Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Baltimore inner harbor area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Baltimore inner harbor area

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:47 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Thoughts between the Sheraton Baltimore Inner Harbor vs the Marriott Inner Harbor by Camden Yards? They are just a block or two apart. Which is nicer or more recommended? Thanks for any feedback!
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Thoughts between the Sheraton Baltimore Inner Harbor vs the Marriott Inner Harbor by Camden Yards? They are just a block or two apart. Which is nicer or more recommended? Thanks for any feedback!
Stayed in both. Neither are anything to write home about. I would give the edge to the Marriott. We actually watched New Years Eve fireworks from their executive lounge and the lounge has very nice views.

Staff seemed a little more on the ball at the Marriott.

I actually like the Renaissance the best of all the Bonvoy properties in the Inner Harbor area.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:11 am

Do not stay at the renaissance baltimore right now. The club lounge on 12 is closed, but they have hours between 6-12 and 5-10 on the first floor. More often than not, there is no employee checking anyone in to the modified club and unlocking the fridge for waters/soda, so there is no way to use the modified club lounge. The website made no mention of this change including that the lobby restaurant was closed indefinitely. All dining and drinks go through Water Table on the 5th floor. Additionally, there is no room service after midnight.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by b1513

Our recent stay at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront was a great stay. We stay here a lot and the new renovations to the rooms are exceptionally nice. I don’t know which floors have been renovated but we were on the 28th floor.

‘’Bobette
I would second this. The room reno was good to this property. The rooms "feel" probably more spacious than they should. Lovely property that is pretty walkable to all the touristy stuff. The Texans were staying there for an away game when we stayed. Pretty cool.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
https://www.wbaltv.com/article/balti...sold/39411186#

Marriott Waterfront has been sold.
Interesting to see how this impacts the property going forward.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Important to note that the property is still Managed by Marriott!
Old Aug 13, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: Marriott, United, Jetblue
Staying at the Marriott Waterfront, looking for the best lake trout within a quick Uber
Old Aug 13, 2022, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Ken C
Staying at the Marriott Waterfront, looking for the best lake trout within a quick Uber
There's not a lot of lake trout in the Chesapeake. Much saltwater seafood. Google or the concierge could help.

David
Old Aug 13, 2022, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
There's not a lot of lake trout in the Chesapeake. Much saltwater seafood. Google or the concierge could help.

David
Prolly need to be Baltimore based to be in the know
Old Aug 13, 2022, 5:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Apparently so.

Old Aug 13, 2022, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by dgreen12
Apparently so.

Again, I'll repeat. There's not a lot of lake trout in the Chesapeake. Out in the Atlantic as specifically noted by the article from the Baltimore Sun.

David
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:32 pm

Datapoint - stayed 10 nights at Marriott Waterfront over the past couple months. Service has always been kind and helpful, full housekeeping, and great location walking distance from restaurants. Lounge is still closed, $25 fb credit offered. Food is good for something quick, grab and go is open early and convenient for biz hours. Gym equip a little dated but good size. Have consistently upgraded to suites pre-checkin.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
DW is a new Marriott Gold Elite. Are the odds good that we could be upgraded to a harbor view, high floor, room? This will be a mid-week stay next Apr/May.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
DW is a new Marriott Gold Elite. Are the odds good that we could be upgraded to a harbor view, high floor, room? This will be a mid-week stay next Apr/May.
Depends on how busy they are. I stay there 2-3x a year. I'm always updated to a high corner room, but I'm Titanium.

Last time I was there(July) the lounge was still closed and they still awkwardly close off the restaurant mid-day. Rooms are consistent and the view/location simply cannot be beat, except for the Four Seasons.

I'm glad to see the hotel sold. Hopefully, the new owners will make better use of space. The Four Seasons across the street essentially steals money from them day in, day out. The four restaurants on site from the Atlas Group are some of the best in town. I will spend $$$ at Maximom at the Four Seasons over Apropoe (Marriott restaurant) 100 times out of 100. It's kind of depressing how poorly they utilize the ground floor. They have a ton of waterfront outdoor space that could be used, but is just sitting there, mostly colleting vagrants. Any outdoor restaurant(s) there would do kill it, especially on concert nights at Pier 6 across the water.

Any which way, it's still the best property in town and can often be had for marginal points due to the large number of rooms they need to occupy.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Thanks for your poignant comments, mcsb11. We'll be checking out the restaurants at the FS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.