Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macau [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macau [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
Yikes, looks like this hotel hasn't really improved since my last stay in October of 2015.

I just booked a night here. Perhaps I should cancel and try out the new St. Regis!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Did a quick stay earlier this month (Oct 2017). Was upgraded to a massive suite, the one with the extra entertainment room and dining area.

As noted earlier, the Club Lounge is under renovation, and the staff have no idea how long that will take. Probably many months. In the meantime, breakfast is in the Bene restaurant downstairs by the main entrance. Make sure you walk all the way through the restaurant to see all the stations, I missed the salad and fruit stations as they are way in the back by the windows.

Did get a chance to walk through the lobby of the St. Regis and it is indeed quieter. Is that worth 50-100% more in room rate? Personally, I am happy with the Sheraton.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by transparent
Did a quick stay earlier this month (Oct 2017). Was upgraded to a massive suite, the one with the extra entertainment room and dining area.

As noted earlier, the Club Lounge is under renovation, and the staff have no idea how long that will take. Probably many months. In the meantime, breakfast is in the Bene restaurant downstairs by the main entrance. Make sure you walk all the way through the restaurant to see all the stations, I missed the salad and fruit stations as they are way in the back by the windows.

Did get a chance to walk through the lobby of the St. Regis and it is indeed quieter. Is that worth 50-100% more in room rate? Personally, I am happy with the Sheraton.

I'm with you. The suites at the Sheraton are huge, luxurious and great value for the price for Platinums. With the usual lounge check in you don't interact with the unwashed in the lobby so the end to end experience is good.

With the lounge closed... so breakfast is in Bene downstairs. How about the evening happy hour? There was two hours of food and drink in the lounge before. Is that also moved to Bene? I'm there with my sister (also Plat) in three weeks time :-).

Thanks.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I have no issue with this hotel as well. Especially with the much lower rates compared to elsewhere, I always get a nice suite upgrade. The value here is hard to beat.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:24 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by ftrichard
I'm with you. The suites at the Sheraton are huge, luxurious and great value for the price for Platinums. With the usual lounge check in you don't interact with the unwashed in the lobby so the end to end experience is good.

With the lounge closed... so breakfast is in Bene downstairs. How about the evening happy hour? There was two hours of food and drink in the lounge before. Is that also moved to Bene? I'm there with my sister (also Plat) in three weeks time :-).
The evening happy hour is at Feast, or you can take it at Xin. They invite you to the full buffet, so obviously, the club benefit is excellent value while the lounge is closed. Check-in is a bit chaotic in the lobby, but once you figured out where you need to go, it's ok. Breakfast is at Bene, plus some limited afternoon nibbles/drinks/tea. Nobody seems to know how long the lounge is closed, but while it is, this hotel probably has the best club benefit in the system.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx
The evening happy hour is at Feast, or you can take it at Xin. They invite you to the full buffet, so obviously, the club benefit is excellent value while the lounge is closed. Check-in is a bit chaotic in the lobby, but once you figured out where you need to go, it's ok. Breakfast is at Bene, plus some limited afternoon nibbles/drinks/tea. Nobody seems to know how long the lounge is closed, but while it is, this hotel probably has the best club benefit in the system.
Yikes. That is excellent news. I'm there the first weekend of November. I like Feast and usually get lunch there. Hopefully the lounge stays closed for a while. Actually may try Xin one of the evenings. I usually avoid the Chinese restaurants in Macau because I live across the border and (a) I come to Macau for decent Western food that cannot be found easily in Shenzhen and (b) I'm used to paying Chinese prices for good Chinese food so I can't bring myself to pay the high prices at these high end restaurants. If it's included as a Platinum that's a different matter.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:47 am

Completed 3 nights here this week. Feast is the better option for dinner food -- pretty good quality. They don't serve liquor, so if you don't want wine/beer, the play is to head to the Xin bar first for drinks, and then show up for dinner at Feast just before 7.30 (they will let you stay well past the club hours). Xin has a pretty good selection -- I started off with Grey Goose, and then spotted Hennessy XO, Martell XO, and JW Blue. I asked, is that off limits for club guests, and to my surprise the answer was, no worries, you can have whatever you want.

