Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Hotel Website: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Official List of Cosmopolitan Bonvoy Elite Benefits: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/marriott-bonvoy-at-the-cosmopolitan-of-las-vegas

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the only charges that qualify for Points are as follows:
- Room rate, room service food and beverage, in-room movies, phone calls and in-room minibar purchases
- Points cannot be earned on any other purchases at hotel outlets or for hotel services

The Cosmopolitan is a "resort," so basically the only elite benny is a possible upgrade. Elites are not exempt from the resort fee

Resort fee is $39+tax effective 01/01/2019. Also as of that date, parking (self & valet) is complimentary for hotel guests.

Cosmopolitan is exempt from providing free wifi to Plats per Marriott's T&Cs, however it is included with the mandatory $39 daily resort fee so there is still no extra charge to any guest for using it.

Platinums receive:

* use of Platinum check-in area (to the left of main desks)

* Platinum arrival gift is $10FB coupon or 1,000 points

* room upgrade (space available) - better luck on mid-week stays than weekend stays. sometimes a 'sandwich' (ie, bribe) to front desk does the trick.

* free tea/coffee 6am - noon in the plat lobby check-in area

* Wicked Spoon: Marriott Rewards Platinums (and PPs) get to use preferred line and get 15% discount when staying at the property. Just show your MR Plat or PP card.
You can book through Virtuoso as well as Amex FHR for complimentary breakfast buffet at Wicked spoon.

Resort fee:

* $39 (+ tax) per day for resort fee, which includes gym access, local + long distance calls, Wifi, pool access. The resort fee is not waived.

Receiving Bonvoy Points for a Stay:

Many have reported needing to follow up to have Marriott Bonvoy points manually posted post stay (they do not typically post automatically.) A tip is to email [email protected] shortly after a stay asking them to manually forward your folio to Marriott Bonvoy for processing.

Hat tip to billycwhatup for this:

* Identity points and MR points can not be earned on the same stay

Other tips

The Terrace Suites are the most common room type and are classified as studio and one bedroom, with options for King, 2 Queens with or without a fountain view. They are essentially the same size, however (10 sq ft difference), but the layouts differ.

The King Studio Suite has a standard bathroom with shower and tub, a living room area with large sitting area and an L shaped sofa and the bed is in a separate area, though not separated.

The King One BR Suite has the same kind of living room area, with the bedroom separated by sliding doors and the bathroom is larger, with a "soaking tub".

If you get a terrace suite of any kind with 2 Queens, the living area will be smaller.

And unless your room type is described as "fountain view", you aren't guaranteed it, though Platinum status will get you upgraded on check in if they have one available.

If you book any of these room types and want to aim higher, I would try a giving the receptionist a 50$ "sandwich", and ask if any wraparounds upgrades would be available. If they say yes, there is a good chance that it will be a wraparound facing south-east or south-west, which for me would be a no go. Taste in view is personal of course, but for me the fountain-Eiffel tower view are so much nicer than the south facing views. Also when you would have the choice between a low level wraparound or high level terrace suite, I would still take the high level terrace suite, because a number of floors on the east tower are blocked by the big Bellagio sign. (see youtube vids).

If you really want a high level wraparound then you probably would have to pay, which can sometimes be not that much. If I'm not mistaken I think they offered me a wraparound at 150$ per night more, but we originally booked a 1 bedroom terrace room without view.

Last tip : If you would get the choice of wraparound I would definitely take a high floor east tower one, facing north-east. That would give you bellagio fountain + eiffel tower view, but also a good portion of the south strip.

Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Old May 28, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
Stayed for the first time as an Ambassador elite
  • Was able to check-in at 3pm (vs. 4pm advertised check-in), despite my Ambassador not returning my emails or reaching out to the property
  • Was staying on points & cash in Terrace Suite
  • No elite upgrade beyond room that was paid for, not even view
  • Doesn't appear that any hotel staff are trained on Bonvoy. Signage in the buffet line still says Marriott Gold & Platinum
  • Discount applied at Wicked Spoon
  • Called front desk on Monday (Memorial Day) and asked for late check-out. Was told it was not available. Called back and mentioned status, then suddenly 2PM check-out was available - guess front desk was too lazy to look at their screen?
Old May 29, 2019, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by newbiztraveler
Stayed for the first time as an Ambassador elite
  • Was able to check-in at 3pm (vs. 4pm advertised check-in), despite my Ambassador not returning my emails or reaching out to the property
  • Was staying on points & cash in Terrace Suite
  • No elite upgrade beyond room that was paid for, not even view
  • Doesn't appear that any hotel staff are trained on Bonvoy. Signage in the buffet line still says Marriott Gold & Platinum
  • Discount applied at Wicked Spoon
  • Called front desk on Monday (Memorial Day) and asked for late check-out. Was told it was not available. Called back and mentioned status, then suddenly 2PM check-out was available - guess front desk was too lazy to look at their screen?
Did you also get an email (similar to the other recent poster) prior to check in offering additional paid upgrades?
Old May 29, 2019, 5:11 am
kkl

Any reviews or feedback during EDC week?
Old May 29, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
Originally Posted by Chellyx
Did you also get an email (similar to the other recent poster) prior to check in offering additional paid upgrades?
Yup
Old May 29, 2019, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by hindolio
Not sure how helpful this will be to you, but I have an upcoming stay where I booked a Terrace Studio. I received an email about a week ahead of my stay giving me options to pay for an upgrade:
  • $30 extra per night for a Fountain View
  • $60 extra per night for a Terrace Studio Premium View
  • $60 extra per night for a Terrace Angle
  • $72 extra per night for an Executive Suite
  • $79 extra per night for a Terrace One Bedroom Premium View
  • $100 extra per night for a Wraparound Terrace Suite
  • $125 extra per night for a Terrace Suite
I don't quite understand the pricing, as it appears the Wraparound Terrace is superior to the regular Terrace but cheaper? I also did not realize how many different types of rooms the Cosmo has.
For what it's worth I had an angle suite with fountain view and found the room to be fantastic.
Old May 29, 2019, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by hindolio
Not sure how helpful this will be to you, but I have an upcoming stay where I booked a Terrace Studio. I received an email about a week ahead of my stay giving me options to pay for an upgrade:
  • $30 extra per night for a Fountain View
  • $60 extra per night for a Terrace Studio Premium View
  • $60 extra per night for a Terrace Angle
  • $72 extra per night for an Executive Suite
  • $79 extra per night for a Terrace One Bedroom Premium View
  • $100 extra per night for a Wraparound Terrace Suite
  • $125 extra per night for a Terrace Suite
I don't quite understand the pricing, as it appears the Wraparound Terrace is superior to the regular Terrace but cheaper? I also did not realize how many different types of rooms the Cosmo has.

Thanks! Super helpful. maybe someone else can confirm, but I believe all of the terrace suites have a fountain view, while some wrap arounds are on the other side of the building. I assume that’s the reason for the higher price.
Old May 31, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: HH Gold; BA Gold; Hertz PC
If you convert your points to Identity points at the 10 to 4 rate do these points count as Tier points for Identity status?
Thanks
Old May 31, 2019, 10:59 pm

Completed my 1 night paid stay with a Terrance Studio. Autograph Lounge check-in was a huge relief compared to the long lines at the front desk. It's spacious for what it is and quiet, but it lacks in any amenities - a Starbucks machine that dispenses freshly ground coffee, a regular thermos dispenser for regular coffee too, and teabags. Water bottles are available at the front, but it's not cold. Asked it I wanted a late check-out and received one for 2 pm.

Was upgraded to a 1 bed Terrace Suite in the Boulevard Tower (the Chelsea Tower is the other building) with a view of the Strip, across from the Planet Hollywood Hotel. Nice room and view, but unfortunately no fountain.

