Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Baltimore inner harbor area

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Baltimore inner harbor area

Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:25 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Interesting, Maryland seems to be having a lot of problems lately. The attendant in the Lounge at the Bethesda Marriott North was talking this evening about how the hotel did not have power last Sunday or Monday and wasn't expected to have it back until Friday.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
This was big news here. I am surprised there were no previous threads. Made the news three days in a row. We are staying there next Friday for our anniversary. I hope its all dried out!
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:49 am

Do NOT stay at the Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown

Hello,
We just had a not so nice stay at the RI Baltimore, and I am telling people to avoid it. The Parking Valet was terrible. We gave him our key, and he didn't give us the slip, and when we asked for one, he was very confused. When he proceeded to park in the completely unsecured lot across the street (not even a gate, just spaces in the fence) I watched. This is downtown Baltimore, okay, I'm paying $30 dollars to have my car parked here? Really? So I was already a little angry, then he parked the car. I recently bought a new car that has blind-spot sensors in the mirrors, and they close when the car is locked to avoid damage. He got out of the car, and the mirrors didn't fold. He didn't lock our car. If I was not watching, I do not know what would have happened to it, unfortunately we left our GPS in the car, so we went down and made him lock it. That was just horrible, I think. Now, the room. I think we got a room by the elevator (1003) because we paid on points. There was a faint ding we could hear, but that was nothing. One of the beds had blood, and the other a mysterious substance. The whole room was VERY worn and dated. The room had hairs that were definitely not ours, wrong length/color. Please do NOT stay here unless they really up their game.
Thanks,
MHF
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:12 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
The Renaissance has nice rooms but the hotel has most incompetent billing department and late night front desk staff of just about any Marriott property that I have stayed in. I've stayed in this hotel every week since 1/3/2011. Twice I have been checked into the wrong room. The first time this happened I was awakened at 1:00 in the morning by security trying to verify my identity. I still have a no show charge on my CC due to the hotel's mistake. Last night I was given an already occupied room.

Rooms are comfortable and the gym is fairly nice.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
BUMP

Wow, there has been no thread/post started since 2005 about this property?

I stayed here midweek for couple of nights. Rates were much better than the Ren Harborplace and MR Waterfront. Parking $24/day.

Check-in was efficient. Elite gift offered and so was room upgrade. Room was on the top floor (10th) which is the CL floor. CL requires room key to access, and has view toward south. Service and foods/drinks are average. Staff friendly. Nothing unexpectedly great or bad.

Room is large with city view. Big work desk with the usual connectivity.

Parking garage is located just next to the hotel.

Lobby floor staff is friendly and engaging. Enjoyed the stay. Will come back again.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:17 am

Baltimore Marriott Waterfront

Recently stayed at this hotel and thought it was a really nice property. Was upgraded to a harbourfront room. It was a great view and the hotel was conveniently located. Staff was excellent.

Bobette
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
as a native Baltimorean, i feel sorry for you that you had to stay at our city =D

but jokes aside, yes that's a good place to hole up. I am personally a fan of smaller hotels around here though - like peabody court. it's now associated with wyndham so that's a plus.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: N/A (kid =! no travel :( )
I am staying here for a few days in May, rather looking forward to it as it is all covered by my travel award for a presentation I get to do. Anyone know of anything I can do to make the paid for nights more efficient for me (points wise or such?)
Old May 2, 2011, 7:23 am
Used to be 'where2next'

Programs: MR Platinum
Marriott Baltimore Waterfront nearby area

In the spring of 2009 I participated in a thread (searched but couldn't find it)comparing the benefits of the Renaissance Harborplace and Marriott Waterfront. It was time to use the Marriott Rewards cat 5 free night certificate. We chose the Waterfront and had a high floor, harbor view room and breakfast and were very well pleased. We are again staying there on July 1st on our way south for vacation. The area between the hotel and Fells Point was under construction at that time. Would appreciate any suggestions for nearby restaurants, especially any new within the recent past. We'd like to spend the latter part of the evening at "Howl at the Moon" and therefore would like to stay within walking distance. Locally owned places would be great but any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Old May 2, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by where2next
In the spring of 2009 I participated in a thread (searched but couldn't find it)comparing the benefits of the Renaissance Harborplace and Marriott Waterfront. It was time to use the Marriott Rewards cat 5 free night certificate. We chose the Waterfront and had a high floor, harbor view room and breakfast and were very well pleased. We are again staying there on July 1st on our way south for vacation. The area between the hotel and Fells Point was under construction at that time. Would appreciate any suggestions for nearby restaurants, especially any new within the recent past. We'd like to spend the latter part of the evening at "Howl at the Moon" and therefore would like to stay within walking distance. Locally owned places would be great but any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Its completely built now and known as Harbor East. Great location and lots of great places to eat and walk.

http://www.harboreastbaltimore.com/

We love Charleston Restaurant. Regularly rated best in Baltimore.
http://www.charlestonrestaurant.com/

Last edited by Mr. Vker; May 2, 2011 at 7:49 pm Reason: TYPOS
Old May 2, 2011, 7:47 pm
Used to be 'where2next'

Programs: MR Platinum
Thanks for the suggestions. Just what I was looking for.
Old May 3, 2011, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
I definitely recommend the Charleston restaurant. It's 2 blocks from the Marriott and the food and service are wonderful. You are also only a short walk from Little Italy, the dining options there should also be considered. Enjoy!!
Old May 3, 2011, 3:34 pm

I live almost next door to the property, and the waterfront promenade is pretty enjoyable: although there is still some construction going on in Harbor East, you can easily walk by the water to Fells Point or to Inner Harbor, many people run along the water too. There is a Water Taxi stop right next to the Marriott as well.
Old May 3, 2011, 4:20 pm

I should have suggested to make a reservation for Charleston! They are popular.
Old May 3, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by where2next
Here are a few pictures of the surrounding area.
http://stefanofoto.smugmug.com/Trave...40937653_Has2C

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.