I'm generally pretty critical of this hotel, but obviously with the current whatever-you-want-in-lieu-of-club benefits it's excellent value for Plats, especially if you're staying mid-week on the HK$600-800 BRGs that have been attainable here recently.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
They don't serve liquor, so if you don't want wine/beer, the play is to head to the Xin bar first for drinks, and then show up for dinner at Feast just before 7.30 (they will let you stay well past the club hours).
You must mean "if you DO want wine/beer"
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
You must mean "if you DO want wine/beer"
No, I meant: if you want alcoholic beverages other than wine/beer. Feast has a very limited liquor selection (think regular club lounge), but Xin has a full bar.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:57 am

No, I meant: if you want alcoholic beverages other than wine/beer. Feast has a very limited liquor selection (think regular club lounge), but Xin has a full bar.
Ah, actually, I checked out of here this morning and they'll bring you whatever cocktails you want as a Club guest in Feast from 5.30-7.30pm. There's beer (three types, bottled) red and white wine and sparkling but we got G&Ts, Mojitos and Margaritas because we asked for them and they brought them. Not sure where they were coming from because they took about ten minutes to arrive but the staff were happy to order them and bring them.

This really has got to be the best Platinum bargain in the world right now. Four of us (two Plats) had the full Feast buffet including lobster etc. and generous free flow of whatever we asked for from 5.30pm. First evening we had last orders way after 7.30pm (we eventually left at 9pm) and second evening we stayed until about 8.pm. They're not chasing you away and of course the restaurant is also full of regular diners.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard
Ah, actually, I checked out of here this morning and they'll bring you whatever cocktails you want as a Club guest in Feast from 5.30-7.30pm. There's beer (three types, bottled) red and white wine and sparkling but we got G&Ts, Mojitos and Margaritas because we asked for them and they brought them. Not sure where they were coming from because they took about ten minutes to arrive but the staff were happy to order them and bring them.
Yeah, that's what I meant -- Feast has beer/wine, and some bottle of well vodka/rum/etc in the back room. I tried ordering a rum and coke a couple of times, and once got a coke with no rum (language barrier, probably). My point was that Xin has a full bar with top shelf liquor -- Grey Goose, Hennessy XO, JW Blue, plus mixers like Kahlua or Grand Marnier. As you say, Feast alone is a stellar club lounge substitute, but because of their generous opening hours, I think this deal is maximized by drinking at the Xin bar from 5.30 until 7.25, and then heading to Feast for dinner.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:46 am

Is the Feast portion instead of club lounge for evening still going? I just called, cause I'm going to Macau soon, and they said breakfast was at Bene, after tea there as well, evening cocktail at Xin.
Hmm, I just called to ask specifically about "happy hour". She said "Xin or Feast". The English communication wasn't great, so I presume it is the same as posters said above.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Is the Feast portion instead of club lounge for evening still going? I just called, cause I'm going to Macau soon, and they said breakfast was at Bene, after tea there as well, evening cocktail at Xin.
Hmm, I just called to ask specifically about "happy hour". She said "Xin or Feast". The English communication wasn't great, so I presume it is the same as posters said above.
Breakfast for Platinums/Club guests is in Bene. However there was a queue when we were there and they herded us over to Xin on the first morning (normal breakfast buffet - not specifically Chinese breakfast). The second morning we went first to Xin and they weren't going to let us in but they made a phone call and we ate there again.

My brother in law was told to go to Xin for happy hour at reception when he checked in. I was told to go to Feast. In the end, we all went to Feast both days. So the reality is it's Xin or Feast. You choose.

We asked when the Club lounge would be reopening and nobody knew. We stayed a week ago so it's safe to say it will be a while.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by transparent

Was thinking the Sheraton would be a dump, but it isn't. Got the same suite as someone posted photos of earlier (executive deluxe) and it is great! Even though the photos were from 5 years ago it still looks nice. Can't say that about many hotels.
Check-in at the elite desk is fine, only 1 person in front of me, whereas there is a huge line for the regular check-in.
Ate at Feast for dinner, in place of club access. They actually seem to welcome club access guests there, and possibly we got in earlier (at 530pm) than regular customers, as it seemed like they were only letting in people with reservations or club access at 530pm. You can order different things, as I've seen people with beautiful cocktails, to drink, as a poster mentioned earlier. If you go earlier there actually aren't that many people and it isn't crowded/a grab-show for new food.
I like the pool, how it is situated between the two towers, and has a beautiful view at night.
Great deal, nice room (was debating between this and St Regis, which was only 200-300 MOP more, glad I chose here).
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:10 am

Stayed at the JW Marriott after this. Still have to say, I preferred the Sheraton, with dinner at Feast instead of the club lounge at JW, "staff" at Feast were very nice and attentive, unlike that at the lounge (you can say what you want about it being overcrowded, but it was a weekday, not packed to the gills. Can you imagine what it would be like during the weekend? Even less service).
If you have elite status you get to skip the long line at checkin and use the elite line, I called the operator to checkout cause I didn't want to wait downstairs and that was done and simple (just asked me to drop the keys in the express checkout box, which closes at 2pm. Had late checkout so couldn't use that). Not bad at all. Great value for the money, great place regardless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.