Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Naples Hotel Mediterraneo, Italy [Master Thread]

Renaissance Naples Hotel Mediterraneo, Italy [Master Thread]

Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:59 am
  #76  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: EDI/GLA
Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 2,292
Has anyone stayed here recently?

I'll be in Naples for two nights later this week and haven't seen my SNAs get confirmed yet.
Intl359Widget is offline  
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:43 pm
  #77  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 492
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Has anyone stayed here recently?

I'll be in Naples for two nights later this week and haven't seen my SNAs get confirmed yet.
I was there last week. The hotel was packed with tourists and package tours and they dont have a lot of suites anyway. Was there anything you needed to know?
lallied is offline  
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:01 pm
  #78  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: EDI/GLA
Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 2,292
Originally Posted by lallied
I was there last week. The hotel was packed with tourists and package tours and they dont have a lot of suites anyway. Was there anything you needed to know?
I called the front desk earlier this afternoon and requested that they add my SNA request to the Presidential suite option as that wasn't showing online.

They informed me that they don't upgrade to that suite even for Platinum/Titanium Bonhoy'd Members.
Intl359Widget is offline  
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:25 pm
  #79  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: New York, NY, USA
Posts: 12,494
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I called the front desk earlier this afternoon and requested that they add my SNA request to the Presidential suite option as that wasn't showing online.

They informed me that they don't upgrade to that suite even for Platinum/Titanium Bonhoy'd Members.
What a shocker.
lallied and Intl359Widget like this.
TerryK is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:29 am
  #80  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Marcos, CA
Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
Posts: 343
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Has anyone stayed here recently?

I'll be in Naples for two nights later this week and haven't seen my SNAs get confirmed yet.
I had a 3 night stay there in January as an Ambassador. My SNA weren't confirmed and I received the same room I booked (High Floor, Superior). I was thinking I'd get cleared for one of their family rooms, but it never happened. I did receive 2 drink vouchers for complimentary alcoholic beverages each night, however I only used the benefit on one evening. The room I stayed in had paper thin walls...well, maybe not all the walls, but the sound traveled very easily through the closet walls. I could hear everything in the room next door.

The hotel was very busy and the parking garage was a zoo. Took me over 30 minutes to get my car out. In previous years it always took 10-15 minutes, but now there are many more cars parked there and the lot attendants have to play car tetris. If you're driving there and plan on parking, try to let the attendants know when you'll need the car next, although YMMV.
UnderEst is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:53 am
  #81  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 492
Originally Posted by UnderEst
I had a 3 night stay there in January as an Ambassador. My SNA weren't confirmed and I received the same room I booked (High Floor, Superior). I was thinking I'd get cleared for one of their family rooms, but it never happened. I did receive 2 drink vouchers for complimentary alcoholic beverages each night, however I only used the benefit on one evening. The room I stayed in had paper thin walls...well, maybe not all the walls, but the sound traveled very easily through the closet walls. I could hear everything in the room next door.

The hotel was very busy and the parking garage was a zoo. Took me over 30 minutes to get my car out. In previous years it always took 10-15 minutes, but now there are many more cars parked there and the lot attendants have to play car tetris. If you're driving there and plan on parking, try to let the attendants know when you'll need the car next, although YMMV.
I agree. Very hard to get a suite and never ever complimentary. Am titanium and no drinks coupons for lowly folk. Even a category room upgrade is very rare. The rooms are small, noisy, and AC not at all good in summer. On the other hand the only marriott hotel in Naples and the breakfast terrace is nice, even if the food leaves much to be desired. I really miss the excelsior ☹️
yjc281 likes this.
lallied is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:08 am
  #82  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: DFW
Programs: AA (Lifetime Gold, 1MM),UA(Premier Silver), Hilton(Diamond), Marriott (LTT), Hertz (PC)
Posts: 230
Originally Posted by lallied
I agree. Very hard to get a suite and never ever complimentary. Am titanium and no drinks coupons for lowly folk. Even a category room upgrade is very rare. The rooms are small, noisy, and AC not at all good in summer. On the other hand the only marriott hotel in Naples and the breakfast terrace is nice, even if the food leaves much to be desired. I really miss the excelsior ☹️
which Excelsior? I stayed in Westin Excelsior Rome last week and wasn't impressed. Since award stay was 5th night free we took a break and booked an apartment called NAP Luxury Guesthouse in Naples for going to Capri. Which I believe is better than Renaissance Naples and the Westin Excelsior. It only cost me about $200 worth of Chase UR points for 3 adults and two kids. I considered the Renaissance but ruled it out due to bad reputation. I guess I made the right decision!

Last edited by yjc281; Jun 19, 2019 at 4:45 am
yjc281 is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:20 am
  #83  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 258
Originally Posted by yjc281
which Excelsior? I stayed in Westin Excelsior Rome last week and wasn't impressed. Staff was not friendly, suite was very run down with worn and stained carpet, dirty hallways, I sent only two family members to breakfast(since they only comp 2), and was told the server completely ignored them with no service at all. Since award stay was 5th night free we took a break and booked an apartment called NAP Luxury Guesthouse in Naples. Which I believe is better than Renaissance Naples and the Excelsior. It only cost me about $200 worth of Chase UR points for 3 adults and two kids. I considered the Renaissance but ruled it out due to bad reputation. I guess I made the right decision!
Excelsior was a Luxury Collection property in Naples, but left SPG around 2 years ago without any announcement and operates now as the Eurostars Hotel Excelsior.
yjc281 likes this.
thomasito is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:04 am
  #84  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Muscat/Doha/Manchester
Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 432
Thanks for this update I am in napels next week and was considering this but not anymore, I will have to go none Marriott for a week it looks like
AbuCordoba is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:20 pm
  #85  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 492
Originally Posted by thomasito
Excelsior was a Luxury Collection property in Naples, but left SPG around 2 years ago without any announcement and operates now as the Eurostars Hotel Excelsior.
Yup
lallied is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:24 pm
  #86  
formerly known as daveland
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NY, NY, USA
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Posts: 2,969
Originally Posted by lallied
Yup
Happen to have a Naples stay coming up where have two nights at the Renaissance before we go to Capri and one after at the Eurostar Excelsior.

I didn't realize it was the old LC.

Our rate at the Excelsior is lower. Only picked the Autograph for my elite night credits....

Question is: How do the Excelsior and the Autograph compare? Would we be significantly happier with all nights at the Excelsior?

Free breakfast on the roof sounds nice
MilesTalk is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:49 pm
  #87  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: EDI/GLA
Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 2,292
They upgraded us to a Superior King which appears to be one category above Deluxe and didnt take my SNA as of now though the request will expire on Friday.

Well see if they allocate me to the Presidential Suite if its still available by the time I arrive in Napoli though I am most decidedly not holding my breath.
Intl359Widget is offline  
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:09 pm
  #88  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 492
Originally Posted by MilesTalk
Happen to have a Naples stay coming up where have two nights at the Renaissance before we go to Capri and one after at the Eurostar Excelsior.

I didn't realize it was the old LC.

Our rate at the Excelsior is lower. Only picked the Autograph for my elite night credits....

Question is: How do the Excelsior and the Autograph compare? Would we be significantly happier with all nights at the Excelsior?

Free breakfast on the roof sounds nice
Do you mean the Excelsior and the Renaissance? They both have Rooftop breakfast and the Excelsior is right on the waterfront so is actually better. However Im not sure that breakfast would be free there unless you have some sort of status with them or its included in the room rate. Some of the rooms at the Excelsior are really small though I was always upgraded to beautiful suites. The gym at the Renaissance is much better because its the commercial one next-door and they have a hot tub on the roof. Views at the Excelsior are. much better providing that you are in a sea facing room which tend to be the most expensive rooms. The bottom line is I would much prefer the Excelsior if I had a good sea facing room and breakfast was included. Its also nice area although a bit noisy sometimes on the weekends. However in terms of bang for your buck, if you can get a relatively inexpensive room at the Renaissance and you have status with Marriott youll get a lot more than paying for sea facing suite and breakfast at the Excelsior.
lallied is offline  
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:10 pm
  #89  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 492
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
They upgraded us to a Superior King which appears to be one category above Deluxe and didnt take my SNA as of now though the request will expire on Friday.

Well see if they allocate me to the Presidential Suite if its still available by the time I arrive in Napoli though I am most decidedly not holding my breath.
I think its the same size room on a higher floor. The next category up is a view room and theyre a little bit bigger but they only have four or five of them apparently.
lallied is offline  
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:16 pm
  #90  
formerly known as daveland
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NY, NY, USA
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Posts: 2,969
Thanks! Yes I meant the Renaissance

The rates yes we have for both are similar. Around $160. Seems like both will be fine!

Originally Posted by lallied
Do you mean the Excelsior and the Renaissance? They both have Rooftop breakfast and the Excelsior is right on the waterfront so is actually better. However Im not sure that breakfast would be free there unless you have some sort of status with them or its included in the room rate. Some of the rooms at the Excelsior are really small though I was always upgraded to beautiful suites. The gym at the Renaissance is much better because its the commercial one next-door and they have a hot tub on the roof. Views at the Excelsior are. much better providing that you are in a sea facing room which tend to be the most expensive rooms. The bottom line is I would much prefer the Excelsior if I had a good sea facing room and breakfast was included. Its also nice area although a bit noisy sometimes on the weekends. However in terms of bang for your buck, if you can get a relatively inexpensive room at the Renaissance and you have status with Marriott youll get a lot more than paying for sea facing suite and breakfast at the Excelsior.
MilesTalk is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.