Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Baltimore inner harbor area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Baltimore inner harbor area

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Definitely sounds (and looks) like it's due for a renovation. Would you stay there again if it was renovated?

Cheers.
Yes, if renovated I'd give it another try. I really was impressed by the friendliness/helpfulness of the staff.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
Stayed at the Renaissance last week.......

Overall, the staff were all fantastic. However, we were on a very expensive rate ($380!—some hotels in town were sold our the night of our stay, so something must have been going on in town to drive up rates). Hard product just does not live up to that room rate, so no plans to return (even at a cheaper rate, hard products don't live up to what we were expecting).

Yep, we run into the bold often when travelling to Baltimore. Only once was I able to get a room on points and that was at the Renaissance, all other stays there were cash and approached $400 per night. The Marriott was sold out every time I checked (for our dates) over the past three years.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by LPCJr
Just spent Saturday night here. It is unfortunately the only Cat 5 property left downtown. The good news is i was able to use my fall Megabonus Cert.

Hotel is on the eastern end of the harbor area. We wanted to do Port Discovery and Aquarium, location was good for both. Little Italy is an easy walk from here too.

Probably the nicest FFI I have stayed in. Lobby was actually very nicely appointed, and there is a bar off the lobby. Breakfast was the typical FFI spread but seating area is nice and there is a courtyard area with tables where you can eat outside.

Room was small, clean, comfortable. Typical FFI utilitarian feel.

Staff was friendly. Opted to park myself in the Harbor Park garage, 1 block away. $20 per night vs $35 at hotel.

Overall, good value on points or cert versus other options. Room rates this weekend were around $300 and at that price point I would want to be in the Marriott Waterfront or the Ren.
Unfortunately this was an old review, as the following year we had a not so nice experience there. Not horrible, but I do expect housekeeping when I'm there 2 nights.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:22 pm

Any updates? Usually prefer a Renaissance but seems like Marriott waterfront is nicer? Silver status.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by joetro
Any updates? Usually prefer a Renaissance but seems like Marriott waterfront is nicer? Silver status.
Just stayed there last week and like this hotel very much. While the Renaissance is also nice the Waterfront, to me, is a better choice. The club lounge is terrific, one of the best IMHO. It’s very large with attentive lounge staff. Check in is speedy, as is the valet, even if it’s busy. We stay there about 5-6 times a year

Bobette
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by joetro
Another option especially if you're just Silver is the Fairfield Inn. It's brand new and surprisingly nice. I reviewed my stay of last March here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-maryland.html
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I don't know if this thread includes the former SPG properties going forward but my question sure does

Just found out I have to go to Woodlawn [~6 miles west near Ellicott City from downtown] next week, no properties out that way so I thought I'd stay in the city. I can get a decent rate a most properties.

I'm looking for the following:

I would like a property with a lounge
Need to park an SUV so a place with outdoor parking is preferred - parking cost is not an issue
all things being equal [and I know that they usually aren't] I'd look for the one that might be the easiest to get out of the city [eastbound] in the morning

So of all the old Marriott and new SPG properties on the list, which might be the nicest for a four night stay?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Hey! You're from my old neck of the woods (I'm originally from Loudoun County, moved back after law school and lived there until relocating to NW Ohio last year) but I digress.

Stayed at every full-service property but the Marriott Camden Yards and Delta (neither of which are waterfront). None have outdoor parking, but all should handle an SUV.

My favorite is the Marriott Waterfront. Newest hotel of the bunch and it shows. Great restaurant, easy walk to Harbor East and Little Italy restaurants. Concierge lounge on 31st floor has great views, and really good food offerings when I was there. Breakfast was ok with a couple hot dishes, appetizers weren't worth it. Sodas/Water available 24 hours. Hotel is good about upgrading.

Renaissance was just ok. Hotel is on top of a mall/office building directly across from Harborplace Complex. Rooms and facilities were very tired when I was there (granted over a year ago). Not sure about lounge as it was before merger and I had no Marriott status then.

Sheraton Baltimore Waterfront isn't actually Waterfront, the Hyatt is between the Sheraton and the water and only top couple floors on one side of the Sheraton have a view. Hotel is beyond tired. Staff is great and keeps it clean but it's not a place to spend 4 days in (to me). On a side street, furthest hotel from restaurants. Only advantage is its close to Camden Yards. Lounge was sad last time I was there (couple months). Continental breakfast, appetizers in the evening were questionable at best. Hotel is very good about upgrading, but not many suites so best shot is probably a club room, harbor view.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I don't know if this thread includes the former SPG properties going forward but my question sure does

Just found out I have to go to Woodlawn [~6 miles west near Ellicott City from downtown] next week, no properties out that way so I thought I'd stay in the city. I can get a decent rate a most properties.

