Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance London Heathrow LHR Hotel, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reception: [email protected]
Other: [email protected]

Property underwent renovation in 2015-2016, so no longer a dump. Exec lounge open on the weekends.

You do not need to pay for the Hoppa to get to the property. You can take some public buses (ie, 105, 111, 140) to/from the Ren, as it's in the 'free zone'. The Heathrow free travel zone has been suspended indefinitely effective January 1, 2021. Standard fares now apply.

Print Wikipost

Renaissance London Heathrow LHR Hotel, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:16 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Agreed. The Sheraton also does a much better job with FT recognition.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by FoxCrane
I am currently staying at the Renaissance Heathrow, and am a bit disappointed. I never stayed prior to the renovation, but it is no different than a typical Novotel in feeling and design. By comparison, the Sheraton did a MUCH better job with their renovation, and the Sheraton property definitely feels like a higher category than the Renaissance. In addition, the quality of the breakfast at the Renaissance (in the restaurant and in the lounge) is disappointing compared to the Sheraton. This is the first and last time I'm staying at the Renaissance Heathrow, just because the Sheraton is a much better experience. I wouldn't call the Renaissance a dump, but it's probably only a couple years away from becoming a dump again.
Could you give some examples?
Old May 27, 2019, 10:02 am

Just come back from this hotel and have been a regular there over the years. Previously had no problem as Titanium being put on the third floor where the executive lounge is. This time I wasn't upgraded even though rooms and suites were available for upgrade. After a few words with the third receptionist who promised 'tomorrow' I asked him if it was a case that they were only putting paid guests on the third floor and he said yes. On saying that, he was changing his stance every few minutes i.e. Marriott haven't updated the webpage and, guests have to email us a week in advance if they want an upgrade....eh?...since when? Eventually I was put up in a suite on the executive floor but got the impression they did it begrudgingly.

The problem here is that this hotel charges extra for a runway room already as it's popular with airplane enthusiasts so the only upgrade someone who's paid for this room is up to the executive floor (only three floor hotel).
Old May 27, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
I hate this hotel. This hotel is getting demolished when the new runway construction starts right?

cant wait for this dump to be torn down
Old May 27, 2019, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Nuhusky
I hate this hotel. This hotel is getting demolished when the new runway construction starts right?

cant wait for this dump to be torn down
wasn’t this hotel renovated? I remember staying here a while back before the renovation and there was this min bar that looked as if it came original with hotel from the 80s. And this was around 2015.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
The hotel's been renovated in the past few years. Unlike Nuhusky, I don't mind the hotel & it's usually my go-to property when staying near LHR.

Cheers.
Wembleygal likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
I've stayed at the Ren twice, but don't like what I've read here recently. I'm giving the Marriott a try next month.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
I've stayed at the Ren twice, but don't like what I've read here recently. I'm giving the Marriott a try next month.
I had a terrible experience at the Marriott around Christmas. Dirty room, clueless staff, etc.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by Lizie
I asked him if it was a case that they were only putting paid guests on the third floor and he said yes. .
You should notify that to Marriott customer service.
This kind of attitude leads to the vanishing of Elite benefits and a lack in guest service.
BTW, I'll never go for sure at this Ren!
Old May 28, 2019, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
BTW, I'll never go for sure at this Ren!
To each their own. I've stayed at the property multiple times a year for several years. I don't have the problems other have w/ it. Shrug.

Cheers.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
To each their own. I've stayed at the property multiple times a year for several years. I don't have the problems other have w/ it. Shrug.

Cheers.
Agree with this. Stayed here a few times in the last couple of years, no issues. Breakfast spread is very good, one of the best you can find in a Renaissance anywhere in the world. The runway views are great. Beds are comfortable and the AC works. Room decor is poor, but it's an airport hotel - you aren't meant to be taking your family there for a Disney style vacation.

I stayed prior to the refurbishment in 2012 when my employer used to rent out space in the hotel and back then it was dire. Nowadays I would not hesitate in recommending it.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
I would also agree with the last few comments that the Renaissance hotel is an excellent value for the price. Even though that you will most likely not be upgraded to the room type, I requested a room with a runway view and for airplane aficionado, it's just amazing. The room was definitely not dated and the bed was extremely comfortable. Having unlimited alcohol including beer and wine from 5 - 9pm and food from 5 - 7pm, I believe is very generous for many Marriott hotels. I'm unsure about the expectations at this hotel but it is an excellent option.
Wembleygal likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 10:56 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Wembleygal
I had a terrible experience at the Marriott around Christmas. Dirty room, clueless staff, etc.
IME the Marriott has always been better than the Ren including the fact that the food offerings are better in the evening and it doesn't have the "large tour group hotel" feel.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by stc
Marriott doesn't have the "large tour group hotel" feel.
I'm not sure if you're being generic or specific. In all my years of staying at the Ren multiple times a year, I never once ran into a tour group. I did see flight crews (early morning) & occasional wedding guests (on the weekend), but that was about it.

FWIW - I'm not anti-MAR, but Ren is usually cheaper than MAR, slightly closer to LHR (MAR is the next stop on the free bus on the opposite side of the road from Ren), and the Ren exec lounge rocks w/ its views of the runways. In fairness, the Ren rooms are small. There's nothing they can do about the footprint.

Cheers.
MrM2016 likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
I'm staying at this hotel this weekend (cash booking) and as titanium lifetime will hopefully get an upgrade to a room/suite with a runway view on the third floor.

Could someone please outline the lounge food/drinks offerings in the morning, afternoon and evening? Is wine available in the afternoon or only in the evening during cocktail hour between 6-8pm? Also, will I have the option to have breakfast in the main restaurant (usually more extensive) or is the lounge breakfast the same?

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.