Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Lucerne Hotel, CH [Master Thread]

Renaissance Lucerne Hotel, CH [Master Thread]

Old Feb 15, 16, 9:30 pm
Suspended

looking forward to your detailed trip report as have a week long stay the end of June already set (picked as easy place to make day trips around CH from).

Originally Posted by thomas199023 View Post
Will be here in two weeks. My last stay was over 3 years ago. Hope it is still as good as it was back then!
Old Feb 16, 16, 10:59 am

I have stayed there twice on points. Once in July 2012 and again in August 2015, and both stays were very nice. As others have mentioned, the hotel is small and can sometimes feel "cramped." The staff is very friendly and helpful, and as a platinum member, a very good breakfast buffet in the restaurant on the first floor was complimentary. On the last stay, were upgraded to a slightly larger corner room. From the hotel, it is a short walk to the main train, bus, and ship stations and the major attractions. There is a city bus stop a block away for more distant adventures within the city and surrounding area, but the bus routes and schedules can be a bit difficult to figure out.

I do have one caution. Just to the left side of the main entrance is a small driveway with a gate that is usually closed. If you see it open and decide to walk in to see what is in the small parking lot and courtyard behind the gate, don't do it. While waiting for my wife to come down one morning, I noticed the gate was open and walked in to take a look around. Just as I had gotten to the opposite side and deciding there was nothing worth seeing, the gate closed. I had to walk around trying to find an unlocked door. Once I did, I entered into a hallway of an apartment building and had to walk through it to the main entrance on the block behind the hotel. I walked back around the block to the hotel entrance to find a wife rather angry with me because I had disappeared.

Last edited by makeUturn; Feb 16, 16 at 11:14 am
Old Mar 8, 16, 8:35 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
Had two separate one night stays here.

Stay 1: (rate 150CHF)
Even tough booking via Marriott.com (and it showing up in upcoming stays), my Gold status was not in the system for some reason. They had pre-allocated a standard room, but after asking if I was a Marriott member, I showed them my gold card on the app and they gave me a upgrade to a "deluxe" room, breakkie vouchers and internet voucher.

Room was decent sized, it was on the fourth floor but no noise issues. We had dinner in the "Mexican" restaurant, and it was o.k., tough very expensive. (everything is in Lucerne unfortunately). Breakfast was good and included full buffet for Elite members.

Stay 2: (on a Saturday) (rate 130CHF)
Again they did not have my Marriott status on the reservation. The check-in clerk remembered my name and status, and greeted me by name the moment we walked through the door. No upgrade this time, and room was small, but functional. It was a high floor room tough, which was fortunate. As on Saturdays, the Mexican restaurant changes into a nightclub and there was lots of noise. I could even notice this in our room on the high floor, tough it did not bother me to much. Was glad we didn't get a room on one of the lower floors.

Both times we parked on the street in front of the hotel, for 15CHF, which is good value. I would not hesitate to stay here again, especially for the rates I got this trip. It was great value in beautiful but overly-expensive Luzern.
Old Jun 20, 16, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Does anyone have an email address for this hotel?
Old Jun 20, 16, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by Reid View Post
Does anyone have an email address for this hotel?
[email protected]
Old Sep 27, 16, 2:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Lucerne - Rennessiance

Hi,
I am taking my wife and 18 month Daughter to Lucerne. I am Marriott Gold.

Has anybody stayed at both the Renaissance Lucerne and The Hotel Lucerne?

Thinks that would help me pick between the 2: Does either have free breakfast or Does one hotel have more space for a Cot?

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...lucerne-hotel/

http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/tra...ph-collection/

Thanks, Ben
Old Aug 10, 17, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Any recent updates on this hotel vs. the Hotel Lucerne? Planning a stay in late October. Thanks!

Last edited by chenalex; Aug 10, 17 at 4:08 pm
Old Dec 4, 18, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by chenalex View Post
Any recent updates on this hotel vs. the Hotel Lucerne? Planning a stay in late October. Thanks!
Bumping this thread. Any update/info on the differences between the properties?
Old Dec 4, 18, 5:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
I stayed at the Renaissance Lucerne over the summer and liked it. The hotel is a few minutes walk from the the train station. The rooms are clean and comfortable. As gold, they gave me one coupon to the buffet breakfast for each day. The hot buffet breakfast was good.

I have not stayed at the Hotel Lucerne, so cannot compare them.
Old May 29, 19, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I tried to book with points--: cat 5 points 35,000 and additional CHF 65. Is this normal for this hotel?
Old May 29, 19, 8:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
Originally Posted by milemission View Post
I tried to book with points--: cat 5 points 35,000 and additional CHF 65. Is this normal for this hotel?
It was 40,000 points last year, so it got cheaper. The CHF 65 extra is when you select an upgraded Deluxe room.
Old May 29, 19, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by EdofFX View Post
It was 40,000 points last year, so it got cheaper. The CHF 65 extra is when you select an upgraded Deluxe room.
Thanks for the information. The deluxe room and the Junior suite are the only ones available for points booking, both with additional charges. The superior room available only for cash booking.
Old May 30, 19, 3:16 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
Originally Posted by milemission View Post
Thanks for the information. The deluxe room and the Junior suite are the only ones available for points booking, both with additional charges. The superior room available only for cash booking.
Seems like you've been Bonvoyed!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: