Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Hotel Florence, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2018:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-f-amp-b-2881
Print Wikipost

St. Regis Hotel Florence, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
May I ask the locals or anyone else who has driven to this hotel what the public parking options are? I was told the hotel charges €80 for their own garage. A bit much I think.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:55 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Love your room pics supa -- your really scored on that rate.

Can I ask what the view was outside of your window?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by damon88
Love your room pics supa -- your really scored on that rate.

Can I ask what the view was outside of your window?
it was the arno river but there was a mini dam directly in front of my view 😊...And a huge graffiti that said "f##k Trump". I kid you not..

Oh I forgot to add the grand deluxe suite i was assigned to had 2 full bathrooms. So it was quite pretty
damon88 likes this.

Last edited by supatight80; Mar 30, 2018 at 4:10 pm
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:48 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by supatight80
it was the arno river but there was a mini dam directly in front of my view 😊...And a huge graffiti that said "f##k Trump". I kid you not..

Oh I forgot to add the grand deluxe suite i was assigned to had 2 full bathrooms. So it was quite pretty
This really is one of my favorite Starwoods ever. Superb rooms, location and staff.

This inspires me to plan our next trip there.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
I would also suggest the Maria Cristina San Sebastian. Super superb property with the best GM ever. Like really the best GM. Until now we are in contact on IG. Last year on my ex's bday, he sent us two full bottles of Moet.
damon88 and wcrhkd like this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by stimpy
May I ask the locals or anyone else who has driven to this hotel what the public parking options are? I was told the hotel charges €80 for their own garage. A bit much I think.
It turns out that the SPG agent was wrong and the hotel charges €33 to €53 per day (priced based on size of auto), plus a couple euros to report your license plates to the police so you can drive in the historic center. And it isn't the hotel garage, but rather some other garage nearby.

I had a decent stay. No platinum suite or river view upgrades as the hotel was indeed full. I was upgraded from premier deluxe to grand deluxe, which is a larger room. The hard product is excellent and the service is mostly good, with a few slight hiccups here and there. Perhaps because they could not upgrade to a suite, they still offered the morning tea/coffee butler service in the room, along with free pressing. The breakfast was good, but not at the same level as other St Regis hotels, such as NYC.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:50 am

What is the rate for the StR FLR between now and Dec. 31, 2018? 60k Marriott points/night?

**EDIT** Yes, both this and the Westin Florence cost 60k points/night. Verified in-app.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:37 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Yes, I can confirm the award night rate through Jan is a mere 60K per night. Down from the previous equivalent of 90K per night. We have 2 award rooms booked for 5 and 3 nights in Sept/Oct, including the 5 night room booked for double for a junior suite. We are looking at a massive refund of 330K points. What a deal.

Any more recent stay reports on this property?
damon88 and MikeFromTokyo like this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
I just booked a 5 night stay over christmas as well. 48K a night with the 1 night free deal when booking 5 nights. Agree... what a steal
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:39 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Yes, I can confirm the award night rate through Jan is a mere 60K per night. Down from the previous equivalent of 90K per night. We have 2 award rooms booked for 5 and 3 nights in Sept/Oct, including the 5 night room booked for double for a junior suite. We are looking at a massive refund of 330K points. What a deal.

Any more recent stay reports on this property?
It's definitely a steal on points right now although our recent stay was equally as good: €280 per night with a BRG ! (saving my points for a return to the RC Kyoto where BRGs are nowhere near that lucrative)

This was our second time at the hotel and on this occasion we were lucky to get an upgrade to Botticelli room on the first floor (the floor with the extra high ceilings). This is technically a junior suite but was incredibly spacious and had a wonderful terrace directly over the entrance to the hotel.

I really enjoyed having aperitivos and coffees out there during our three day stay.

The concierge team were really on top of things, with great recommendations for lunches and dinners (this was our fifth visit to Florence but we're always keen to add new restaurants to our list of favourites). The butlers were also fantastic: our morning coffee would always be delivered a couple of minutes after I sent the WhatsApp. When I accidentally pulled the curtain too hard and took it off its rail the butler noticed and offered to either have it fixed immediately or later when we were at breakfast, whichever we preferred. Great service. I really loved the little welcome back card and poem that the team left in our room too. I know it's obviously standard thing they do for all return guests but it was nice to feel acknowledged nonetheless

Service at breakfast was top notch and what a spectacular location! A chorus of "buongirono!" greeted us every morning, coffees were produced almost instantaneously and we were always told not to rush even when they packed away the buffett at the end of the service. They actually said they'd fetch us more items from the kitchen if we wanted, since they didn't want us to go hungry.

Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:12 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by supatight80
I would also suggest the Maria Cristina San Sebastian. Super superb property with the best GM ever. Like really the best GM. Until now we are in contact on IG. Last year on my ex's bday, he sent us two full bottles of Moet.
Reading over this thread as we think about Florence again. Wanted to let you know your post was part of our inspiration booking 5 nights in March at Maria Cristina. 🙏
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Jermyn
The concierge team were really on top of things, with great recommendations for lunches and dinners (this was our fifth visit to Florence but we're always keen to add new restaurants to our list of favourites). The butlers were also fantastic: our morning coffee would always be delivered a couple of minutes after I sent the WhatsApp. When I accidentally pulled the curtain too hard and took it off its rail the butler noticed and offered to either have it fixed immediately or later when we were at breakfast, whichever we preferred. Great service. I really loved the little welcome back card and poem that the team left in our room too. I know it's obviously standard thing they do for all return guests but it was nice to feel acknowledged nonetheless

Service at breakfast was top notch and what a spectacular location! A chorus of "buongirono!" greeted us every morning, coffees were produced almost instantaneously and we were always told not to rush even when they packed away the buffett at the end of the service. They actually said they'd fetch us more items from the kitchen if we wanted, since they didn't want us to go hungry.
If you have some recommendations of things to do in Florence, please share them with me!
I booked a 5-Night award stay in late November for 48,000 points per night (with the fifth night free factored in).

I've never been to Europe before, and I'll be traveling alone, so any recommendations will be appreciated.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jermyn
It's definitely a steal on points right now although our recent stay was equally as good: €280 per night with a BRG ! (saving my points for a return to the RC Kyoto where BRGs are nowhere near that lucrative)

This was our second time at the hotel and on this occasion we were lucky to get an upgrade to Botticelli room on the first floor (the floor with the extra high ceilings). This is technically a junior suite but was incredibly spacious and had a wonderful terrace directly over the entrance to the hotel.
Great review and photos - love your instagram account too! What camera do you use for the pics?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
-duplicate-
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Was the breakfast booked as part of the rate, granted automatically to Plats, or was it chosen as option as PAG? Please advise & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thx.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.