Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 2:39 am
kkl

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes they are painting. In early March I was put in an StR suite that was freshly painted and smelled strongly of that.

Properties absolutely track overall spend and will categorize return guests on that basis.

Although there some problems when the SPG properties had their data dumped by Marriott late last year.
According to FOH they lost all customer data during the December integration of STR brand. They could not find my past stay history (6 stay over 18 months). Started from scratch again since then with 3 stays Dec18 integration.

Most recent stay had 2 rooms booked for 5 nights, both upgraded to grand deluxe rooms with the connecting foyer door. i think the 07 grand deluxe rooms are the best with the rectangular setup. about 10sqm larger than 'standard' grand deluxe rooms.

Still have not managed to receive a CA suite in all my stays. Best I have received is the STR suite on a 3 night stay
Old May 13, 2019, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Properties absolutely track overall spend and will categorize return guests on that basis.

Although there some problems when the SPG properties had their data dumped by Marriott late last year.
Originally Posted by kkl
According to FOH they lost all customer data during the December integration of STR brand. They could not find my past stay history (6 stay over 18 months). Started from scratch again since then with 3 stays Dec18 integration.
This is why I always recommend that you make it a point to find and meet the GM, F&B Manager, Rooms Manager at a hotel where you're going to be staying regularly.
Old May 30, 2019, 6:33 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
In early May I booked Deluxe and was upgraded to the Grand Met Suite, this time late May I booked Grand Deluxe and was upgraded to Met Suite. The Grand Met was not available online at time of check-in.

I had another good stay including an army of butlers coming to my room with a cake and flowers for my upcoming birthday (which was the day of check-out). ^
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:49 pm

It looks like the hotel is now stocking Elemis toiletries instead of the standard Reméde toiletries. Any comparisons or reviews? I am a fan of the Reméde toiletries and was looking forward to them!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by blackzarg
It looks like the hotel is now stocking Elemis toiletries instead of the standard Reméde toiletries. Any comparisons or reviews? I am a fan of the Reméde toiletries and was looking forward to them!
Elemis is a good brand. The owner, Minor Hospitality, seems to have a good relationship with Elemis as they are widely used in spas throughout their Anantara brand. That is also why the spa at StR uses Elemis products.

As far as hotel amenities go, Elemis is a brand that I will actually use, so it’s pretty good. At many hotels I use only my own products and ignore the hotel toiletries, especially if they are of the inferior Chinese made varieties.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:06 pm

Got it - thanks so much. Looking forward to using them then - you sound like you know your stuff!

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Elemis is a good brand. The owner, Minor Hospitality, seems to have a good relationship with Elemis as they are widely used in spas throughout their Anantara brand. That is also why the spa at StR uses Elemis products.

As far as hotel amenities go, Elemis is a brand that I will actually use, so it’s pretty good. At many hotels I use only my own products and ignore the hotel toiletries, especially if they are of the inferior Chinese made varieties.
MikeFromTokyo and bhrubin like this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:31 am

What categories do SNA clear into?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:53 am
kkl

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Metro suite
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Sorry for my ignorance as I have not qualified for SNAs under Marriott but under SPG you could select which suite type you could apply them against. The standard upgrade is to a Metropolitan suite and they tend to be good at providing those upgrades without SNA.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: SPG
Is there an issue with reservations at this hotel under the new system? I used to always get a personalized email with two days after bookings in the past. I made my most recent reservation on May 31 for a one night pre-paid rate. My credit card provided has not been charged and I reached out to the St. Regis reservations email address from whom I received the confirmation email twice now and have not received a response. I called their phone number listed and my reservation shows up so there is no issues there. I've never had a pre-paid reservation take this long to post but since it is confirmed maybe I'll just let it slide as dealing with any irregularities in the Bonvoy system seems to be a headache.

As an aside, I've used SNA once here and received a Metropolitan Suite. My most recent stay at the end of April I didn't use SNA and was upgrade to a St. Regis Suite overlooking the golf course/racetrack - I requested 8 am check in and the room was ready by 8:30 am - they offered me to enjoy breakfast while I waited as well. They seem to really take good care of their returning guests here.
xar likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:00 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
I booked a room here using my free night cert for a stay in July.
1. At the reservations screen, it seems that the cost of my stay was computed as "35,000 points" despite already selecting the eCertificate. Is this expected?
2. Also here are the eligible rooms for their SNA Pool... quite surprised to see "Deluxe" rooms as part of the selection. Rates for Deluxe Rooms are +15USD from the basic room! Now i am thinking if it is worth it to burn a SNA here or look for other Cat 5 hotels? (SGS?)

Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by xar
here are the eligible rooms for their SNA Pool... quite surprised to see "Deluxe" rooms as part of the selection. Rates for Deluxe Rooms are +15USD from the basic room! Now i am thinking if it is worth it to burn a SNA here or look for other Cat 5 hotels? (SGS?)
Do you mean Grand Deluxe, as shown in the pic? That's Sports Club view. I'd take it over a Metropolitan Suite. But overall, this property is not a good use of SNA.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:52 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Do you mean Grand Deluxe, as shown in the pic? That's Sports Club view. I'd take it over a Metropolitan Suite. But overall, this property is not a good use of SNA.
Hi Kacee, yeah i meant to say "Grand Deluxe" but the point I was trying to make was that i would just pay +15 USD to get this room instead of using my SNA.
I personally value SNAs at around +120 USD so I do agree with you that this StR may not be a good place to use it.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by xar
Hi Kacee, yeah i meant to say "Grand Deluxe" but the point I was trying to make was that i would just pay +15 USD to get this room instead of using my SNA.
I personally value SNAs at around +120 USD so I do agree with you that this StR may not be a good place to use it.
Personally, I'd use a SNA at St Regis over SGS (not for a Grand Deluxe, but anything above that, yes). SGS IMHO attracts a different crowd to the StR, and having stayed at both, I much prefer StR. Of course, it depends on what you are looking for and what you value! For me, it's the ambience, location, spa, room service, and hardware.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EGW1
SGS IMHO attracts a different crowd to the StR, and having stayed at both, I much prefer StR.
Yes, StR undoubtedly attracts a more showy "look at how wealthy I am" crowd. At the same time, it does not get the tour groups, which is a plus. Though that business seems to have dropped at SGS, likely due to China's economic issues.
Originally Posted by EGW1
For me, it's the ambience, location, spa, room service, and hardware
Room service and spa at SGS are much better. StR wins on hard product, no one will dispute that. Location is a wash, as each has its advantages (and both are very good).

As far as use of SNA, I would recommend using one at SGS to move from base room to Grand or Luxury Suite. At StR, I'd book Grand Deluxe and be happy with that, or book StR Suite and hope for upgrade to CA Suite.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.