally Posted by jmc014
If you have some recommendations of things to do in Florence, please share them with me!
I booked a 5-Night award stay in late November for 48,000 points per night (with the fifth night free factored in).

I've never been to Europe before, and I'll be traveling alone, so any recommendations will be appreciated.
There are almost too many to list!

In terms of touristy stuff, got to the Uffizi and climb the Duomo. Get advance tickets for both if you can as lines on the day can be intense!
The Gucci garden is worth a visit too.
Go south of the river to the Piazzale Michelangelo, Pitti Palace and Boboli gardens

In terms of restaurants:
Buca Mario
Osteria di Giovani
La Bottega del Buon Caffe
Zeb Gastronomia
Buca Lapi
Le Fonticine
4 Leoni
Boccanegra
Trattoria Cammilo

Best Gelato: La Strega Nocciola

Aperitivo (buy one drink and fill up on an AYCE buffet of amazing pre dinner snacks):
Slowly
Negroni

Wine Bar: Enoteca Fuori Porta is right by an ancient city wall and is ideally located for a stop before or after Piazzale M. and the Rose garden. Love the location, the wines and the bottle shop next door!

I could also recommend a huge number of clothes and shoe shops as well. However, on my next two visits I'll be spending all of my time getting tattooed by the hideously talented Brando Chiesa (seriously one of the most incredible tattoo artists of all time)

That should keep you busy for 5 days, enjoy! 😁
jmc014 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Originally Posted by svo242
Great review and photos - love your instagram account too! What camera do you use for the pics?
Thanks so much!

These were shot on my Olympus mkIII with a 12-32mm Lumix Zoom lens. I shoot portraits on a 45mm Olympus prime lens.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Was the breakfast booked as part of the rate, granted automatically to Plats, or was it chosen as option as PAG? Please advise & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thx.

Cheers.
Breakfast was booked as part of the rate, I was told that it would have been offered to me as a Platinum (in lieu of points), had my rate not included it.
controller1 and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Jermyn
In terms of touristy stuff, got to the Uffizi and climb the Duomo. Get advance tickets for both if you can as lines on the day can be intense!
The St Regis concierge can make you those advanced Uffizi reservations where you don't have to stand in line. Book ahead though as these are limited.

The Gucci garden is worth a visit too.
Yep, but the Boboli gardens are a part of the Pitti Palace visit and pretty amazing too. You could spend most of a day there. You have to buy a ticket for both the palace and the gardens if you want to do both. Pro tip: go after breakfast or lunch so you don't fade. You'll be ready for a nice meal after walking around that place for hours.

As a tourist however I would just recommend wandering around. The city center is not so big.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:18 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Smile St Regis Florence, Italy

I will be checking into the St Regis Florence in a few days, and I received an e-mail saying as a Platinum member I will be upgraded from a Double Deluxe room to a Superior room at check in based on availability. Does anyone have an idea what a Superior room at this St Regis is? I looked at the various rooms and did not see one listed as a Superior. CAN'T WAIT to check in here!!
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
You might think of that as an artifact of translation - superior with a lower-case s. 'Better', but not a specific room type. The hotel's location is outstanding.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:34 am
mav

Thank you for the reply. can't wait to get there. This will be first stay at a St. Regis I am a Marriott person using points for the stay. Happy so far with the merger.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:33 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by mav
Thank you for the reply. can't wait to get there. This will be first stay at a St. Regis I am a Marriott person using points for the stay. Happy so far with the merger.
It’s a good start - in my opinion it’s the finest hotel in their global portfolio, and probably Marriott Group’s as well.
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:25 pm
mav

Smile

Originally Posted by supatight80
it was the arno river but there was a mini dam directly in front of my view 😊...And a huge graffiti that said "f##k Trump". I kid you not..

Oh I forgot to add the grand deluxe suite i was assigned to had 2 full bathrooms. So it was quite pretty
My husband and I just checked in today for 10 nights at the St. Regis Florence, and I used points. Can't believe it, but I am in room 323 , I was upgraded to this fantastic room, and even have a butler, and have the same view of the graffiti. I emailed pics home today and my family is really enjoying the pics, including the pics of the graffiti. have to admit I love the graffiti view too. Our room has a balcony too. So happy with the merger of Starwood and Marriott. Going to start staying at a LOT more Starwood properties. This was my first Starwood stay, and I am a lifetime Marriott Premier Elite member
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by mav
My husband and I just checked in today for 10 nights at the St. Regis Florence, and I used points. Can't believe it, but I am in room 323 , I was upgraded to this fantastic room, and even have a butler, and have the same view of the graffiti. I emailed pics home today and my family is really enjoying the pics, including the pics of the graffiti. have to admit I love the graffiti view too. Our room has a balcony too. So happy with the merger of Starwood and Marriott. Going to start staying at a LOT more Starwood properties. This was my first Starwood stay, and I am a lifetime Marriott Premier Elite member
You arguably have only downhill to go from there! Not saying you shouldnt stay at Starwood hotels as generally in my opinion have always been leagues ahead treating Plats better but this hotel is pretty much as good as it gets!
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:46 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jmc014
If you have some recommendations of things to do in Florence, please share them with me!
I booked a 5-Night award stay in late November for 48,000 points per night (with the fifth night free factored in).

I've never been to Europe before, and I'll be traveling alone, so any recommendations will be appreciated.
If you love art Florence is heaven- with amazing masterpieces side by side with street art. One of our favorite places in Florence is Brancacci Chapel with the gorgeous frescoes by Masaccio. It is a lovely walk to the Oltarno neighborhood which also has many art galleries, boutiques and hip restaurants like Il Santo Bevitore (the Drunk Saint)

We also love having a drink in Piazza della Signoria surrounded by the magnificent statues.

For one of the best meals in Florence try Da Ruggero-a basic no frills restaurant with excellent food.

Florence is such a walkable City- it is easy to get almost everywhere on foot . A taxi ride to Fiesole though to watch the sunset over Florence is highly recommended.
jmc014 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:18 pm
mav

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
You arguably have only downhill to go from there! Not saying you shouldnt stay at Starwood hotels as generally in my opinion have always been leagues ahead treating Plats better but this hotel is pretty much as good as it gets!
Yes, I have to agree with you. The hotel is amazing! Fantastic service, breakfast buffet, etc. The staff can't do enough for you, always checking to see if you need anything.. The second day we were here a complimentary tray was delivered to us with 4 cookies, a small dish of raspberries, a small dish of black berries, small dish of walnuts, and also a dish of hazel nuts. Today we returned to a bottle of a desert wine, and a lovely bag of chocolate chunk bicotti's, complimentary. What a wonderful redemption of points They may have to throw us out on check out day
10 nights here, and on Sept. 28th head to Venice for 6 nights, then home to Crazytown.
damon88 and margarita girl like this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:16 am
mav

WOW! UPDATE : yesterday when we returned to the room there was a tray with 10 of the most decadently delicious chocolates I have ever tasted! I swear my toes actually felt like they were curling . I am ruined after staying at this hotel . This St. Regis is heaven!
margarita girl and Jermyn like this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:57 am
mav

Update again: Yesterday when we returned to the room a lovely bottle of wine and 2 glasses were waiting for us! WOW! I will never be the same after this stay!
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by damon88

Reading over this thread as we think about Florence again. Wanted to let you know your post was part of our inspiration booking 5 nights in March at Maria Cristina. 🙏
The GM there is Mr. Capeleris. Fantastic guy! You'd love it at MC San Sebastian 😊
damon88 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
I'll be staying at this property next year for the first time. My wife and I are taking our adult niece with us so we will have 3 adults

I just booked 4 nights using points for 2 adults. It would not allow me to book for 3 adults

As a lifetime Platinum member, does anybody know if I will be charged for the extra person in my room or will they allow the extra person with my lifetime status? Obviously hoping to get upgraded to a larger room. Not going until September, 2019

Have been to Italy many times but with only 2 adults, never with a third. I have read that roll aways are not common and many hotels charge for extra person

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.