Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Palacio De Santa Paula, Autograph Collection - Granada, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tomphot
In-room safe: The safe was different from any hotel safe I’ve ever encountered. The basic idea is that you set the code once and then turn a lever every time you want to lock the safe. Typing in the code UNLOCKS the safe. So if you are in the habit of typing in a code to lock the safe, and retyping it to unlock, what you will really be doing is leaving it unlocked every time.

Parking: They have valet parking. You have to follow the instructions on their website to get to the hotel - they are on a restricted road that's for taxis/buses only that direction...but according to them you're allowed to drive the half block to the hotel. Then they'll park it for you. It was 21.50 euros per night.

Breakfast: Continental which included juice, coffee, fruit, breads, yogurt, custard, and cheeses and cured meats. There were small (4-7 euros) upcharges if you wanted something cooked from the kitchen but we were fine with the continental choices. It was a buffet – you tell the waiter of your hot choices.
Print Wikipost

Palacio De Santa Paula, Autograph Collection - Granada, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If anyone has stayed here recently, can they report on the breakfast situation so that I can update the exec lounge sticky? Thanks!

Cheers.
After reading some of the comments above from 2014 & 2016, I was worried about the breakfast benefit. But as I described in my review above, they have gotten much more generous with the breakfast. ^
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Condition One
... After checking in, housekeeping brought Molton Brown toiletries to replace the standard ones, especially the stupid golfball soap.
I was on the lookout for golfball soap but none was to be found. The toiletries were nice - Gilchrest & Soames.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:39 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by ehallison
I was on the lookout for golfball soap but none was to be found. The toiletries were nice - Gilchrest & Soames.
Headed there this weekend for 2 nights - we have a car, is there parking nearby?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Tomphot

Headed there this weekend for 2 nights - we have a car, is there parking nearby?
They have valet parking. You have to follow the instructions on their website to get to the hotel - they are on a restricted road that's for taxis/buses only that direction...but according to them you're allowed to drive the half block to the hotel. Then they'll park it for you. It was about 20euros per night.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
ehallison, thanks for the review & update on breakfast. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Cancelled my stay here. Didn't want the risk of anything happening.

On the plus side, Booked for Marbella, so driving to Granada for a day won't be a hassle.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:50 am

Stayed at this property last week. No problems with security, we are very glad we stayed in Granada instead of making a day trip out of it. Really like the city and all it has to offer. We drove from Tarifa to Granada up the Costa Del Sol, Those beach areas are so congested, glad we didn't stay there, stopped and had lunch in Estepona on the way. You do need to read the instructions for the safe in the room carefully at's unlike any other I've dealt with.
The property itself is very nice, we were upgraded to a 2 level room in the older section, 2 TVs and plenty of room. To get to the room, we walked through 2 fantastic courtyards. I had issue with the king size bed however, it was too short, not really king sized. At 6'6", I realize this is something that most wouldn't deal with but anyone over 6'2" would find their feet hanging off the end. As a Plat, continental breakfast was included as well as the $10 F&B or points. The continental breakfast was very underwhelming - dried out meat, stale bread and warm milk for you cereal. Other then the bed and b'fast, great property.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:39 pm

I created a wiki which details the in-room safe, parking & breakfast.

Cheers.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:49 pm

... The continental breakfast was very underwhelming - dried out meat, stale bread and warm milk for you cereal. Other then the bed and b'fast, great property.
Oh I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your breakfast. We really did. But we didn't have meat, bread, or cereal. We had pastries, toast, fresh fruit, yogurt, and custard during our 2 breakfasts. Everything was really fresh and tasty.

Room temp milk with cereal must be a Spanish thing. My husband experienced it at the Doubletree in Madrid and it was disconcerting. We guessed that it came from a box of UHT milk.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by ehallison
Oh I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your breakfast. We really did. But we didn't have meat, bread, or cereal. We had pastries, toast, fresh fruit, yogurt, and custard during our 2 breakfasts. Everything was really fresh and tasty.

Room temp milk with cereal must be a Spanish thing. My husband experienced it at the Doubletree in Madrid and it was disconcerting. We guessed that it came from a box of UHT milk.
I had a couple pastries trying to find one that was decent on the first morning, it was Palm Sunday so maybe it was all from the day before. When in Europe, I love having Salmon in the morning with cream cheese etc. They had a Salmon sandwich with "Tarter Sauce" - it ended up being a thin strip of Salmon on a stale roll with nothing else. None of the breakfast issues we had would deter us from staying at this property again however.
In Madrid, we had a 5 night stay at the Westin Palace - That was one of the best spreads we have had!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Stayed at this property last week. No problems with security, we are very glad we stayed in Granada instead of making a day trip out of it. Really like the city and all it has to offer. We drove from Tarifa to Granada up the Costa Del Sol, Those beach areas are so congested, glad we didn't stay there, stopped and had lunch in Estepona on the way. You do need to read the instructions for the safe in the room carefully at's unlike any other I've dealt with.
The property itself is very nice, we were upgraded to a 2 level room in the older section, 2 TVs and plenty of room. To get to the room, we walked through 2 fantastic courtyards. I had issue with the king size bed however, it was too short, not really king sized. At 6'6", I realize this is something that most wouldn't deal with but anyone over 6'2" would find their feet hanging off the end. As a Plat, continental breakfast was included as well as the $10 F&B or points. The continental breakfast was very underwhelming - dried out meat, stale bread and warm milk for you cereal. Other then the bed and b'fast, great property.
Do you get both breakfast and $10 FB credit? Can you use the $10 to upgrade from continental to full breakfast?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by SP03
Do you get both breakfast and $10 FB credit? Can you use the $10 to upgrade from continental to full breakfast?
You get both. I didn't try to use it to upgrade breakfast though.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:00 am

You get breakfast because there's no lounge. The $10FB is part of platinum arrival gift option.

Cheers.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
You get breakfast because there's no lounge. The $10FB is part of platinum arrival gift option.

Cheers.
Yep. To clarify a bit more... In addition to breakfast (for member +1), Platinum Elite (and higher) members can choose an Elite Welcome Gift option: 1,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points or a one-time (not daily) $10 USD F&B credit.

That's the published benefit for Autograph Collection, JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels, Delta Hotels, and Renaissance Hotels in the United States, Canada, and Europe, if the property is not a resort and it's not specifically excluded in the T&Cs.

I have a reservation at the Hotel Palacio De Santa Paula, Autograph Collection, for later this year. I'll report back with my breakfast experience.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Thanks for the clarification. I had to look at the Welcome Gift and Lounge Access table to understand this. I'll be there next month and will report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.