1,000 points / $10 FB credit offered. 15% of Wicked Spoon (need to show Plat status at the buffet register) was great as I really like the buffet - imho it is better than most in Vegas.

The Boulevard pool area is fantastic. The pool area is big enough and not crowded even with lots of people. I really like that the outer areas of both pools are very shallow (about 1 foot deep) so you can just sit or lie in a lounger.

I think the Cosmopolitan continues to do a great job overall. The rooms are still modern and tasteful (though I'd rather have real doors than ones that slide), the entire property looks beautiful, and the food options run from relatively inexpensive Eggslut sandwiches and District donuts to pretty up there with Momofuku, E by Jose Andres and more.
strickerj and kaizen7 like this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton

Thanks! Super helpful. maybe someone else can confirm, but I believe all of the terrace suites have a fountain view, while some wrap arounds are on the other side of the building. I assume that’s the reason for the higher price.
No. All terrace suites do not have fountain views. They need to have view or fountain in then name of the room type otherwise looking over city center
Old Jun 24, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; IHG Spire Ambassador; AA Exec Plat; UA Silver
Originally Posted by kriscii
If you convert your points to Identity points at the 10 to 4 rate do these points count as Tier points for Identity status?
Thanks
No, they will not. This is from the FAQ on the Cosmopolitan's site (https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/identity/faqs) -bolding is mine:

Identity and Marriott Bonvoy members can convert points from one program to another—up to 100,000 points over a rolling 365 days. 10 Identity Points convert to 8 Marriott Bonvoy Points, and 10 Marriott Bonvoy points convert to 4 Identity Points. To convert Identity Points to Marriott Bonvoy points, visit this page or call us at 702.698.7280. To convert Marriott Bonvoy points to Identity Points, visit marriottrewards.com to request a point transfer; points converted to Identity can be used as resort credit or Identity Play but won’t contribute to your tier status.
Also, I just noticed that they've finally added a page to their website that outlines the specific benefits for each Bonvoy tier that you can expect to receive:

https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com...n-of-las-vegas
dgreen12, lbbzman and iskingolf like this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Thanks for posting that link, markko. So no difference at all between Titanium and Ambassador... Interesting.
markko likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Thanks for posting that link, markko. So no difference at all between Titanium and Ambassador... Interesting.
Ambassador doesnt seem to get anything better then platinum either (Except extra bonus points). Bit odd imo.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by COEWR2587

No. All terrace suites do not have fountain views. They need to have view or fountain in then name of the room type otherwise looking over city center

https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com...t/rooms-suites

according to the cosmo website there is no „terrace suite“ only terrace suite fountain view. The Marriott Site doesn’t include fountain view in the name, but otherwise lists identical room specs (sq feet, etc) as the cosmo site. Is there actually a room type that’s terrace suite, no view, and only bookable through Marriott?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:45 pm

https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com...t/rooms-suites

according to the cosmo website there is no „terrace suite“ only terrace suite fountain view. The Marriott Site doesn’t include fountain view in the name, but otherwise lists identical room specs (sq feet, etc) as the cosmo site. Is there actually a room type that’s terrace suite, no view, and only bookable through Marriott?
The names of the rooms are confusing to me, but as I stated a few posts above, I was upgraded from a Terrace Studio to a 1 bedroom Terrace Suite that had a nice view of the Strip, right across from Planet Hollywood and no fountain view. The next room to my left was a wraparound that did seem to have a fountain view. If you Google map the Cosmo hotel, it will make better sense. Hope that helps.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Titanium Elite staying @ Cosmopolitan in Vegas

Is there are good lounge there ?

Any luck or success rate w/room upgrades?

What type of welcome gift should I expect

also, as a Titanium Elite, if I book two rooms, does the upgrade apply to both rooms, or just the room that I am in?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.