FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   W St Petersburg, Russia [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1211697-w-st-petersburg-russia-master-thread.html)

beachfan Feb 19, 2018 12:09 am

Same happened to me with the odd entries.

360guy Feb 19, 2018 10:09 am

Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 29432820)
Same happened to me with the odd entries.

Yes, The same for me last week.

coolfish1103 Feb 19, 2018 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by avja (Post 29430722)
The saga continues
Checked my account and saw the following:
2/13 + 24000 pts W St Petersburg cancellation (it was a cash and points reservation at 6000 pts per night for 4 nights in July)
2/13 -24000 pts W St Petersburg relocation
I had not received any communication from Starwood. I therefore called the platinum desk and asked what was happening. The agent could not find out and suggested I email guest services. I just did this. (My best guess is that I was relocated to one of the Marriott properties in St Petersburg without my authorization.)

Same here, but mine was paid entirely in points.

If they do relocate us to a Marriott, I am unsure if it's better to have a place to lodge at Marriott or having to find a non-chained hotel... though looking at the options, the only acceptable substitution is probably the Renaissance.

What's surprising is that they still haven't given an official announcement for this brand change, and it's almost a month...

beachfan Mar 2, 2018 6:35 pm

I’m close to giving up and booking a non chain hotel. I don’t think the Renaissance is comparable (although haven’t been to either; I see the Ren has a similar location)

i have heard from them, but only asking me to wait( and wait and wait).

porkie Mar 3, 2018 2:09 am

I was also supposed to stay there but I have decided to cancel it and book the Four Seasons instead - really amazing hotel, just finished a 4 nights stay there. I'd strongly recommend doing the same.

rfrost Mar 3, 2018 4:42 am

Originally Posted by porkie (Post 29479679)
I was also supposed to stay there but I have decided to cancel it and book the Four Seasons instead - really amazing hotel, just finished a 4 nights stay there. I'd strongly recommend doing the same.

The Four Seasons Lion Palace is my favorite hotel in St Petersburg (indeed, in Russia). I would join in the recommendation above.

beachfan Mar 3, 2018 7:41 pm

True, but at $720/night, even with a 4th night free (via Citi Prestige), it a bit of a budget buster when you had a 5night points plus cash reservation at the W.

porkie Mar 4, 2018 4:09 am

For what dates do you see such rates? I paid just something like 280 USD/night for the standard room. Book FSPP rates through whatahotel.com or other agency which include room upgrade and breakfast for two as well as spa credit.

avja Mar 4, 2018 8:35 am

Just checked FS for late July (dates after World Cup ends). Rate is $650 per night including extras at whatahotel.com

ethang801 Mar 4, 2018 9:33 am

i had a points reservation for five nights during the world cup (6/19-6/24) and it has been cancelled but i have yet to get my points back. i tried calling and they werent able to give me the points. any suggestions/help/tips for getting my 64k points back?

beachfan Mar 4, 2018 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by porkie (Post 29483243)
For what dates do you see such rates? I paid just something like 280 USD/night for the standard room. Book FSPP rates through whatahotel.com or other agency which include room upgrade and breakfast for two as well as spa credit.

last week in May.

beachfan Mar 7, 2018 11:22 am

Finally heard back. They are offering me the Courtyard Vasilievsky. No mention of refunding the difference in points. No offer of the Renaisance, which isnt in the same league, but at least a similar location.

360guy Mar 7, 2018 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 29496599)
Finally heard back. They are offering me the Courtyard Vasilievsky. No mention of refunding the difference in points. No offer of the Renaisance, which isnt in the same league, but at least a similar location.

The same for me today. No mention of refunding my 35,500 points

avja Mar 8, 2018 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by 360guy (Post 29497879)
The same for me today. No mention of refunding my 35,500 points

Ditto for me. Providing an inferior property at what appears to be the same cost is absurd. Instead of insulting their customers, they should either apologize and return the points with a token bonus or offer the other properties at a reduced rate.

coolfish1103 Mar 8, 2018 8:18 pm

Haven't got an e-mail yet, any idea when it was sent? Thanks.