Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2015, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hotel website: Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa

Property a Cat 4 (valid as of October 3 2015), so Cat 1-4 or Cat 1-5 certs can be used.

Elite benefits include (valid as of October 3 2015):

* Complimentary pot of coffee or tea with wake-up call
* Complimentary in-room Internet access
* Complimentary local phone calls throughout Rayong province
* Complimentary 2 pieces pressing (normal service)
* Complimentary 20 pages of black and white copies
* 20% discount on breakfast & dinner buffet
* 15% discount off normal laundry service
* 20% discount off all treatments at Quan Spa (not applicable with special promotions)
Print Wikipost

Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Stayed here recently. Was upgraded to a really nice corner, ocean-facing room. 3.5 hour drive from Bangkok, easy enough to find even with only printed maps and very little signposting. Golds get free breakfast.

This is the kind of place to go and get away. There's absolutely nothing else in the vicinity to see, shop or do. The nearest town is Ban Phe about 14km away and the closest 7-Eleven is 6km away. There appears to be a public songthaew that gets you to Ban Phe from road in front of hotel but you really need a car.

Pros:
1) Room. Has great views of sea with floor-to-ceiling windows and really interesting sliding doors to cordon-off bathroom, sliding doors for closets and windows. Good water pressure from rainfall shower. Bed OK but not great. I liked the overhead fan. All rooms appear to have a balcony.

2) Great b/fast. Crowded but still good. Lots of choices.

3) Fairly quiet. Construction noise previously reported seems to have stopped or finished.

4) Internet was typical Marriott TH DoCoMo fast: 20 Mbps up/down

Cons (minor):
1) Water in shower pools on floor and does not really drain. Does not make outer bathroom wet though.

2) Counted only 3 available wall sockets in room

3) A/C: Hard to get temps in room to go below 24C during day.

4) Waited 1.5 hours past 2pm check-in for room to be available.

5) Very remote location. Either good for some or bad for others. There's really nothing of interest in the area, even if you have a car.

This is the type of hotel I would go to with family or loved ones and laze around all day and do nothing.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Currently staying here.. agree not really anything within walking distance.
Close to Novotel though.

Standard rooms already nice, but be sure to get a seaview one, other side not attractive. "Studio corner suites" certainly not 70sqm as stated in room description on marriott.com, but maybe max 50 sqm I d guess, more a bit like the studio rooms in Renaissance Bangkok. Also not 2 TVs (as in description) but only 1. Batteries of remote control for TV dead, minibar not cooling (they had to replace it), problems with the curtain (blocked). Internet access fast (20 mbit via network cable).

Two pools, quite nice, but inferior to the big one of JW KL. Not really enough deckchairs on the freeform pool.

Not a lot choice of restaurants, in fact only one main restaurant (smallish fish bar near lap pool disregarded). Service level still inferior of other Marriotts in Thailand, especially in the F&B area not enough waiters or too slow. Takes ages to clear up tables from used dishes etc.; similar situation for pool staff. Food quite tasty and cheaper than in the other marriotts of Thailand, but not really a huge choice. Breakfast buffet not really nice neither IMHO (much better in Marriott Sukh 57, JW KL, Marriott Pattaya etc) and a bit limited. Long queues for the "order stations" (eggs/omlettes etc).

Not a lot benefits for status members. just 20% discount for F&B (though not valid for room-service). No welcome fruit/platter/letter in the room. Nice gardens and nice views from the rooms. Beach ok and not really dirty; ocean water of course not of same standard as in Phuket/Khao Lak.

Freeform pool:

Deluxe seaview room:

Studio corner suite:

Last edited by Chris26WI; Jan 2, 2014 at 8:45 am
Old Jan 22, 2014, 4:14 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold
[NEW HOTEL] Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand

Until March, they have a super saver rate at 2599++ including breakfast for two. I've just booked for three nights.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
How much might a taxi cost from BKK airport to this hotel and is it easy to get or should I book in advance?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 4:17 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by FinnishFlash
How much might a taxi cost from BKK airport to this hotel and is it easy to get or should I book in advance?
i had a taxi from ptt taxiservice (pattaya) from bkk city to rayong for 2000 thb.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Chris26WI
Currently staying here.. agree not really anything within walking distance.
Anyone's been here recently? Is this still so, that there are no shops or restaurants nearby?

I will stay here with my 2 sons in august for 5 nights. I don't mind the remote location because kids cub and kids pool with sliders will perfectly do the job for us , but if really nothin around there I will get a rental car for sure.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:02 am
Suspended

Rent your car as there's still nothing built in the nearby area.

Originally Posted by olisch
Anyone's been here recently? Is this still so, that there are no shops or restaurants nearby?

I will stay here with my 2 sons in august for 5 nights. I don't mind the remote location because kids cub and kids pool with sliders will perfectly do the job for us , but if really nothin around there I will get a rental car for sure.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
A FTer emailed me the following from a card he received at check-in.

Dear Valued Guest (intro paragraph from the management about how happy you're with them).

Elite benefits include:

* Complimentary pot of coffee or tea with wake-up call
* Complimentary in-room Internet access
* Complimentary local phone calls throughout Rayong province
* Complimentary 2 pieces pressing (normal service)
* Complimentary 20 pages of black and white copies
* 20% discount on breakfast & dinner buffet
* 15% discount off normal laundry service
* 20% discount off all treatments at Quan Spa (not applicable with special promotions)

Ending paragraph re: how they're happy to have you there & to let them know if they can be of service.

