Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 24, 21, 9:42 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: dgreen12
Wiki Link
Hotel Website: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Official List of Cosmopolitan Bonvoy Elite Benefits: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com...n-of-las-vegas

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the only charges that qualify for Points are as follows:
- Room rate, room service food and beverage, in-room movies, phone calls and in-room minibar purchases
- Points cannot be earned on any other purchases at hotel outlets or for hotel services

The Cosmopolitan is a "resort," so basically the only elite benny is a possible upgrade. Elites are not exempt from the resort fee

Resort fee is $39+tax effective 01/01/2019. Also as of that date, parking (self & valet) is complimentary for hotel guests.

Cosmopolitan is exempt from providing free wifi to Plats per Marriott's T&Cs, however it is included with the mandatory $39 daily resort fee so there is still no extra charge to any guest for using it.

Platinums receive:

* use of Platinum check-in area (to the left of main desks)

* Platinum arrival gift is $10FB coupon or 1,000 points

* room upgrade (space available) - better luck on mid-week stays than weekend stays. sometimes a 'sandwich' (ie, bribe) to front desk does the trick.

* free tea/coffee 6am - noon in the plat lobby check-in area

* Wicked Spoon: Marriott Rewards Platinums (and PPs) get to use preferred line and get 15% discount when staying at the property. Just show your MR Plat or PP card.
You can book through Virtuoso as well as Amex FHR for complimentary breakfast buffet at Wicked spoon.

Resort fee:

* $39 (+ tax) per day for resort fee, which includes gym access, local + long distance calls, Wifi, pool access. The resort fee is not waived.

Receiving Bonvoy Points for a Stay:

Many have reported needing to follow up to have Marriott Bonvoy points manually posted post stay (they do not typically post automatically.) A tip is to email [email protected] shortly after a stay asking them to manually forward your folio to Marriott Bonvoy for processing.

Hat tip to billycwhatup for this:

* Identity points and MR points can not be earned on the same stay

Other tips

The Terrace Suites are the most common room type and are classified as studio and one bedroom, with options for King, 2 Queens with or without a fountain view. They are essentially the same size, however (10 sq ft difference), but the layouts differ.

The King Studio Suite has a standard bathroom with shower and tub, a living room area with large sitting area and an L shaped sofa and the bed is in a separate area, though not separated.

The King One BR Suite has the same kind of living room area, with the bedroom separated by sliding doors and the bathroom is larger, with a "soaking tub".

If you get a terrace suite of any kind with 2 Queens, the living area will be smaller.

And unless your room type is described as "fountain view", you aren't guaranteed it, though Platinum status will get you upgraded on check in if they have one available.

If you book any of these room types and want to aim higher, I would try a giving the receptionist a 50$ "sandwich", and ask if any wraparounds upgrades would be available. If they say yes, there is a good chance that it will be a wraparound facing south-east or south-west, which for me would be a no go. Taste in view is personal of course, but for me the fountain-Eiffel tower view are so much nicer than the south facing views. Also when you would have the choice between a low level wraparound or high level terrace suite, I would still take the high level terrace suite, because a number of floors on the east tower are blocked by the big Bellagio sign. (see youtube vids).

If you really want a high level wraparound then you probably would have to pay, which can sometimes be not that much. If I'm not mistaken I think they offered me a wraparound at 150$ per night more, but we originally booked a 1 bedroom terrace room without view.

Last tip : If you would get the choice of wraparound I would definitely take a high floor east tower one, facing north-east. That would give you bellagio fountain + eiffel tower view, but also a good portion of the south strip.

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 13, 22, 11:08 pm

Just booked a stay for two nights in October (FOUR MTHS AWAY!) on a 'flexible rate' and yet the hotel has already charged my credit card as if it was a prepaid reservation.
The confirmation still says it is a flexible rate and that I am able to cancel at no charge until 3 days prior to my arrival.
Is this normal practice at the Cosmo? for the hotel to pre-charge your credit card for the full amount for the whole stay four months prior to your arrival even though it is a 'flexible rate'??
Old Jun 13, 22, 11:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by jaejaez View Post
Is this normal practice at the Cosmo?
Under the "Rate Details" section, they indicate that they want a deposit at the time of booking for all the nights you are staying.

I don't think they did this in the past. If you book directly through the hotel (and not through the Marriott site) the deposit amount appears to be for just one night.
jaejaez likes this.
Old Jun 14, 22, 1:06 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by GreenPlastic View Post
Iím a Titanium and was told I can only get 2pm late checkout now instead of 4. Iíll push back tomorrow, but this may be a reason to book via Amex FHR.
Itís a resort, so you have no guaranteed late checkout. If you check the Cosmoís Marriott Bonvoy benefits page, it does say 2pm is the max they will give.

I have also seen that this property doesnít offer complimentary breakfast to Marriott elites - is that the case?
Old Jun 14, 22, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
Itís a resort, so you have no guaranteed late checkout. If you check the Cosmoís Marriott Bonvoy benefits page, it does say 2pm is the max they will give.

I have also seen that this property doesnít offer complimentary breakfast to Marriott elites - is that the case?
ThanksÖdifficult to keep up with all the different levels. And yes, breakfast was NOT included for me as a titanium. My previous stay that included the very good breakfast at Wicked Spoon and a 4pm checkout was with AMEX FHR.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jun 14, 22, 12:39 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/AUA/MIA/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post

The welcome amenity is 1000 points or a one-time $10 F&B credit valid for room service and for some but not all of the onsite establishments. This exemption is set out in the T&Cs.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jul 10, 22, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum Premier
Is it possible to do mobile check in from the Bonvoy app a day in advance and then pick up your room key when you get into town?
my friend will be getting into town before I am, and was planning to have everything taken care of/check in with him listed as an authorized guest to grab a key.
Old Jul 10, 22, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by slsgsoccer0201 View Post
Is it possible to do mobile check in from the Bonvoy app a day in advance and then pick up your room key when you get into town?
my friend will be getting into town before I am, and was planning to have everything taken care of/check in with him listed as an authorized guest to grab a key.
As far as I know they donít offer a mobile key so this plan will not work.
Old Jul 10, 22, 6:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I stay at the Cosmo at least once a year... I don't know of any mobile key. That would certainly help as I have quite a collection of Cosmo keys lol. I tend to misplace them during my vacay
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 22, 2:13 pm

Really like this hotel, but itís getting annoying to have to fill a Missing Stay request every time I stay here.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 22, 2:08 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA dirt, Amtrak Select, Uber Platinum
Has anyone been able to add their Bonvoy # when booking through Amex FHR? The Marriott customer service could not find the reservation... not sure if it goes directly to the hotel since I booked through Amex. The hotel claims they added my Bonvoy #, but it is not showing up on the Marriott website.
Old Jul 26, 22, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by newbiztraveler View Post
Has anyone been able to add their Bonvoy # when booking through Amex FHR? The Marriott customer service could not find the reservation... not sure if it goes directly to the hotel since I booked through Amex. The hotel claims they added my Bonvoy #, but it is not showing up on the Marriott website.
Its been a mess lately. My FHR reservation never showed on the Bonvoy app, but I was eventually credited the correct points. The next 2 times I booked directly with Marriott, but I had to fill out missing stay forms for each and they shorted me the amount of the deposit when giving me points. And booking direct only gives you 2pm checkout rather than 4pm. Iím thinking of going back to the Waldorf or trying something new. Really like the Cosmo though.

Search this Thread