Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2015, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hotel website: Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa

Property a Cat 4 (valid as of October 3 2015), so Cat 1-4 or Cat 1-5 certs can be used.

Elite benefits include (valid as of October 3 2015):

* Complimentary pot of coffee or tea with wake-up call
* Complimentary in-room Internet access
* Complimentary local phone calls throughout Rayong province
* Complimentary 2 pieces pressing (normal service)
* Complimentary 20 pages of black and white copies
* 20% discount on breakfast & dinner buffet
* 15% discount off normal laundry service
* 20% discount off all treatments at Quan Spa (not applicable with special promotions)
Print Wikipost

Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2015, 4:42 pm
Suspended

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-thailand.html

Originally Posted by Madone59
I coulden't find a thread dedicated to the Rayong property....................
(and hopefully these threads will not be merged as the Rayong Marriott is located at least an hours drive from Pattaya)
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by leeky
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-thailand.html

(and hopefully these threads will not be merged as the Rayong Marriott is located at least an hours drive from Pattaya)
Thank you!
Old Nov 18, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
So just booked a two night stay. Good to see them offering cash+points. Anyone know the answers to the following:

Will they extend Gold benefits to two rooms?
Do Golds get breakfast and is it the full buffet?
Any ideas on the room upgrades

Thanks
Old Nov 18, 2016, 6:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Do Golds get breakfast and is it the full buffet?
No personal experience here, but any Marriott with "resort" in the property's title typically means no breakfast.

Wiki says 20% discount off the buffet.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 5:44 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Got breakfast as a Gold 2 years ago. There is no lounge though.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Not very impressed so far. Emailed the hotel to ask some questions and no reply at all. Not very professional
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:59 pm

So just an update. Room has been pre upgraded to a Premium Ocean View. Reached out to hotel as they were offering a promotion and was considering changing from a C+P rate to paid rate however the promotion was only available to Thai Citizens and had to buy a voucher at a travel exhibition in Bangkok although advertised as though could buy directly.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by tide
Got breakfast as a Gold 2 years ago. There is no lounge though.
Stayed here last September with my family. I am Plat. I booked a standard room and was given a great suite with sea view. I was told that there was no breakfast, as this is a resort.

The place was at about 10% capacity for the five days we were there. A couple of days we were the only people around the pool.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:36 pm

Just had a great stay here. Booked through a TA as rates were far better and couldn't LNF. Offered all the above benefits at check in and was upgraded from a standard room to a Prem Ocean view. Room was very spacious and well equipped. Grounds/Pools are fantastic and service exceptional. Breakfast was fantastic with every conceivable option available. Nice lobby bar with happy hour from 6-8 PM and many specials for both F&B.As only a 2.5hr drive from BKK it serves as a great get away.

Only downside was that the hot water ran brown.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:13 pm
cln
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
any recent reviews ? Stayed here some years ago and wonder how thing developed ...
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by cln
any recent reviews ? Stayed here some years ago and wonder how thing developed ...
I haven't read all the posts in this thread, so can't comment on "...how thing[s] developed..." but I am writing this from the property on a two-night stay, and can report that it is well maintained with friendly, efficient staff and the food is great too. Currently the FISH BAR is closed for refurb until October 5.
As Plat Elite I elected to have free breakfast (it was an option that needed to be selected on check-in) but they still made me sign the breakfast bill, so I will need to check that with reception.
Overall, pleasantly surprised with this property.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Just finished a 7 night stay over Christmas., 2018. I have also stayed here previously over Christmas 2015. I used a 7 night stay certificate booked well in advance this time. There were 3 of us, including my son. I am PPE so was offered free breakfast for 2 at check-in. I asked if they could make it 3 and they did so that is a nice benefit. Room was upgraded from the Garden View to a larger Ocean view with two double beds. It was perfect for us. I really like the sitting area window ledge that they have in all of the rooms.

I like this hotel and I like the area because it is nice and peaceful. The beach is great for a long walk and the ocean water is reasonable to swim in, if not very clear. The large pool is awesome in design and function. The smaller pool with it's nearby kiddie pool seems to keep the babies away from the large pool, which is fine with me. I was greatly disappointed with the cleanliness of the pools this time. The water was so dirty I could barely see 5 feet in front of me when swimming. It had a lot of debris from trees and sand from the beach in it. Both pools were the same. I made comments to the manager after the first day and they did get slightly cleaner for a few days, but not anywhere near to how clean they were back in 2015. I met an old guy from Finland who lives in the condos next door. Those residents are allowed to use the Marriott pool, but not vice versa. He mentioned that Marriott only has one or two guys cleaning the pool, whereas their condo has 4. The second issue with the pool is they did not turn the pool lights on at night, even though the pool is open still. I asked about that, but never got a reasonable response and they were never turned on during my stay. The third issue with the pool is that the wooden planking near the beach end of the big pool has started to wear and is loose. Same thing happened to my community pool in Chiang Mai. It gets really dangerous. So it appears that this property is not spending the time and effort to keep the facilities in good shape. I do really like the hotel overall, but if they can't keep the facilities clean and in good working order I will stop returning.

There is a nice beachfront restaurant a few hundred meters down the beach that is a good alternative to the Marriott F&B. It's less than half the price of Marriott F&B, not that Marriott's is super expensive at $10 for a hamburger, but lower price options for local food are always nice.

The hotel does run a shuttle bus to the ferry pier in Ban Phe for trips out to Koh Samet. Timings work pretty well for a day trip with a morning shuttle at 10am and a pick-up at 4:30pm. They run another shuttle to Mae Phim where there are a bunch of seafood restaurants along the beach, but the return is less than an hour so it makes it difficult to enjoy a nice sit down dinner. There are very few taxis and no Grab/Uber to get back if you miss the shuttle.
Keyser and narvik like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Thanks for the detailed review. I always had the impression it was a bit out of the way, and not really an ideal location, especially without a car.

Might try Hua Hin sometime this year. Have a lot of 7-night certs I need to use up.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by Typhoonpilot
The large pool is awesome in design and function. The smaller pool with it's nearby kiddie pool seems to keep the babies away from the large pool, which is fine with me. I was greatly disappointed with the cleanliness of the pools this time. The water was so dirty I could barely see 5 feet in front of me when swimming. It had a lot of debris from trees and sand from the beach in it. Both pools were the same.
Is this what you call the "smaller pool" (attached pic)?

I am surprised about the debris/dirtiness. Maybe they had a storm/mini-tsunami before your arrival?

It was crystal-clear on my visit a few months ago:

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Thanks for the detailed review. I always had the impression it was a bit out of the way, and not really an ideal location, especially without a car.
It definitely is off-the-beaten-track, but that is what made it attractive (to me).
I agree though, a car is pretty much a must.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Yes, that is what I call "the smaller pool". Nice picture of it and it looks very clean in the photo. When I was there you could not see the bottom of the pool from that position. It was that dirty and it stayed that way the entire time I was there. Only one brief rain, about day 5, so really no excuse for it to remain filthy like that the entire time.
narvik likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.