Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 8, 20, 4:08 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Wiki Link
Hotel website: Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa

Property a Cat 4 (valid as of October 3 2015), so Cat 1-4 or Cat 1-5 certs can be used.

Elite benefits include (valid as of October 3 2015):

* Complimentary pot of coffee or tea with wake-up call
* Complimentary in-room Internet access
* Complimentary local phone calls throughout Rayong province
* Complimentary 2 pieces pressing (normal service)
* Complimentary 20 pages of black and white copies
* 20% discount on breakfast & dinner buffet
* 15% discount off normal laundry service
* 20% discount off all treatments at Quan Spa (not applicable with special promotions)
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 6, 12, 8:22 pm

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by BKKLEE View Post
website now says Jan opening, but all the previously available inventory for Feb/Mar bookings continues to be deleted and no inventory showing until 01 April........
:-( sounds like a never-ending story..
Old Dec 6, 12, 8:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
and when bookings were opened I made reservations in both Feb & March and now have no idea whether they'll be fulfilled........... I have no doubt the GM is as frustrated as others with getting this prop opened, but time will tell when soft opening actually occurs.......... as for my previous guided tour the prop itself will certainly be looked forward to as a 5/6 year stay option after the Hua Hin props discontinued services........

Originally Posted by Chris26WI View Post
:-( sounds like a never-ending story..
Old Jan 6, 13, 10:05 am
cln
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Thumbs down

My reservations are still visible..... didn't get any message yet .. have the first weekend of February booked and several dates later
Old Jan 6, 13, 1:39 pm
Suspended

+1, just as frustrated with no notice as to what's going on........

looks like this prop is just looking to be URGed.......

Originally Posted by cln View Post
My reservations are still visible..... didn't get any message yet .. have the first weekend of February booked and several dates later
Old Jan 8, 13, 10:09 pm
Suspended

in a call today to the property, they "say" that the hotel will be open, limited floors, as of 1 February, along with the rest of the facilities (except Bus Ctr)......... frankly I'll need to see it to believe it!!!!!!!

I requested that they put this info into their website, but this being Thailand it's unfortunately like taking to a wall......

Old Jan 9, 13, 7:01 pm
Suspended

well, the website notice that the hotel would open in January 2013 has now been removed as this would never happen, but no informaton on soft opening added or any notice to those who have already made Feb/Mar resees provided..........
Old Jan 14, 13, 4:12 pm

Hi everybody!!

Normally, I'll stay at this hotel from 25 Jan to 01 Feb our agent traveller told the reservation is confirmed.

Will let you know asap! And post some pic!

Bye
Old Jan 14, 13, 7:29 pm
Suspended

even when this prop started to offer rates on Marriott.com they weren't available until February (no longer are for both Feb & Mar) so good luck with them honoring your resee made through a TA (w/o recourse to URG if they don't).......

Originally Posted by Tonia1006 View Post
Hi everybody!!

Normally, I'll stay at this hotel from 25 Jan to 01 Feb our agent traveller told the reservation is confirmed.

Bye
Old Jan 17, 13, 5:53 am
Suspended

I asked the Rayong Marriott GM about your agent made reservation and he replied:

Hello XXXX, sorry for the delay. I am flat out in our last stages. We have no reservations open before 6th February and even after that is for contracted wholesale business only as we have a very very limited inventory and they have bought us out; which is why I have not even invited you personally to come and stay. You can be assured, that once I can open the reservation system to one and all, you will be one of the first to know. I have no idea how she could get a confirmation from her agent, but she/he wont be able to stay here.

Originally Posted by Tonia1006 View Post
Hi everybody!!

Bye
Old Jan 17, 13, 7:35 am
cln
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
wow so it seems i will be one of the first guests !!!!

i have a reservation from 7-11th of February !!!

but i made a backup booking at sheraton hua hin now for the same weekend and got preupgraded to lagoon access......

not sure going or not...

thank you BKKLEE for all the follow ups

you should be rewarded

Last edited by cln; Jan 17, 13 at 7:40 am
Old Jan 17, 13, 7:39 am
Suspended

and I have 3-4 Feb (planned a Superbowl Party) and will be disappointed.......

wow so it seems i will be one of the first guests !!!!

i have a reservation from 7-11th of February !!!
Old Jan 17, 13, 9:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I asked the Rayong Marriott GM about your agent made reservation and he replied:

Hello XXXX, sorry for the delay. I am flat out in our last stages. We have no reservations open before 6th February and even after that is for contracted wholesale business only as we have a very very limited inventory and they have bought us out; which is why I have not even invited you personally to come and stay. You can be assured, that once I can open the reservation system to one and all, you will be one of the first to know. I have no idea how she could get a confirmation from her agent, but she/he wont be able to stay here.
You might want to PM Tonia with a link to this post to give her the heads up.

I'm going from memory here, but wasn't there another thread she posted in a while ago re: this property & we had suggested she get a back-up reservation because we couldn't figure out how the travel agent was able to confirm a hotel that wasn't showing availability?

If I were her I'd be on the phone w/ the t.a. asap asking said t.a. to come up w/ another ressie.

Cheers.
Old Jan 17, 13, 11:48 am
Suspended

it was this thread, but as the saying goes you can lead the horse to water, but................

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
You might want to PM Tonia with a link to this post to give her the heads up.

I'm going from memory here, but wasn't there another thread she posted in a while ago re: this property & we had suggested she get a back-up reservation because we couldn't figure out how the travel agent was able to confirm a hotel that wasn't showing availability?

If I were her I'd be on the phone w/ the t.a. asap asking said t.a. to come up w/ another ressie.

Cheers.
Old Jan 18, 13, 3:27 am
Suspended

and now there are no 2013 dates bookable...............
Old Jan 18, 13, 12:19 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; TG ROP Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1
and now there are no 2013 dates bookable...............
Apart from feeling sorry for any customers with planned bookings, let's spare a thought for the staff. They must be so frustrated and this is not of their making.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: