Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Lucerne Hotel, CH [Master Thread]

Old Feb 3, 11, 8:57 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC

After many years in business, the Schiller Hotel is currently undergoing a complete makeover on its guestrooms and facilities and will be converted into a Renaissance Hotel, a brand of Marriott International.

The new Renaissance Lucerne Hotel will re-open for business on
1 June 2011.

Now confirming reservations for arrivals from June 1, 2011. Phone +41 41 226 87 87.

Our restaurants and bars remain open
during the renovation period.
Link

Last edited by thomas199023; Feb 4, 11 at 2:28 am Reason: Added link
Old Feb 3, 11, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dang. We will be there in March and were bemoaning the lack of a Marriott anywhere decent outside of Zurich.
Old Feb 3, 11, 8:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
I see that it opening in August.
Old Feb 3, 11, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Nice! Let's hope for some nice opening promos
Old Feb 3, 11, 8:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by nub2travel View Post
I see that it opening in August.
I think I am confusing this with another property. Sorry
Old Feb 3, 11, 8:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, PC Plat, Hertz Gold
Excited to see this option in Lucerne. Moving to Stuttgart in a couple of months so this will hopefully make a great weekend getaway destination!
Old Jun 13, 11, 9:04 am

Programs: Delta platinum, Marriott platinum
A New Gem: The Renaissance Lucerne

My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance Lucerne from June 4-June 11 on a seven night certificate. The hotel had opened June 1 and so we were among the first guests. The stay was wonderful. The hotel staff was very friendly and did everything they could to ensure a great stay. By the end of the week, we knew each other fairly well. As a platinum member, I was upgraded to a premium deluxe room. As advertised on its website, the hotel is very modern—the room was very soundproof, great shower, good wi-fi connection, and very bright and well decorated. The hotel does not have a separate elite lounge, but does have a very pleasant lounge open to all guests. Breakfast is served in the lounge and was complimentary because of elite status all seven days. As to parking, there are two options—one in a public parking garage at 30 francs per day. The second option which we chose is to park on the street around the hotel. This option costs 10 francs for 24 hours, and one must purchase a ticket which the hotel sells. We did not have any trouble finding good spots during the entire stay; we did hear one couple say they encountered a problem. Finally, the location is fantastic, as you can walk most places or take immediately available public transportation. The central train station for Lucerne is less than a ten minute walk away. The water transportation access point for Lucerne is likewise a short walk away. From Lucerne, we took great day trips to Mount Pilatus, the Bernese Oberland, Lugano, and the Furka Pass area. Other days we explored the Lucerne area. My wife and I look forward to returning to Lucerne and this excellent hotel.
Old Jun 13, 11, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
Thanks. Always love hearing about the new hotels.

It says it is the smallest Renaissance:

Located within a 3-minute walk from Lucerne train station, the century-old City Palais has been masterfully restored. Featuring 86 stylish newly renovated guest rooms, the decorative ceilings provide an historic feeling in the world's smallest Renaissance hotel. A place you'll love to come home to.

Last edited by PWMFlyer19; Jun 13, 11 at 10:44 am Reason: added the word new
Old Jun 13, 11, 12:14 pm
Community Director

It's great to learn about this hotel. Thank you for your post. It will go on my list of places I'd like to stay.

I stayed on the other side of the lake at the Evian Hilton last year and had a wonderful stay with a great view of the lake. There is a boat that goes between Lucerne and Evian, so it would be possible to pair stays at these two hotels. Lucerne is better sited for access from Geneva or Zurich, and there is more to see or do on that side of the lake. Montreux is a short distance from Lucerne, and is a beautiful town.
Old Jun 13, 11, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
It's great to learn about this hotel. Thank you for your post. It will go on my list of places I'd like to stay.

I stayed on the other side of the lake at the Evian Hilton last year and had a wonderful stay with a great view of the lake. There is a boat that goes between Lucerne and Evian, so it would be possible to pair stays at these two hotels. Lucerne is better sited for access from Geneva or Zurich, and there is more to see or do on that side of the lake. Montreux is a short distance from Lucerne, and is a beautiful town.
Actually, that ferry goes to Lausanne, not Lucerne. But, I was thinking of pairing them anyway since we'd have a car. I've been looking at the hotel on Marriott's web site and was hoping someone would stay there and report back. Nice report, JohnB50.

Bobette
Old Aug 7, 11, 7:56 am

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Which is better for a 3-4 day sight-seeing stay (will not have a car and instead rely on public transportation). Lucerne or Montreaux?
Old Jul 6, 12, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
When did this hotel move from Cat 5 to Cat 6?
It's not on the March 15th, 2012 list of changes.
Old Jul 6, 12, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
have had the same experience with unannounced SPG catagory changes (lately, LeM's in C. Mai/Rai) so now try to protect myself by booking potential future stays using points (several hundred thousand in both) once Cat changes announced and if the future planning does not come to fruition, just hit the button, CXL, and recover the points.............

Originally Posted by Paulchili View Post
When did this hotel move from Cat 5 to Cat 6?
It's not on the March 15th, 2012 list of changes.
Old Jul 6, 12, 10:51 pm

A perfect place to stay

We stayed there for a week in May... All on points. This is a perfect location, very close to the train station, right on a bus route, next to a park. I would recommend it to anyone in the area.
Old Jul 6, 12, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by BKKLEE View Post
have had the same experience with unannounced SPG catagory changes (lately, LeM's in C. Mai/Rai) so now try to protect myself by booking potential future stays using points (several hundred thousand in both) once Cat changes announced and if the future planning does not come to fruition, just hit the button, CXL, and recover the points.............
I wish I had done so. It also happened to me with the Marriott in Budapest - I was saving both for our annual cat 5 free nights (didn't have enough points after booking 3 nights in Sydney and several others). Now they are both cat 6
I don't think I'll keep the Marrriott Visa card.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: