Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Srisarin
Plats are eligible for PAG gift except for points.
IMO a stupid exception but it's written in the fine print.
Didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:11 pm

Marriot explore friends rate

Hello,

A good friend sent me a
Pdf form for Marriott explore friends anf family. Can I use this form for Starwood hotels? The form has a big Marriott logo on it.

Thanks
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by liongate88
Hello,

A good friend sent me a
Pdf form for Marriott explore friends anf family. Can I use this form for Starwood hotels? The form has a big Marriott logo on it.

Thanks
Ask your good friend. S/he will tell you.

Cheers.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Ask your good friend. S/he will tell you.

Cheers.
Ground Hog Day Marriott Style Here we go again.....

--Jon
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
Ground Hog Day Marriott Style Here we go again.....

--Jon
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:04 pm

Verification

I quit my job at Marriott the other week but boss said I could still use explore rate for upcoming trip next week. She said they don’t verify my employee status immediately. Will my employee card not get me the explore rate due to new verification process?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:44 pm

I am an associate and I don't know how and where to look for the record of the trips I took. I travel a lot and this discount is saving me tons of money. I have never given a friends and family discount to anyone, but my associate discount can be used for 6 months (Jan 1st to June 30th and July 1st to Dec 31st) . Usually ask the front desk to make a copy of it so I don't have to print out a new one every time, just when it expires
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:03 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Using either of the 2 optional associate rates don't earn points and or stay credits, Marriott Rewards wouldn't have records of your non reported stays.

Furthermore, I think I recall that Marriott employees aren't elligble to maintain a MR account so really, what are you after ?

Originally Posted by Elena Kay
I am an associate and I don't know how and where to look for the record of the trips I took. I travel a lot and this discount is saving me tons of money. I have never given a friends and family discount to anyone, but my associate discount can be used for 6 months (Jan 1st to June 30th and July 1st to Dec 31st) . Usually ask the front desk to make a copy of it so I don't have to print out a new one every time, just when it expires
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Srisarin
Using either of the 2 optional associate rates don't earn points and or stay credits, Marriott Rewards wouldn't have records of your non reported stays.

Furthermore, I think I recall that Marriott employees aren't elligble to maintain a MR account so really, what are you after ?

I have a MR account, but I had it way before I started working for Marriott. On discounted stays you can't earn or redeem points. But I don't care about this particular program at the moment since I've saved thousands of dollars using the discount. For someone it might be a better idea to book another rate and get the points
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:10 am

Explorer rate

First, the numbers in the lower left hand corner are for FRAUD. As employees we are required to prove the form to be legit. Too many forms are fakes, and people actually think we do not check the authenticity of the form. We do, I can assure you this.

Second, if your family member was kind enough to book a room for you under the EXPLORER RATE you should honor that person by not smoking cigarettes or other illegal substances in the room. Not only can they LOSE THEIR JOB, but it's simply poor etiquette on your part.

Third, if the rate is not booked properly, We will change it and we have the right to do so. Ergo if you arrive and keep telling the Front Desk YOUR FRIEND booked this, more than likely you will receive the FRIENDS AND FAMILY rate not the EXPLORER RATE.

My advice, if you're scamming, don't show your cards! Also don't edit the forms. They all look alike, and we are trained to spot phony forms. If you plan on not heeding this advice and you do smoke in a room, there will be a charge. SHOCKER!
In addition we can and will change your rate to the current rack rate.

This is our employee benefit. We protect our benefits with 100% conviction. If you think you are going to slip one passed the goalie, think again. We all keep a BANNED LIST for those who think they can muscle their way through with fraudulent forms. Not to mention, this is also an offense that will get a person terminated regardless of the actions taken after the form was printed. Expired forms are not accepted either.

Lastly, if you are legit, we welcome you. If you are not CUSTOMER SERVICE can't help you.

Enjoy!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by KnightOddity
First, the numbers in the lower left hand corner are for FRAUD. As employees we are required to prove the form to be legit. Too many forms are fakes, and people actually think we do not check the authenticity of the form. We do, I can assure you this.

Second, if your family member was kind enough to book a room for you under the EXPLORER RATE you should honor that person by not smoking cigarettes or other illegal substances in the room. Not only can they LOSE THEIR JOB, but it's simply poor etiquette on your part.

Third, if the rate is not booked properly, We will change it and we have the right to do so. Ergo if you arrive and keep telling the Front Desk YOUR FRIEND booked this, more than likely you will receive the FRIENDS AND FAMILY rate not the EXPLORER RATE.

My advice, if you're scamming, don't show your cards! Also don't edit the forms. They all look alike, and we are trained to spot phony forms. If you plan on not heeding this advice and you do smoke in a room, there will be a charge. SHOCKER!
In addition we can and will change your rate to the current rack rate.

This is our employee benefit. We protect our benefits with 100% conviction. If you think you are going to slip one passed the goalie, think again. We all keep a BANNED LIST for those who think they can muscle their way through with fraudulent forms. Not to mention, this is also an offense that will get a person terminated regardless of the actions taken after the form was printed. Expired forms are not accepted either.

Lastly, if you are legit, we welcome you. If you are not CUSTOMER SERVICE can't help you.

Enjoy!
Did that feel good?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Question about Explore Associate rate

Would it be possible to book two rooms with two different authorization forms, but with the same associate titled on each?

It would be as such:
1. Room 1, Traveler 1 (Brother of Associate)
2. Room 2, Traveler 2 (Parent of Associate)

Anyone have any experience doing so? The associate would not be staying with us on this trip. Thank you in advance!
Old May 1, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Would it be possible to book two rooms with two different authorization forms, but with the same associate titled on each?

It would be as such:
1. Room 1, Traveler 1 (Brother of Associate)
2. Room 2, Traveler 2 (Parent of Associate)

Anyone have any experience doing so? The associate would not be staying with us on this trip. Thank you in advance!
Don't think it would be a problem, but ask the associate for sure.

Cheers.
Old May 1, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Any more recent data points on lounge access for a Gold staying on an Explorer rate? I don’t care about points but I would like the lounge access. Yes, I am legitimately a friend of an associate who offered it to me but she isn’t sure as it may even be a YMMV situation. Is calling the hotel in question to ask if I would get lounge access a big no no?
Old May 1, 2018, 4:11 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by Finkface
Any more recent data points on lounge access for a Gold staying on an Explorer rate? I don’t care about points but I would like the lounge access. Yes, I am legitimately a friend of an associate who offered it to me but she isn’t sure as it may even be a YMMV situation. Is calling the hotel in question to ask if I would get lounge access a big no no?
You should get it unless you run into a rogue property. My parents and I have been using the rate for years and have only run into a problem once. The last time I used it at the Renaissance Brussels, I even got 3 buffet breakfasts for my one room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.