I'm looking for the following:

I would like a property with a lounge
Need to park an SUV so a place with outdoor parking is preferred - parking cost is not an issue
all things being equal [and I know that they usually aren't] I'd look for the one that might be the easiest to get out of the city [eastbound] in the morning

So of all the old Marriott and new SPG properties on the list, which might be the nicest for a four night stay?
The Renaissance has a large open air parking lot in front of the property to the east. All others either have valet and/or parking structures that a large SUV will have trouble in.

There's also street parking but that can get to be a pain in Baltimore.

David
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Hey! You're from my old neck of the woods (I'm originally from Loudoun County, moved back after law school and lived there until relocating to NW Ohio last year) but I digress.

Stayed at every full-service property but the Marriott Camden Yards and Delta (neither of which are waterfront). None have outdoor parking, but all should handle an SUV.

My favorite is the Marriott Waterfront. Newest hotel of the bunch and it shows. Great restaurant, easy walk to Harbor East and Little Italy restaurants. Concierge lounge on 31st floor has great views, and really good food offerings when I was there. Breakfast was ok with a couple hot dishes, appetizers weren't worth it. Sodas/Water available 24 hours. Hotel is good about upgrading.

Renaissance was just ok. Hotel is on top of a mall/office building directly across from Harborplace Complex. Rooms and facilities were very tired when I was there (granted over a year ago). Not sure about lounge as it was before merger and I had no Marriott status then.

Sheraton Baltimore Waterfront isn't actually Waterfront, the Hyatt is between the Sheraton and the water and only top couple floors on one side of the Sheraton have a view. Hotel is beyond tired. Staff is great and keeps it clean but it's not a place to spend 4 days in (to me). On a side street, furthest hotel from restaurants. Only advantage is its close to Camden Yards. Lounge was sad last time I was there (couple months). Continental breakfast, appetizers in the evening were questionable at best. Hotel is very good about upgrading, but not many suites so best shot is probably a club room, harbor view.

Hope this helps.
This did, I booked the Renaissance today but I think I'll change it to the waterfront. thanks

Originally Posted by DELee
The Renaissance has a large open air parking lot in front of the property to the east. All others either have valet and/or parking structures that a large SUV will have trouble in.

There's also street parking but that can get to be a pain in Baltimore.

David
thanks, I think I will call the property and ask about outdoor lots. The downside about a larger SUV is trying to park in these city hotel garages. What a royal PITA - ha
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Any recent experience at Baltimore full-service properties? Looking at the Marriott, Delta, Sheraton and Renaissance properties.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Any recent experience at Baltimore full-service properties? Looking at the Marriott, Delta, Sheraton and Renaissance properties.
Haven't stayed at the Sheraton Inner Harbor but have been to the two Marriott's, the Renaissance and the Delta.

Part of this response is driven by not knowing what specific items you've interested in but I'll post my comments and see where this leads us...Also, have pics that I can post when I get back to my computer.

Concierge Lounge: My favorite is the Marriott Waterfront - best views and largest. You've already tried what the Delta offers as a pantry and was none too pleased.

Location: Personally I prefer the Renaissance Harborfront but there's places to walk to at any of the properties. Probably more hipster places near the Marriott Waterfront.

Suites and Upgrades: Only have been upgraded at the Renaissance as a historical Marriott Platinum Premier so not sure how the properties respond to an Ambassador.

David
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by DELee
Haven't stayed at the Sheraton Inner Harbor but have been to the two Marriott's, the Renaissance and the Delta.

Part of this response is driven by not knowing what specific items you've interested in but I'll post my comments and see where this leads us...Also, have pics that I can post when I get back to my computer.

Concierge Lounge: My favorite is the Marriott Waterfront - best views and largest. You've already tried what the Delta offers as a pantry and was none too pleased.

Location: Personally I prefer the Renaissance Harborfront but there's places to walk to at any of the properties. Probably more hipster places near the Marriott Waterfront.

Suites and Upgrades: Only have been upgraded at the Renaissance as a historical Marriott Platinum Premier so not sure how the properties respond to an Ambassador.

David
Thanks for the insight. It would appear that the Renaissance is being renovated. It doesn't seem to be in good condition right now. On TripAdvisor, there are reports of rats.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the insight. It would appear that the Renaissance is being renovated. It doesn't seem to be in good condition right now. On TripAdvisor, there are reports of rats.
Uh oh. Not good. Was last at the Renaissance back in early December and had no issues then.

David
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:22 pm

Our recent stay at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront was a great stay. We stay here a lot and the new renovations to the rooms are exceptionally nice. I don’t know which floors have been renovated but we were on the 28th floor.

‘’Bobette

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.