Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W St Petersburg, Russia [Master Thread]

W St Petersburg, Russia [Master Thread]

Old Oct 25, 2011, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
When we were in St Pete last month, we walked right past the W but did not go inside. It's is very-well located in a prime location if you are sightseeing. Right in the midst of everything -- walking distance to all the major sights.

Unfortunately, our 4 nights were on a ship, quite a bit out of town.

A great place to eat, probably only a 10 min walk, is Sadko Restaurant. 2 Ulitsa Glinki, tel: +7 (812) 920-82-28. It's right across from the Mariinsky Theater. Awesome food, good service, reasonable prices.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:55 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Tentatively booked a room here for August on P&C. We're actually in SPB for two days on a cruise, and are hoping to tour the city on our own, so figured if we were staying at a hotel in the city, they'd approve our visa, and we could get around that way.

I've done the Brazil Visa dance, is the Russian visa dance any more difficult?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:50 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Tentatively booked a room here for August on P&C. We're actually in SPB for two days on a cruise, and are hoping to tour the city on our own, so figured if we were staying at a hotel in the city, they'd approve our visa, and we could get around that way.

I've done the Brazil Visa dance, is the Russian visa dance any more difficult?
Technically, tourist visas are issued on a sponsor letter from an accredited by Russian Ministry of Tourism travel company. But there some exceptions from this. Based on your location, you are applying at Russian consulate general in NYC. If in trouble, you may need use a Russia-accredited travel agency -- plenty of them in NYC, and, I'm sure some in BOS.
http://www.ruscon.org/visa_dep_ENG.html
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:59 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Medved
Technically, tourist visas are issued on a sponsor letter from an accredited by Russian Ministry of Tourism travel company. But there some exceptions from this. Based on your location, you are applying at Russian consulate general in NYC. If in trouble, you may need use a Russia-accredited travel agency -- plenty of them in NYC, and, I'm sure some in BOS.
What's the earliest one can apply for a visa? I've heard somewhere that it is 3 mths prior to arrival.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How is the service at this hotel compared to the Kempinski for example? Sounds like a good new option for St. Petersburg?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by uxb
What's the earliest one can apply for a visa? I've heard somewhere that it is 3 mths prior to arrival.
I am not aware of a specific requirement. You better apply early -- at least 3 months ahead of time. Your visa will have exact dates of arrival/departure printed on it (tourist -- max 30 days stay).
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:59 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
The hotel has gotten us forms to complete with instructions to contact the Consul General. I'm just curious if anyone here knows how difficult/annoying this process is. I did Brazil visas 2 years ago, and that was about as difficult/annoying a process as I would like to undertake.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
The hotel has gotten us forms to complete with instructions to contact the Consul General. I'm just curious if anyone here knows how difficult/annoying this process is. I did Brazil visas 2 years ago, and that was about as difficult/annoying a process as I would like to undertake.
I did Brazilian visas 7 years In Toronto and found the process mildly annoying: line up and at first they refused to accept my pictures because one was smudged and they were no identical. Visa clerk got mad but after some insistence accepted. Good thing Brazilians accepted cash/CC payments.
Make sure that ALL done exactly as specified on the website: a completed visa application form, national passport, two standard passport-size pictures, Money Order. Will be no exceptions or considerations given.
Interesting, if they accepted your "hotel forms" in lieu of support letter & voucher. If so, process is pretty seamless. Expect significant line ups in summer months.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
All my visa work (including Russia) is done by CIBT. For a fee of something like $75, they deal with everything. Forms for visa applications are available online at their website. You then print, sign, include passport, photos and whatever else is required, and send to them. You will get your passport back with visa(s) complete. IMO, a very small price to pay to have someone else deal with this. I believe that they cover all foreign countries for which visas are required. They'll also deal with the U.S. Passport Agency for renewals, extra pages, and the like. Rush service on visas and passports is available for an upcharge. I've used them for over five years, now, and never been disappointed.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:33 pm

I did Brazilian visas 7 years In Toronto and found the process mildly annoying: line up and at first they refused to accept my pictures because one was smudged and they were no identical. Visa clerk got mad but after some insistence accepted. Good thing Brazilians accepted cash/CC payments.
Make sure that ALL done exactly as specified on the website: a completed visa application form, national passport, two standard passport-size pictures, Money Order. Will be no exceptions or considerations given.
Interesting, if they accepted your "hotel forms" in lieu of support letter & voucher. If so, process is pretty seamless. Expect significant line ups in summer months.
2 years ago in Boston it was the same, but you had to drop everything off with them (including original passport), then come back 5 days later and hope everything was there and in order (you had a receipt, but I'm not sure of their liability if they lost your passport!).

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
All my visa work (including Russia) is done by CIBT. For a fee of something like $75, they deal with everything. Forms for visa applications are available online at their website. You then print, sign, include passport, photos and whatever else is required, and send to them. You will get your passport back with visa(s) complete. IMO, a very small price to pay to have someone else deal with this. I believe that they cover all foreign countries for which visas are required. They'll also deal with the U.S. Passport Agency for renewals, extra pages, and the like. Rush service on visas and passports is available for an upcharge. I've used them for over five years, now, and never been disappointed.
This may be the way we do this. Thanks very much for everyone's help.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Getting back to this property, can anyone provide additional information on the physical plant, the rooms, SPG Gold elite recognition and the fitness room.

The gym looks quite small with only 1 treadmill???

The website says that they will comp your visit to the pool if you are in a suite. Has anyone been able to get this perk comped without being in a suite or scheduling a spa appointment?

Finally, the rooftop bar looks quite nice. What is the average cost of drinks/food up there?

Thanks,

NJ
Old May 14, 2012, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Is anybody aware how they deal with the Platinum breakfast benefit?
Old May 21, 2012, 3:38 pm

Looking into transfers from the airport I have found a company called Autoarenda with a nice website and a fare of $36 in a Sonata. What are the options excluding the hotel cars?
Old May 21, 2012, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Taxi
Fee: RUB 1000 - RUB 1500
Hours: 24 hours
Travel Time:45 - 60 minutes
Taxis are readily available at the exits of both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 of the Pulkovo International Airport

Bus
Hours: 24 hours
Travel Time:45 - 60 minutes
Shuttle bus 39 runs continuously between Terminal 1 of the Pulkovo International Airport and the Moskovskaya metro station. The bus stop is opposite to the domestic flight arrivals hall exit and the fee is RUB 26

BTW, I'm headed there in July so if you find a great deal, please let me know

Originally Posted by genoval
Looking into transfers from the airport I have found a company called Autoarenda with a nice website and a fare of $36 in a Sonata. What are the options excluding the hotel cars?
Old May 22, 2012, 2:57 am

Programs: BA G , SPG Plt
Be vareful to use taxis from airport.
Better to pay a bit more but book taxi in advance.
There are some of trasted companies

Taxi Komandir +7 812 988 88 88
Taxi Importan Person +7 812 600 88 88

Both use Mercedes-E cars.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.