Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Liberty Hotel Boston [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Liberty Hotel Boston [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:17 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by bj27
I'm here right now and just checked in.

The app shows the highest room category as the Corner Grand Deluxe being available for the length of my stay, though the front desk manager said it's only available starting tomorrow... Which is fine... and he offered me to move tomorrow, which I agreed to. So not sure what the room availability game is here (and I arrived plenty after check-in time, around 7pm so all rooms should be cleaned by now).

either way, not a huge deal, just sort of annoying to have to move for ~130 sqft

Was given 4 breakfast vouchers worth $50 each for CLINK -- seems decent!
There are very few suites at The Liberty--just 10 suites total out of 298 total rooms. That's pretty paltry, actually. So the corner grand deluxe rooms are considered significant upgrades here. And they can be as nice as most of the suites, believe it or not. The corner grand deluxe is almost identical to the bedroom/bath and a small sitting area of the Charles River Suite. I've stayed in both categories.

I honestly wouldn't bother to move for 130 square feet, but to each, their own.

Clink is awesome. One of my favorites restaurants in a city full of wonderful restaurants. And the drinks are second to none!
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bhrubin

Clink is awesome. One of my favorites restaurants in a city full of wonderful restaurants. And the drinks are second to none!
Are you sure you don’t mean Scampo, on the ground floor? Clink does a good breakfast and competent lunch & dinner, but I would be hard pressed to call it best in town...
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:41 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by RafKa
Are you sure you don’t mean Scampo, on the ground floor? Clink does a good breakfast and competent lunch & dinner, but I would be hard pressed to call it best in town...
I mean Clink. Love the menu. Love the food. Love the ambience. Love the drinks. Love the service (usually). Love the location. Love the energy.

I’ve never eaten at Scampo.

Please keep in mind that I’ve stayed many times at the Liberty, but I've not stayed once since my reviewed stay that was such a disaster 2 years ago. But I continue to dine at Clink for dinners almost every time I’m in town.

Last edited by bhrubin; Sep 21, 2018 at 11:38 am
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
There are very few suites at The Liberty--just 10 suites total out of 298 total rooms. That's pretty paltry, actually. So the corner grand deluxe rooms are considered significant upgrades here. And they can be as nice as most of the suites, believe it or not. The corner grand deluxe is almost identical to the bedroom/bath and a small sitting area of the Charles River Suite. I've stayed in both categories.

I honestly wouldn't bother to move for 130 square feet, but to each, their own.

Yup -- I've read in this thread suites are hard to come by, so wasn't surprised when there were none available.

Figured I wouldn't be back for a while, so I'm happy to move after the first night (of 4). I have friends coming to stay too, so figured the extra 130 square feet would be worth it. I travel light anyways, so not too much of a hassle to pack and move
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver

I mean Clink. Love the menu. Love the food. Love the ambience. Love the drinks. Love the service (usually). Love the location. Love the energy.

I’ve never eaten at Scampo.

Please keep in mind that I’ve stayed many times at the Liberty, but IV enit stayed once since my reviewed stay that was such a disaster 2 years ago. But I continue to dine at Clink for dinners almost every time I’m in town.
I'll have to give Clink another shot, I guess. They did massively improve their menu, food and service a few years back, but somehow if I want a more happening ambiance and great wine list, I usually dine at Scampo. Mind you, my last stay at the Liberty was almost 2 years ago, so my data points are a little old.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:39 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by RafKa
I'll have to give Clink another shot, I guess. They did massively improve their menu, food and service a few years back, but somehow if I want a more happening ambiance and great wine list, I usually dine at Scampo. Mind you, my last stay at the Liberty was almost 2 years ago, so my data points are a little old.
Or it could be that I just like Clink a lot more than you do! To each, their own.
RafKa likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I stay at the liberty once every few months and still love this hote. Breakfast in Clink is great (as is their voucher they give as noted). I too typically eat arbor Scappo once during my 3-4 night stay, and like the outdoor patio area available at Alibi during the summer. The only thing this property is missing is a lounge (not that PPE’s get access at LC anymore anyways). Great property and always my go to when in Boston.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:49 am

So, I have an upcoming reservation at this place, and the total cost for my reserved room seems to have gone up by ~$60 when I review the details under marriott.com
I have the original reservation confirmation email showing the lower price (the increase in price is due to a combination of a higher "destination amenity fee" and higher taxes; the room rate has stayed the same). I tried contacting the hotel, but they transfer me to marriott reservations, who say that only the hotel can answer these questions, so no luck getting an answer.
What really amazed me was the following verbiage under the reservation details:

Changes in taxes or fees implemented after booking will affect the total room price.

Does this mean they get to re-price an existing reservation???
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Okto
So, I have an upcoming reservation at this place, and the total cost for my reserved room seems to have gone up by ~$60 when I review the details under marriott.com
I have the original reservation confirmation email showing the lower price (the increase in price is due to a combination of a higher "destination amenity fee" and higher taxes; the room rate has stayed the same). I tried contacting the hotel, but they transfer me to marriott reservations, who say that only the hotel can answer these questions, so no luck getting an answer.
What really amazed me was the following verbiage under the reservation details:

Changes in taxes or fees implemented after booking will affect the total room price.

Does this mean they get to re-price an existing reservation???
taxes are out of their control... but adding fees is not good... maybe play dumb, when you go check out dispute it then?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by mysterym
taxes are out of their control... but adding fees is not good... maybe play dumb, when you go check out dispute it then?
I think I'll just cancel and go elsewhere. Pricing out other days for this hotel showed that the "Destination amenity fee" is dynamically adjusted to be 14.95% of the room rate. I had never seen that before. These "destination fees" are utter BS in the first place, but to use it to bump up the room rate by an additional 15% no matter what is not something I'm going to entertain.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I stayed a few weeks ago and asked that the amenity fee be waived since the hotel had almost no service other than running water and electricity. And they did waive the fee. It was one of the very few hotels open in the area due to COVID. At least that neighborhood is good for take out food.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 12:50 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone been to the Liberty recently? I'm heading to Boston for a few days for work and am trying to weigh my options.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by morphogencc
Has anyone been to the Liberty recently? I'm heading to Boston for a few days for work and am trying to weigh my options.
I would call the hotel to see if it is any better now.

In August I stayed at the Intercontinental which was way better. But in a different part of town.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 8:24 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Just got back from my stay at the Liberty --

Most of the dining facilities are open; Alibi and Scampo even have some outdoor seating available. Platinum members get upgrades pending availability and late check-out, but that's it. There's no option for a breakfast benefit because "the value's not really there", but they have continental breakfast available for a charge 7 days a week. It seems like a blatant cash grab. At least the coffee is free...

It was pretty quiet during the week, but Friday and Saturday the place was *hopping*. They had a DJ playing in the lobby, people standing and drinking all over the place, and few if any masks to be seen. I used the first floor elevators to avoid having to go through the second floor lobby.

Prices are as low as they'll ever be (~$200 - $250 / night), but even given that, I'm not sure I'd stay there again given the weekend situation and no real benefits. It doesn't seem like much of an upgrade from, say, the Residence Inn in Fenway (where I've stayed many times before).
Old Jun 23, 2021, 1:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Any recent stays since restrictions have lifted? Also has anyone booked through FHR for this hotel? Have a night in Boston I need to book a room and need to use up the rest of my FHR Amex offer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.