Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:41 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by kkl
I also just checked out, no upgrade on 5 night stay.

Apparently stay history has been wiped with the integration as they couldn't see I was a returning guest

Interesting to note the SNA as I have a future upcoming trip which I ticked St Regis suite and above

Will see what that clears into if anything.
Keep in mind that per my experience there’s a risk your SNA may clear into one of the top suites only for you to be reassigned to a basic suite before check-in. Up to you if you want to take that risk. At the very least I’d recommend making a printout/screenshot of the room types you’ve requested, and take a screenshot if the SNA does initially clear into a high category, to give you some documentation to follow up if you get screwed as I did. (Marriott customer service will probably still be no help at all, but at least having documentation is still theoretically better than having none.)
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by estnet
Apparently the combo wiped all data from Starwood hotels.
Originally Posted by Aventine
This was true for me too at St. Regis Osaka. Pretty much a blank slate for preferences.
I was quite noticeably not greeted as return guest at SGS for late December stay, either.

Marriott should do a program on how to destroy customer goodwill.
estnet, Thunderroad and kkl like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:58 am
kkl

Originally Posted by bgriff

Keep in mind that per my experience there’s a risk your SNA may clear into one of the top suites only for you to be reassigned to a basic suite before check-in. Up to you if you want to take that risk. At the very least I’d recommend making a printout/screenshot of the room types you’ve requested, and take a screenshot if the SNA does initially clear into a high category, to give you some documentation to follow up if you get screwed as I did. (Marriott customer service will probably still be no help at all, but at least having documentation is still theoretically better than having none.)
Thanks for tip

Guess I have to keep a close eye on SNA
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bgriff

I had an SNA confirmed for only the higher rooms with more than 1 bed since I have 4 people in my party total. I left a voicemail with my ambassador to confirm this and then I saw emails saying my SNA's were removed, and then that my SNA's were added again to the same reservation. When I look at the request now there are only options for upgrades to Grand Deluxe rooms or the Metropolitan Suite 1 bedroom. I'm guessing St Regis is trying to kill upgrades to those higher suites. I'm wondering if I'd have a better chance possibly getting a Legacy or Astor suite if I leave the SNA on and try to get them to change it at check-in or to remove it and not waste them on a Grand Deluxe room.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:54 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by adunker
I had an SNA confirmed for only the higher rooms with more than 1 bed since I have 4 people in my party total. I left a voicemail with my ambassador to confirm this and then I saw emails saying my SNA's were removed, and then that my SNA's were added again to the same reservation. When I look at the request now there are only options for upgrades to Grand Deluxe rooms or the Metropolitan Suite 1 bedroom. I'm guessing St Regis is trying to kill upgrades to those higher suites. I'm wondering if I'd have a better chance possibly getting a Legacy or Astor suite if I leave the SNA on and try to get them to change it at check-in or to remove it and not waste them on a Grand Deluxe room.
Honestly I don't have a problem with this development personally, since it seems pretty clear it was a glitch that the larger suites were ever offered for SNAs at all -- if they've now fixed it so that only the correct eligible room types show up when you request SNAs, that's the best long-term outcome for everyone's expectation-setting anyway.

I definitely wouldn't waste SNAs on a Grand Deluxe room personally, but I assume you can still submit a request with only the Metro suite selected for SNAs and unchecking Grand Deluxe. Whether SNA is worthwhile for Metro is a different question and up to you; I believe Metros are all 1 king bed and really not well-suited to house 4 people. (In ours, there wasn't even an actual couch in the living room, just two plush chairs right next to each other where you would expect a sofa would be -- but definitely not something that someone could sleep on.)
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:09 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
The Metropolitan Suite does has a love sofa but as have been said not enough space for 4 people:

Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:02 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Has anyone reached out to the hotel for upgrade pricing lately? I'm considering a few different ways to book this, and trying to figure out if paying BAR for Virtuoso would be worth it.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:21 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Just checked myself in here on a on-the-spot booking, after cutting a disastrous stay short at the nearby Grand Hyatt. Wow… I'm already feeling a lot better! Will share thoughts later, but having just checked in I'm already a happy camper.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by helvetic
Just checked myself in here on a on-the-spot booking, after cutting a disastrous stay short at the nearby Grand Hyatt. Wow… I'm already feeling a lot better! Will share thoughts later, but having just checked in I'm already a happy camper.
Fingers crossed it hasn't been Bonvoyed yet.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:26 am
kkl

Originally Posted by Aventine
Fingers crossed it hasn't been Bonvoyed yet.
hopefully not. Checking in late this week for 5 nights. Be my 3rd stay in as many months. Sadly past stay history has been wiped since December’s sweeep for STR hotels
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
So, registering as one guest = one platinum drink, two guests = two platinum drinks. Should've found some company…
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by helvetic
So, registering as one guest = one platinum drink, two guests = two platinum drinks. Should've found some company…
That's handy for sidepieces and mistresses of the night.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:08 am

The regular happy hour deal is good enough that I don't mind not getting free drinks… 345thb for 2 high-quality craft G&Ts… yes please.

Unlike the GH next door which offers them as an additional amenity, this place is classy enough that the sidepieces and mistresses of the night would feel pretty out of place here.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This property will only confirm SNAs into a Metropolitan Suite, regardless of the options offered by the website, and regardless of your preferences. Confirmed by the Guest Experience Manager.

Unless you're happy with the Metropolitan Suite (no view), I suspect you're better off foregoing the SNA and just hoping for an upgrade at check-in.
sscywong likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
This property will only confirm SNAs into a Metropolitan Suite, regardless of the options offered by the website, and regardless of your preferences. Confirmed by the Guest Experience Manager.

Unless you're happy with the Metropolitan Suite (no view), I suspect you're better off foregoing the SNA and just hoping for an upgrade at check-in.
I want that Caroline Astor suite you had before. I would definitely save the SNA here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.