Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance London Heathrow LHR Hotel, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reception: [email protected]
Other: [email protected]

Property underwent renovation in 2015-2016, so no longer a dump. Exec lounge open on the weekends.

You do not need to pay for the Hoppa to get to the property. You can take some public buses (ie, 105, 111, 140) to/from the Ren, as it's in the 'free zone'. The Heathrow free travel zone has been suspended indefinitely effective January 1, 2021. Standard fares now apply.

Print Wikipost

Renaissance London Heathrow LHR Hotel, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Lizie
or pay for your parking
I hope someone tries not paying for parking and reporting back to us because when I stayed there in May you could exit the parking lot without paying.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 11:21 am

I also saw that desk over on the left but do not think anyone was working there either... If it was open, it was not obvious.

Other than that the place is really pretty great though. Free bus from the airport, and airport noise was not an issue at all even though you are literally looking at the active runway. I would stay again if I had another late arrival into Heathrow.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:19 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I hope someone tries not paying for parking and reporting back to us because when I stayed there in May you could exit the parking lot without paying.
There are signs all over the Heathrow Hotels about using ANR (automatic (plate) number recognition) in the the parking lots. I would not be surprised to find a nasty note on your car, or worse a clamp on your tire.
Lizie likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by stc
There are signs all over the Heathrow Hotels about using ANR (automatic (plate) number recognition) in the the parking lots. I would not be surprised to find a nasty note on your car, or worse a clamp on your tire.
Perhaps, but I never gave the hotel my license plate at registration or when I paid for parking nor was there a machine to take my validated, paid parking ticket.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Perhaps, but I never gave the hotel my license plate at registration or when I paid for parking nor was there a machine to take my validated, paid parking ticket.
So the bottom line was you were lucky. Moving on...
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:30 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Checked out of the Renaissance a few hours ago after a brief one-night stay. As a Gold, I was upgraded to a runway-facing room on the second floor. I got the the lounge just after 9 pm and they were clearing the deserts and cheese, but I was glad to grab some drinks before I turned in. I woke up way too early this morning so I was at the restaurant when the buffet opened at 6 am. I was just waived in; I assume the host thought I was with a large group of Japanese and Chinese students and chaperones that had blocked off the back part of the restaurant; I did see the host checking names off a list for Golds and Plats when I left. The buffet was outstanding with a full English breakfast (except for black pudding and bubble and squeak) in the main section, with a bread station (with artisanal loaves of bread), a salad station, and a fruit and cereal station. Once the restaurant got loud and crowded around 6:30 am, I bailed and went up to the lounge and watched some of the takeoffs and landing while having breakfast tea.

I had no problems finding a free TfL bus to the property; I had a bit of a challenge getting to T4 this morning but I eventually found my way over using free travel options: I’m glad I budgeted extra time for the transfer, though.

The room was quiet and comfortable; I’d certainly stay here again.

Lizie and flying4workNfun like this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 10, 2018 at 3:54 am
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:47 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Just had another satisfactory stay at this hotel. We booked a 'park'n'fly' deal and everything went like clockwork. The barriers on the car park are fully operational now, and your parking ticket has your reg number printed on it, thanks to ANPR.
I had checked in on line, and all the paperwork including car park form and room keys were waiting for us at the small desk in front of the main check in area.
Nice upgrade to a refurbed runway view room.
We always eat at The Pheasant when we stay on the Bath Road, but we did look into the lounge and have a couple of beers, as it was a hot day ;-) .
The menu for the appetisers was :-
Smoke Salmon with Keta Caviar, Horseradish Cream
Beetroot and Goat cheese mousse
Mini pulled pork burgers
Cheddar Cheese and onion flutes
The young lady distributing the beer and wine was very proactive, anyone with a nearly empty glass or bottle was replenished quickly.
Breakfast in the lounge was fine. The staple clients, apart from airline passengers, are coach parties - if you can avoid hitting the restaurant at the same time as them, then it is a lot quieter and a much more pleasant experience all round.
The advantage of the parking here is that you self park and keep your keys, rather than risking putting your car in the care of a boy-racer to park it for you. The free buses to and from the airport are also a plus.

Nick
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update Nick. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:12 am

Just to update my previous remarks after this weekend's stay, the air conditioning is now on in the executive lounge and they can also take credit card deposits and take payment for parking at the small concierge desk. Note though that the small concierge desk isn't always manned.

Not currently relevant but some may be interested to hear they are applying to open the roof up and make it into a bar sometime in the future.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:54 am

Possibly OT, but I just wanted to say that this is one of the better thread titles on FT.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:57 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Possibly OT, but I just wanted to say that this is one of the better thread titles on FT.
I agree (and it was modified from its original title after a renovation).
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:58 am

Stayed this weekend two nights and really surprised how poor it has become from my last stay. Staff at breakfast complaining over work conditions within earshot, other guests walked into our room after being given our room, a beggar walking around the dining room and the outside patio area asking for money and food, corridors with room service trays from previous evening. Perhaps it was just a bank holiday weekend problem but I'm thinking twice about going back. Got 2,500 points for service recovery.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lizie
Stayed this weekend two nights and really surprised how poor it has become from my last stay. Staff at breakfast complaining over work conditions within earshot, other guests walked into our room after being given our room, a beggar walking around the dining room and the outside patio area asking for money and food, corridors with room service trays from previous evening. Perhaps it was just a bank holiday weekend problem but I'm thinking twice about going back. Got 2,500 points for service recovery.
I have to imagine staff at just about every London-area hotel complain about working conditions since it has to be impossible to make end's meet working at hotel wages in London. It's no wonder that pretty much all the staff are Eastern European, Middle Eastern or Asian. It's also no surprise an increasing number of London hotels are outsourcing housekeeping to third-party companies to reduce labor costs.

This isn't exclusive to London, either. I stayed at a Mercure hotel in Gloucester and found out the hotel used a combination of Eastern European workers (housekeepers, front desk, etc.) and then British workers from a temporary staffing agency for waiter/waitress jobs so sometimes the staff changed every day or two.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Yah, the place is slipping back into mediocrity again. Stayed last week and the room was already showing signs of wear - lumpy (new) mattress means they are not being turned properly. Plus I had the pizza in the cafe for dinner, and spent an hour in the loo afterwards. Something's rotten in Denmark!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:11 am

I am currently staying at the Renaissance Heathrow, and am a bit disappointed. I never stayed prior to the renovation, but it is no different than a typical Novotel in feeling and design. By comparison, the Sheraton did a MUCH better job with their renovation, and the Sheraton property definitely feels like a higher category than the Renaissance. In addition, the quality of the breakfast at the Renaissance (in the restaurant and in the lounge) is disappointing compared to the Sheraton. This is the first and last time I'm staying at the Renaissance Heathrow, just because the Sheraton is a much better experience. I wouldn't call the Renaissance a dump, but it's probably only a couple years away from becoming a dump again.

Last edited by FoxCrane; Oct 8, 2018 at 2:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.