Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 8, 20, 4:08 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Wiki Link
Hotel website: Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa

Property a Cat 4 (valid as of October 3 2015), so Cat 1-4 or Cat 1-5 certs can be used.

Elite benefits include (valid as of October 3 2015):

* Complimentary pot of coffee or tea with wake-up call
* Complimentary in-room Internet access
* Complimentary local phone calls throughout Rayong province
* Complimentary 2 pieces pressing (normal service)
* Complimentary 20 pages of black and white copies
* 20% discount on breakfast & dinner buffet
* 15% discount off normal laundry service
* 20% discount off all treatments at Quan Spa (not applicable with special promotions)
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 8, 20, 11:37 am

Programs: UNITED 1K, THAI ROP GOLD, Marriott PLAT, Hilton Gold
Marriott rayong Thailand

Spending a few days with my family there? We are a 2 adult and 2 kids (both under 3 years old) family. On the Marriott website it has many rooms with 2 x Queen beds. but on the website it only allows a max of 2 guests to stay in those room?? Seems strange to me. So i changed to a King Bed room and now it only allows 3 people max per room.is that including children or just adults? How does a family of 4 stay in a hotel like this? do we just fake it and see it they let it slide?

Last edited by Soundman76; Jan 8, 20 at 11:39 am Reason: wrong numbers
Old Jan 8, 20, 11:49 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Plat
I remember going to Thailand just over ten years ago. It was heaven, not a child in sight. Unfortunately not the case anymore, in both hotels and on flights to Thailand.
Old Jan 8, 20, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Will08 View Post
I remember going to Thailand just over ten years ago. It was heaven, not a child in sight. Unfortunately not the case anymore, in both hotels and on flights to Thailand.
Yep - thats the same people who continue to go there now.. life doesnt stand still...
You need to find smth less developed and resort oriented or at the very least avoid worldwide school holidays time - no xmas, no orthodox xmas, no chinese new year, no songkran, no spring break, no... anyways there should be a few days in between
Old Jan 9, 20, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Soundman76 View Post
Spending a few days with my family there? We are a 2 adult and 2 kids (both under 3 years old) family. On the Marriott website it has many rooms with 2 x Queen beds. but on the website it only allows a max of 2 guests to stay in those room?? Seems strange to me. So i changed to a King Bed room and now it only allows 3 people max per room.is that including children or just adults? How does a family of 4 stay in a hotel like this? do we just fake it and see it they let it slide?
there were 4 of us (including kids aged 7 & 5) for our stay a couple of weeks ago....no one said anything....in fact, they had set up a nice sleeping area for my kids in the room....i was in a studio suite though....
Old Jan 9, 20, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Will08 View Post
if only there was a way to do away with children....humanity would cease to exist in the next 100 years but at least one would be able to enjoy child-less flights & hotels in the meanwhile....
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 9, 20, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by Soundman76 View Post
Contact the hotel. I'm pretty sure they will confirm the 4 of you can stay in a double-double room. I asked a few years ago and they said it was fine, although I stayed elsewhere in the end.
Old Jan 19, 20, 4:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
Just stayed again at this property, and again had a GREAT time.

It wasn't crowded, so that was a definite bonus. Pools were all clean as can be, and the staff friendly as ever.
It's true that there are some maintenance needs that the property should start addressing though, so that it doesn't fall into disrepair.

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
their website claims that there are 2 tvs in the studio suite but in fact there is only one....
Which room didn't have a TV? The lounge or the bedroom? I noticed that our TV in the bedroom had a sliding "wall" that could completely hide the presence of the TV!

Originally Posted by itisme View Post
The pools to the right of it i never saw used once by anyone and looked disgusting. Not once i even saw someone trying to clean it so perhaps they just given up on it.
There's a pool that looks like it belongs to the main Marriott pool, but I believe that is actually maintained by the apartment buildings next to the Marriott and has a separate cleaning crew.
We could see pool cleaners working every morning, but the Marriott crew seemed to do a much better job on "their side".

Three people cleaning the big Marriott pool (~8am):
mcgahat likes this.

Last edited by narvik; Jan 19, 20 at 5:13 am Reason: added pics
Old Jan 19, 20, 8:24 am

Programs: SQ, BA Gold (GGL), Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Had a great 1 night stay here travelling to Chanthaburi and stopped off. Redemption booking and upgraded to one bed suite, nice welcome gift. Good breakfast. Forgot to take pictures of the suite, but it was huge with double balcony and comfy bed. Separate sitting area, enormous closet area and bathroom. Ceiling fans in bedroom and sitting area were great rather than switching on AC. Fantastic view to wake up to. Pool to the right is indeed a condo pool, not the Marriott pool.

narvik likes this.

Last edited by EGW1; Jan 19, 20 at 8:39 am
Old Jan 19, 20, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by narvik View Post
Which room didn't have a TV? The lounge or the bedroom? I noticed that our TV in the bedroom had a sliding "wall" that could completely hide the presence of the TV!
i was in a studio suite so it was just one large room....there was just one tv while the room description on the website claims there are 2....
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 19, 20, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
How is everyone getting to this resort?
Old Jan 19, 20, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
I always rent a car when in Thailand. (see *)
Not sure it's easily accessible otherwise,....except tour buses of course.

Drivers are much more courteous and follow the rules far more than I ever expected before driving in Thailand.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 20, 20, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the hotel offers airport pickup for a fee & taking a pre-paid taxi is also an option....but i would highly recommend renting a car....not only will it turn out to be much cheaper than the other options but you will have the ability to move around from the resort as there is pretty much nothing close by....
Old Jan 20, 20, 4:55 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; QR Plat
I drove there myself.
Old Jan 20, 20, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Looks like Iíll have to bring someone with me who doesnít mind driving in Thailand.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 20, 20, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like Iíll have to bring someone with me who doesnít mind driving in Thailand.
i was expecting the worst but surprisingly it was pretty easy driving in thailand....i wouldn't want to drive in bangkok but going from the airport to rayong was pretty easy....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: