Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Naples Hotel Mediterraneo, Italy [Master Thread]

Renaissance Naples Hotel Mediterraneo, Italy [Master Thread]

Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 5:47 am

Naples Renaissance

I recently had to make a last-minute reservation here because of an emergency. When I arrived at midnight a short while later everything was closed and the agent was most unhelpful (insisted no food or fluids and sent us out to an area where everything was closed - at 1 am in Naples !) , insisted I was not platinum, did not offer an amenity or an upgrade And also gave us a room right that included breakfast when obviously I didn't need it. When I commented to this later to the hotel management they said this was all perfectly correct as they had another customer with a similar name who was silver and anyway I had eventually corrected the systems and they eventually gave me the 500 points. The hotel was full of tourists so I guess they don't need their business travelers. I'd stay away
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Yes, sounds like a pretty bad experience for you. And the response from management the next morning is unacceptable.

I stayed there in 2014 and had a pleasant visit. Seems they have gone downhill...
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:25 pm

This post would have been so much more useful if added to one of the existing threads for this property:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...iterraneo.html

Paging Sharon!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:11 pm

Hmmm

Naples Renaissance

I recently had to make a last-minute reservation here because of an emergency. When I arrived at midnight a short while later everything was closed and the agent was most unhelpful (insisted no food or fluids and sent us out to an area where everything was closed - at 1 am in Naples !) , insisted I was not platinum, did not offer an amenity or an upgrade And also gave us a room right that included breakfast when obviously I didn't need it. When I commented to this later to the hotel management they said this was all perfectly correct as they had another customer with a similar name who was silver and anyway I had eventually corrected the systems and they eventually gave me the 500 points. The hotel was full of tourists so I guess they don't need their business travelers. I'd stay away
Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:12 pm

Sorry. Confusing name
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lallied
When I arrived at midnight a short while later everything was closed and the agent was most unhelpful...
Did you arrive after posted hours for restaurant/bar hours and room service?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

.....insisted no food or fluids and sent us out to an area where everything was closed - at 1 am in Naples...
Sounds perfectly normal in Europe.

......insisted I was not platinum, did not offer an amenity or an upgrade.......they had another customer with a similar name who was silver.......
Legitimate issue with mixed up guest names. Hope you got some compensation for this mix-up.

....And also gave us a room right that included breakfast when obviously I didn't need it.......
Why is this a complaint?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is the difference between Deluxe, Superior and Panoramic? Are they just the same rooms on higher floors?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:40 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Italy is part of the old world and Naples, in particular, values things like family and culture far more than they care about modern buildings and high-speed internet.

Cafes in that area offer far better options than I've ever seen in a MC lounge.

I'm quite confident the this hotel is perfectly fine ...
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:09 am

It's fine and the staff are generally good. Just don't arrive late in an emergency situation and expect anyone to be interested. and no no compensation given or asked for. And as to Naples and values - I travel there often for work. A tiny bar round the corner took us in and made us toast even though they were closed - THATS Naples culture and family.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:13 am

And the emergency was a forest fire where we barely escaped with our lives and with little clothing - 8hrs waiting without food or water to get 4x4 lift to snatch passports among the burning forest ; we arrived apologizing for the smell and for being in beach clothes. It was clear. Not interested.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
And the emergency was a forest fire where we barely escaped with our lives and with little clothing - 8hrs waiting without food or water to get 4x4 lift to snatch passports among the burning forest ; we arrived apologizing for the smell and for being in beach clothes. It was clear. Not interested.
Wow. That sounds quite harrowing.
Glad you came through it unscathed, albeit a bit put out by the service at the Hotel.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan SE, Marriott LTPPE
Renaissance Naples Hotel Mediterraneo

I stayed here twice in the last month and had a positive experience both times although my Marriott points haven't been posted for some reason so i'm awaiting credit for those which I have applied for via the Marriott website.

I was upgraded to a Jr. Suite on both occasions. It had a huge walk-in closet and two bathrooms - both with standup showers.

The rooftop lounge where breakfast is served is great and has a spectacular view of the Port and Mount Vesuvius Volcano. Bar off the lobby was nice but the bartender wasn't overly friendly. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful in suggesting nearby restaurants. Hottub area was small and only limited number of outdoor deck loungers but very clean and comfortable.

It's well-situated near the center of town with lots of interesting things to see within walking distance. Taxis are 25 euros from hotel to the airport. I would stay there again.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.