Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 8, 20, 4:08 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Wiki Link
Hotel website: Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa

Property a Cat 4 (valid as of October 3 2015), so Cat 1-4 or Cat 1-5 certs can be used.

Elite benefits include (valid as of October 3 2015):

* Complimentary pot of coffee or tea with wake-up call
* Complimentary in-room Internet access
* Complimentary local phone calls throughout Rayong province
* Complimentary 2 pieces pressing (normal service)
* Complimentary 20 pages of black and white copies
* 20% discount on breakfast & dinner buffet
* 15% discount off normal laundry service
* 20% discount off all treatments at Quan Spa (not applicable with special promotions)
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 29, 12, 4:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
just saw these posts, but frankly after seeing the prop in person, highly doubt it.............. I hope it's true, but...............

http://yourthailand.net/?p=4859

http://www.destinasian.com/countries...esort-to-open/

and as to the 2-Marriott's on Suk 57 opening at the same time, well that's more of a pipe dream then the above article............
Old Aug 9, 12, 6:36 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold
[NEW HOTEL] Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand

I've contacted sales office at Rayong and they told me it will open on December. Exact date are not set yet.
Old Aug 9, 12, 6:52 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
:-( ... [...to be continued]
Old Aug 9, 12, 7:03 am
Suspended

It will be an outstanding property, as well as an alternative to the closures in Hua Hin, Cha Am and Phuket, once it actually opens........
at least it looks like we have one more local interested in its actual opening date.........

Originally Posted by AaronInBKK View Post
I've contacted sales office at Rayong and they told me it will open on December. Exact date are not set yet.
Old Aug 9, 12, 7:15 am

..though the number of different types of rooms/suites seems to be rather limited :-(
Old Aug 9, 12, 7:49 am
Suspended

isn't that big a property............ I think the total # of rooms was 206, but from my tour of the prop the wrap around views over the sea were very nice............ plenty of pool space and normal pool chairs (unlike the way the Pattaya Hilton installed bed chairs so that no more then 25/30 can be placed by the pool area - for a larger # of rooms - insane!) and, as previously stated, the small balconies are totally useless due to a design flaw, but the std rooms were around 50SM and the mini-suite I saw closer to 70SM..... rural, picturesque and quiet, if that's what you're looking for (and I am)..... if it's nightlife you're after then this is NOT the place to come (stay in Pattaya)....

Originally Posted by Chris26WI View Post
..though the number of different types of rooms/suites seems to be rather limited :-(
Old Aug 9, 12, 8:30 am

ah.. i see.. looks rather huge on the photo, the building.. - I guess I'll just miss the pool access rooms like the ones they have at JW KL

any idea what these "pool cabanas" will be? sounds like sort of "day rooms" by the pool that you can rent?

http://www.hotel-rates.com/thailand/...esort-spa.html
Old Aug 9, 12, 8:36 am
Suspended

only places I saw were what looked like 2 private houses and when I asked was told were private villas for the hotel owners.............. what you may be looking at may have been part of the spa or the kids room and pool down by the beach.........

no river pool access rooms here like JWKL, but 2 huge pools just outside the prop and a lap pool by the beach (but situated in my ipinion to close to the kiddy lounge & pool)........

ah.. i see.. looks rather huge on the photo, the building.. - I guess I'll just miss the pool access rooms like the ones they have at JW KL

any idea what these "pool cabanas" will be? sounds like sort of "day rooms" by the pool that you can rent?

http://www.hotel-rates.com/thailand/...esort-spa.html
Old Aug 9, 12, 9:16 am

ah ok.. on this development plan

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Q7ep4xd5kEs/TT...00/devplan.jpg

it still looked like pool villas sthg like that, but apparently part of the neighbouring (planned?) condo-type Phuphatara Residence.
Old Aug 9, 12, 9:27 am
Suspended

those beach villas are part of the condo complex (same owner/developer as the Marriott)..................... this large pool shown is actually 2 pools and in between they've now put an acquarium sunkin' bar........ there's another large pool on the other side of the hotel and not shown here are the kiddy villa & pool and beach front lap pool (larger/wider then in Samui)

ah ok.. on this development plan

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Q7ep4xd5kEs/TT...00/devplan.jpg

it still looked like pool villas sthg like that, but apparently part of the neighbouring (planned?) condo-type Phuphatara Residence.
Old Aug 28, 12, 1:55 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; TG ROP Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1
I have had just had an e-mail from my friend who used to work at the JW in Bangkok saying that she thinks the hotel will open in December, in the meantime she will be working at JW Khao Lak.
Old Oct 12, 12, 11:01 am
cln
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Exclamation

It is mid october now..... i just called marriott and there is nothing new to report
Old Oct 15, 12, 10:35 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold
I've contacted Rayong sales staff today and she told me the opening date has been moved once again to 7th of January, 2013.
Old Oct 19, 12, 5:21 pm
Suspended

don't completely give up on a Dec opening here..............alot of work has been accomplished since I last visted and you've got a VERY pro-active GM.........

I've contacted Rayong sales staff today and she told me the opening date has been moved once again to 7th of January, 2013.
Old Oct 22, 12, 7:06 am

HI everybody!

We've planed to stay at the Rayong Marriott on January (from 26th). Will the hotel be open??

Many thanks!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: