Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by btan887
What's with the unannounced category change? This is now a category 3, isnt it supposed to be cat 2?
Part of the great Marriott enhancement whereby room category can go up without notice.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Just did my first stay at this property. Decided to give it a go as I needed another brand in my quest for 10 brands. Can't go wrong on a 2000 baht rate especially when you are checking in at midnight.

I was upgraded to a "Business Room" on a higher floor (6th). I didn't bother even asking if they had any suites. The room was clean, modern and spacious and had a nice view of the Manhattan Hotel across the street. But the room came with extra privileges:
  • Free breakfast in The Eatery
  • Free Grab & Go tea/coffee in The Eatery
  • Free Happy Hour any hour in the amBar
  • Free laundry 1 piece per day
  • Free use of private meeting room 2 hours per stay

So I got buffet breakfast AND 500 pts. Woo-hoo. Didn't use any of the other benefits. I thought the breakfast was very good for lower end hotel. I checked out the rooftop pool and bar and both seemed very inviting.

I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Hotel email address added to the wiki.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:39 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Was it a BRG rate ? 2000 thb seems like years ago and even then it was a special deal.. xD
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cln
Was it a BRG rate ? 2000 thb seems like years ago and even then it was a special deal.. xD
Yes.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:54 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by cln
Especially considering it’s January, 2K THB is a crazy good deal. I think I paid about 4,200 at a similar time a couple of years ago.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
I still can not understand why it is priced with 17500 Points. On the award chart and everywhere else it is still listed as category 2.
The Hotel is also not on the list of category changes coming 05th March.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by tomwhom
You abord Airport link and off the terminal station Phaya Thai then transfer to BTS Sukhmuvit line and off at Nana or Asok station, a few minutes walk from either station to the hotel.
I find the quickest way is the Airport Line to Makkasan, walk down the walkway to Phetchburi MRT (there are elevators between the bottom of the walkway and the MRT for your suitcases, and elevators within the MRT down to the platform), and then next stop and you're at the Sukhumvit MRT/Asoke BTS interchange where (I think) there are also elevators to street level
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:49 am

In respect of Airport Link access ( above), that would work fine to the hotel but not so great going back to the airport: rarely is a seat to be had when getting on at Makkasan ( but generally there is seating from Phaya Thai). Either way doesn’t work great in peak hour, especially access bia MRT/BTS.
I had another really good stay at Four Points. No upgrade to speak of but very comfortable and good value.
Breakfast is very nice and quite relaxing. The only ( first world) negative: whoever sets the dial on the toaster manages to get an exact mark where the bread comes out completely untoasted; put it through a second time and it’s burnt to a crisp.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
I've just checked in and it seems that that have gone back to either points or breakfast. So the offering both did not last long
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lobster
I've just checked in and it seems that that have gone back to either points or breakfast. So the offering both did not last long
I think I got free breakfast because of the room type I was upgraded to.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Is it true that breakfast has gone downhill with no rice and no noodle soup?
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by kevino
I would be very surprised breakfast without rice at any BKK four star hotel, no noodle soup maybe. Anyway I will have one late night stay from BKK arrival 3 days later and report back. This 50th night stay would re-qualify me as Plat, on the way to Titanium at year end.

Last edited by tomwhom; Aug 20, 2019 at 11:22 am
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by kevino
IIRC ( last stay end July), there is always rice ( usually 1 pot of fried , 1 of steamed). The buffet has not declined: it’s pretty comprehensive: Thai, Indian, Japanese, Western. It’s not SGS, PA level but not far short of it ( rather similar to the Westin).
Noodle Soup...I don’t recall as it’s not something I would choose.
They do have a really pathetically inadequate toaster ( a 2 slice, cheap thing from Homepro). The professional toaster went kaput: they must be waiting for a replacement.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by paolo64

IIRC ( last stay end July), there is always rice ( usually 1 pot of fried , 1 of steamed). The buffet has not declined: it’s pretty comprehensive: Thai, Indian, Japanese, Western. It’s not SGS, PA level but not far short of it ( rather similar to the Westin).
I can second this. Just finished breakfast recharging three hours ago from a few hours sleep after long SFO/NRT flight . I’m quite impressed by the quality which can easily beat Courtyard BKK. I can confirm two rice items one is regular steamed jasmine rice another is pork fried rice possibly rotated daily, three items if you count congree. If this breakfast buffet offered in US hotels, should be rated top notch. Even in Bangkok, It’s very solid though may not have varieties like those in Courtyard or royal Sheraton or Marriott Thong Lo. The taste here also very delicoius, Naan bread, my mix and match noodle with Tom Yum soup (HAHA very creative), seared salmon, smoked salmon, fresh water melon and ginger juice(maybe chanegd daily), yes Greece yougurt . A little lacking on fruit variety, unlike Courtyard no my all time favorite passion fruit (I have planted two vines a few years ago and this year alone bearing a few hundred big passion fruits at my backyard in Mountain View). Another area needs to be improved is cheese variety maybe.

I checked in around 10:45pm last night, one day before I saw upgraded to primier from deluxe room. During checkin, I asked whether I got upgraded and was told upgraded to premium then I politely asked any better room available, he said wait please and checked and called then two minutes later I got 48 sqm junior suit, so no complain here for one night short stay.

Courtyard used to be my late arrival flight transit hotel and now it has a solid competitor with better breakfast, Aloft would be distant third unless its rate is very low.

Today I will have my very first stay at Le Meridian followed bySt. Regis , Royal Sheraton and W (another first stay). I have a gut that Le Meridian might be my next favorite BKK Bonvey hotel after Athenee where I had three total stays less then one year and two paid stays got Royal club suit upgrades with SUA and one five-night award got Athenee suit upgrade.

I’m from Marriott side where I first got gold match from United and enjoy all executive benefits though never got suit upgrade.Before merge I always stayed between Marriott 60% and Hiltons 40%, after merge I stayed at least 90% at Bonvey and 10% Hilton(only Waldorf and Hilton Pattaya), now I just find one interesting trend that I prefer former SPG hotels, shocking? Not really, I believe the breakfast policy plays a key role as all SPG hotels no exception provide restaurant breakfast while Marriott Surawongse, JW Marriott and Marriott Marquis only allows lounge breakfast so I will vote with my wallet. Lucklily too many great choices in BKK.

The three remaining Bonvey hotels I have not yet stayed are Westin, SGS and Le Meridian Suvarnabhumi, I think SGS would be my next favorite based on good reviews by Kacee and others. I will stay at SGS later this year.

Kacee likes this.

Last edited by tomwhom; Aug 25, 2019 at 4:07 am
Old Nov 24, 2019, 7:57 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Reading recent reports, is it correct to say that suite upgrades have become more likely at this property since Marriott took over? There seem to be a few FTers who commented getting a suite upgrade in the last 12 months or so. I have never tried 4P because of my (incorrect?) perception that suite upgrades were out of bounds for the most part (similar to Aloft) so I have generally thought there was more value in staying at ROS, LM, MM which are marginally above the price range of 4P.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.