Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport [Master Thread]

Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport [Master Thread]

Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by itravelalot
I just stayed here. Got a suite upgrade. It has 11 floors and 3 elevators but only 1 elevator is working. Apparently the other 2 elevators have been broken for 2-3 weeks. Staff told me the owner won't fix the broken elevators. I tried using the stairs but you can't access some of the guest floors because some but not all doors to floors are locked from the stairs. I could see this being a major safety issue if the last remaining elevator broke or there was a fire. The suite was clean but tired like the pictures above. The bathroom looks original to the construction of the Sheraton. The massive somewhat brand new 75 inch TV in the suite was nice. With that said the housekeepers do their job keeping the room clean and functional. It was very comfortable. Lounge was basic and hardly used when I was there.
I hope someone calls the proper authorities. What you've posted is a huge safety issue. Perhaps tweet about it or post on TripAdvisor or contact the local news station.

Cheers.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: MR Bonvoy LP , AC/AE, DL, Porter, SU, Nexus, APEC
I'm staying at the hotel this evening, it is the same as above, only one of the three elevators is working, the other two are not.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
If I were staying I would call the civic authorities so quickly. I doubt Starwood would have put up with this. Even just seeing this on FT would have likely resulted in some attention and pressure being placed on the property.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
DETROIT airport

Old thread, But checked in at Sheraton for a 5 night stay as LT, was told points or ONE breakfast . Yes, only 1 breakfast for all 5 nights. Also told EL open, but not staffed, but grab water & chips. Very weird benefits !
Also checked the Marriott across the street, about same price, Get points & hot breakfast EVERY day. But EL closed.

Last edited by Jiatong; Jul 8, 2021 at 1:34 pm Reason: splng
Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jiatong
Old thread, But checked in at Sheraton for a 5 night stay as LT, was told points or ONE breakfast . Yes, only 1 breakfast for all 5 nights. Also told EL open, but not staffed, but grab water & chips. Very weird benefits !
Also checked the Marriott across the street, about same price, Get points & hot breakfast EVERY day. But EL closed.
You need to escalate the lack of breakfast on all five mornings. They are trying to pull a fast one.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 9:46 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Jiatong
checked in at Sheraton for a 5 night stay as LT, was told points or ONE breakfast . Yes, only 1 breakfast for all 5 nights.
If their restaurant is open they should provide you +1 daily breakfast. Be sure to collect $100 for denial of your welcome gift.

1,000 Points per Stay or amenity per Stay or breakfast in restaurant per night of Stay for Member +1 (including Resorts)
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Originally Posted by estedman
You need to escalate the lack of breakfast on all five mornings. They are trying to pull a fast one .
I agree, Have had issues here before, about 6 stays over the last 4 years. I like: the (free) parking, 11th floor rooms are somewhat renovated, & good shuttle service to airport to meet people. The old small, & dated EL used to have simple tasty food, Not yet, but staff replies vary when asked on benefits...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.