I just noticed the property is a Cat 4, so Cat 1-4 or Cat 1-5 certs can be used here.

I also created a wiki for the property.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Oct 3, 2015 at 11:47 am
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I've been to JW Phuket and Khao Lak. Can any compare those to Rayong? Thinking about heading back to Thailand with the wife next year and a exploring a new area would be nice.

I know the hotel is remote, but has that helped it stay nice or have they dropped the service/ price to get traffic up?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Without prejudice to Chris comments above which I totally disagree with -
I've stayed at the 2 JWs referenced before as well as having been a repeat client at the Rayong Marriott since it's opening (actually here now).
Yes, the hotel is still isolated but the beach is one of the cleanest in TH. Only problem is this is the season for jellyfish so warnings are up, but you still have the lap pool by the beach and the huge pool on the side of the hotel.
We've never had any problem finding available lounge chairs.
Fish Market Rest is once again open - ate their last night - fresh grouper, prawns and calamari available to be cooked the way you want but no oysters, baby clam or hoy tallop due to deliveries. Last night only 3 tables occupied.
Only change I've seen at breakfast is addition of honey ham, ala Pattaya Marriott.
New GM doing his best to keep occupancy high with tour groups.
Good Customer Service reaching out prior to arrival to determine any assistance requested - I asked for driving instructions to bypass local flooding along the Pattaya/Rayong highway which was responded to the following day.
In sum, we've been coming here at least twice a year since the hotel opened and will continue to do so as our loyalty to them has always been appreciated and returned.

Originally Posted by Madone59
I've been to JW Phuket and Khao Lak. Can any compare those to Rayong? Thinking about heading back to Thailand with the wife next year and a exploring a new area would be nice.

I know the hotel is remote, but has that helped it stay nice or have they dropped the service/ price to get traffic up?

Last edited by leeky; Oct 10, 2015 at 3:06 am
Old Oct 9, 2015, 10:49 pm

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
Originally Posted by leeky
I've stayed at the 2 JWs referenced before as well as having been a repeat client at the Rayong Marriott since it's opening (actually here now).
Yes, the hotel is still isolated but the beach is one of the cleanest in TH. Only problem is this is the season for jellyfish so warnings are up, but you still have the lap pool by the beach and the huge pool on the side of the hotel.
We've never had any problem finding available lounge chairs.
Fish Market Rest is once again open - ate their last night - fresh grouper, prawns and calamari available to be cooked the way you want but no oysters, baby clam or hoy tallop due to deliveries. Last night only 3 tables occupied.
Only change I've seen at breakfast is addition of honey ham, ala Pattaya Marriott.
New GM doing his best to keep occupancy high with tour groups.
Good Customer Service reaching out prior to arrival to determine any assistance requested - I asked for driving instructions to bypass local flooding along the Pattaya/Rayong highway which was responded to the following day.
In sum, we've been coming here at least twice a year since the hotel opened and will continue to do so as our loyalty to them has always been appreciated and returned.
The breakfast restaurant gave us excellent services, they're awesome.
Staff and managers impressed us with their personal attention to fit our needs.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:33 am

Rayong

I coulden't find a thread dedicated to the Rayong property, so I apologize if I am in the wrong spot.

I've been to Phuket twice, stayed at JW, but am thinking of checking out Rayong and other parts of Thailand in December 2016. If anyone could compare Phuket to Rayong for me, as well as the properties I'd appreciate it.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:47 am
Suspended

I coulden't find a thread dedicated to the Rayong property, so I apologize if I am in the wrong spot.

I've been to Phuket twice, stayed at JW, but am thinking of checking out Rayong and other parts of Thailand in December 2016. If anyone could compare Phuket to Rayong for me, as well as the properties I'd appreciate it.
Rayong

No villas. Nice spacious modern rooms. Nice open air restaurant. Friendly. Pool about the same size. Beach is just for looking not swimming. Totally Out of the way. Probably cheaper.

Ren
Exclusive ambience. One of the best beaches anywhere. Beach club atmosphere. Nice villas. Lots of adjoining properties including use of JW pools.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Allvest
Rayong

No villas. Nice spacious modern rooms. Nice open air restaurant. Friendly. Pool about the same size. Beach is just for looking not swimming. Totally Out of the way. Probably cheaper.

Ren
Exclusive ambience. One of the best beaches anywhere. Beach club atmosphere. Nice villas. Lots of adjoining properties including use of JW pools.
Is there much to do around Rayong? I don't mind the out of the way, looks like taxi from BKK will cost about the same as taxi HKT to Kaho Lak.

Obviously Rayong will cost me less points, which is kind of attractive. Beach isn't for swimming is OK with us, but is it good for sitting or no? There isn't much sitting on the beach at JW Phuket, just listening to it from the pool.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:20 am
Suspended

Is there much to do around Rayong? I don't mind the out of the way, looks like taxi from BKK will cost about the same as taxi HKT to Kaho Lak.

Obviously Rayong will cost me less points, which is kind of attractive. Beach isn't for swimming is OK with us, but is it good for sitting or no? There isn't much sitting on the beach at JW Phuket, just listening to it from the pool.
Best to rent a car

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.