Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W St Petersburg, Russia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W St Petersburg, Russia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I’m sure it blows away the Courtyard.
I’d love to be placed in the Lotte. If you like breakfast , it might be useful to join the Leaders Club as The Lotte is part of Leading Hotels of the World chain.

Not bheap (costs $150 for a year ) but might be worth it for the bennies.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by beachfan
I’m sure it blows away the Courtyard.
I’d love to be placed in the Lotte. If you like breakfast , it might be useful to join the Leaders Club as The Lotte is part of Leading Hotels of the World chain.

Not bheap (costs $150 for a year ) but might be worth it for the bennies.
Well, the booking had to be booked through Leaders channel and I don't think the SPG one qualifies. I think I can join their Privilege Club to get some points but I don't go to Korea often so I don't know what use I can make out of that. I'll be contacting the hotel Monday and see what's going on with the reservation since their basic room is just a King size bed and I actually need 2 Twin... which the W could provide me when I request upgrades as a Plat, but not this hotel.

This hotel recently opened last year around July-Sept. so I guess being a new property would beat the Courtyard any day, but I think Courtyard still recognizes the Plat status since the crossover so you should be treated much better, plus you get the stays and nights. Did you end up taking the Marriott offer?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
For those who were placed at the Lotte, what is the price per night? When I checked online for my dates in July (which are after the World cup), I saw it was $500+ per night.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Well, the booking had to be booked through Leaders channel and I don't think the SPG one qualifies. I think I can join their Privilege Club to get some points but I don't go to Korea often so I don't know what use I can make out of that. I'll be contacting the hotel Monday and see what's going on with the reservation since their basic room is just a King size bed and I actually need 2 Twin... which the W could provide me when I request upgrades as a Plat, but not this hotel.

This hotel recently opened last year around July-Sept. so I guess being a new property would beat the Courtyard any day, but I think Courtyard still recognizes the Plat status since the crossover so you should be treated much better, plus you get the stays and nights. Did you end up taking the Marriott offer?

No way. I'm lifetime platinum in both, don't care about stays/nights. It's not in the same league at all. The Lotte is a luxury hotel. The Courtyard is a courtyard.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by avja
For those who were placed at the Lotte, what is the price per night? When I checked online for my dates in July (which are after the World cup), I saw it was $500+ per night.
I just contacted the hotel. For your information:

Room Rate: RUB 57,000.00 The rate is per room per night inclusive of 18% VAT.
Breakfast: Breakfast is included
Old Mar 18, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
I just contacted the hotel. For your information:

Room Rate: RUB 57,000.00 The rate is per room per night inclusive of 18% VAT.
Breakfast: Breakfast is included
I see that your reservation was transferred to this hotel. Is this the rate you will have to pay? Or did you get a reduced rate?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by avja
I see that your reservation was transferred to this hotel. Is this the rate you will have to pay? Or did you get a reduced rate?
I had to confirm that with the reservation team on the phone and she told me she would come back to me with an answer from the manager. She did not even need my credit card information for a guarantee as mentioned in the e-mail by SPG to confirm the booking.

The answer I received later from the reservation team of LOTTE in e-mail:
Originally Posted by LOTTE Reservation
I have contacted to my manager, and what I figured out is that company takes care of your stay and you should contact to the Marriott about the points you have from them.
...so I believe everything is taken cared by Marriott as I have already paid SPG (or Marriott)... just no Platinum benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.