Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:04 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I think we've had the same room. There's only a handful of rooms on this floor.
Right, when I looked at the floor plan on the room door, we had one of the smallest rooms on the floor so it must be suites only on that floor

Originally Posted by paolo64
You’re very kind, characterising more than 20% below the official rate as “a little cheap”; I’d call it highway robbery...
Sounds like they have improved since then because the haircut was 13% on my stay. So now it's only back alley robbery
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by escape4
Sounds like they have improved since then because the haircut was 13% on my stay. So now it's only back alley robbery

I believe 13% is the magic number, the 20% calculated by paolo64 is based on current USD/THB rate whereas during my stay two weeks ago is about 30.46.

by the way in your review: 2 free pieces of laundry per person per day so we could have 8 pieces of laundry for our short stay:

Actually 4 free pieces of laundry per person per day, so 16 pieces total for your two night stay.

SGS gives Elites 2 free pieces of laundry per person per day, still very generous, St. Regis doubles that.
Kacee and escape4 like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:29 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by tomwhom
Actually 4 free pieces of laundry per person per day, so 16 pieces total for your two night stay.
SGS gives Elites 2 free pieces of laundry per person per day, still very generous, St. Regis doubles that.
Oops thanks for the correction!
Old Apr 30, 2021, 3:26 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Would anyone happen to know if the St. Regis Bangkok Bloody Mary is still available despite the government restricting alcohol?
Old Apr 30, 2021, 5:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Finnair Platinum
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Would anyone happen to know if the St. Regis Bangkok Bloody Mary is still available despite the government restricting alcohol?
Yes sir if you are platinum and above they will give you an option to serve bloody mary or any other alcohol drinks to your room 1 drink/person/day I believe between 5-8PM but they are extremely flexible.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 7:14 am

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kraafish
Yes sir if you are platinum and above they will give you an option to serve bloody mary or any other alcohol drinks to your room 1 drink/person/day I believe between 5-8PM but they are extremely flexible.
Oh wow. Is it complimentary? I noticed they (reasonably) put chili in the Bangkok Bloody Mary so I am pretty excited to try it lol.

I will be staying there on Titanium status. Any recommendations regarding breakfast/anything else? We also have some extra baht on the voucher for our first reservation so advice on how to spend it would be greatly appreciated as well!
Old Apr 30, 2021, 9:29 am

Oh wow. Is it complimentary? I noticed they (reasonably) put chili in the Bangkok Bloody Mary so I am pretty excited to try it lol.

I will be staying there on Titanium status. Any recommendations regarding breakfast/anything else? We also have some extra baht on the voucher for our first reservation so advice on how to spend it would be greatly appreciated as well!
Yes complimentary , and yes it is pretty darn spicy/peppery but I like it.

Breakfast here is ok, I might be a wrong person to ask because I don't usually eat breakfast. Please kindly be aware that Bangkok government order to shut down all sit down restaurants only take away is available. I assume breakfast will be only In Room Dining, same as lunch and dinner. I have Caroline Astor package next week that is inclusive of IGNIV lunch, they also mention that lunch will be serve in the room as well. I think the voucher can only be apply for In Room Dining/VIU because their other restaurant (ZUMA & IGNIC) and spa are outsources.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Breakfast here is ok
Pre-covid, that about sums it up. Good quality, but selection lagged behind the better Bangkok hotel breakfasts.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:09 am

Yes complimentary , and yes it is pretty darn spicy/peppery but I like it.

Breakfast here is ok, I might be a wrong person to ask because I don't usually eat breakfast. Please kindly be aware that Bangkok government order to shut down all sit down restaurants only take away is available. I assume breakfast will be only In Room Dining, same as lunch and dinner. I have Caroline Astor package next week that is inclusive of IGNIV lunch, they also mention that lunch will be serve in the room as well. I think the voucher can only be apply for In Room Dining/VIU because their other restaurant (ZUMA & IGNIC) and spa are outsources.
Thank you for the info! What are your thoughts on the Caroline Astor suite? Someone mentioned it in another thread as well. It is supposed to be better than the St. Regis suite despite being cheaper. Is is better than the Grand Metropolitan Suite?

Originally Posted by Kacee
Pre-covid, that about sums it up. Good quality, but selection lagged behind the better Bangkok hotel breakfasts.
Thank you! Just curious, in your opinion, what is the best hotel breakfast in Bangkok for Marriott and non-Marriott? I saw many people write great things about the SGS breakfast but I am just not a fan of the rooms.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Thank you for the info! What are your thoughts on the Caroline Astor suite? Someone mentioned it in another thread as well. It is supposed to be better than the St. Regis suite despite being cheaper. Is is better than the Grand Metropolitan Suite?
The Grand Metropolitan Suites don't have the sports club view, and is therefore IMO less desirable. The StR Suite will be quieter because it's farther from Ratchadamri, but the room itself is not nearly so nice as CA suite.
in your opinion, what is the best hotel breakfast in Bangkok for Marriott and non-Marriott? I saw many people write great things about the SGS breakfast but I am just not a fan of the rooms.
Well escape4 is the real expert here, but I agree with him W/A is the best hotel breakfast I've had in Bangkok. I am also a big fan of SGS breakfast, either Rossini's or the buffet in Orchid Cafe. (I typically book a suite there and get upgraded to one of the specialty suites.)
Boraxo and WasKnown like this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 12:08 pm

Thank you! Just curious, in your opinion, what is the best hotel breakfast in Bangkok for Marriott and non-Marriott? I saw many people write great things about the SGS breakfast but I am just not a fan of the rooms.
IMO pre-covid SGS at Rossini but now I have to say JW, on the weekend would be Renaissance. The rest I find they change menus a lot to cater toward Thai residents. But like I mention earlier, from tomorrow onward most likely hotels will serve breakfast in room instead of restaurants.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
The Grand Metropolitan Suites don't have the sports club view, and is therefore IMO less desirable. The StR Suite will be quieter because it's farther from Ratchadamri, but the room itself is not nearly so nice as CA suite.

Well escape4 is the real expert here, but I agree with him W/A is the best hotel breakfast I've had in Bangkok. I am also a big fan of SGS breakfast, either Rossini's or the buffet in Orchid Cafe. (I typically book a suite there and get upgraded to one of the specialty suites.)
Thanks! What is the nicest 1 bedroom suite at the hotel?

IMO pre-covid SGS at Rossini but now I have to say JW, on the weekend would be Renaissance. The rest I find they change menus a lot to cater toward Thai residents. But like I mention earlier, from tomorrow onward most likely hotels will serve breakfast in room instead of restaurants.
Is there a lockdown? I cannot find news about it online.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 7:39 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Started today, May 1, added restrictions on restaurants (after basically closing all the massage places, bars, nightclubs, parks, cinemas,) so take out only, for at least two weeks. And THB20,000 fine for not wearing a mask in public, even the Big Boss got fined recently. The cases peaked at about 2500 per day, but have been trending downthe last few days. Check out the Bangkok Post or Nation tv station.
Boraxo and WasKnown like this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Thanks! What is the nicest 1 bedroom suite at the hotel?

Follow Richard Barrow on twitter - he is the best English language source for what is going on that I have seen - and unbiased as well and up to date. Including changing restrictions, etc.
Kacee and WasKnown like this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 9:59 pm

Yes, but they're not calling it a lockdown, because lockdowns cause too much economic harm.
estnet likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.