Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
No upgrade to a suit (I have never been upgraded to a suit here apart from when using SNAs) just a premium room.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Lobster
No upgrade to a suit (I have never been upgraded to a suit here apart from when using SNAs) just a premium room.
ic. I was upgraded to suite once..... I think during my last stay
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
The GM here, the new (but not that new)...is super pro-active!

Basically, he found a nice way to deal with the merger...your benefits are attached to the room you stay in...

Meaning...that room gives you free breakfast.....so if you booked a basic room, that your PLAT or above level gives you that better room that comes with free breakfast...you get also the points. He is not breaking any rule....he is just super Elite friendly.

You add to this the free one hour open bar...when you want....so a one hour when you want is way better than a two hours that are fixed....

As am Ambassador level, last time we stay at the 4P...got a free red wine bottle in the room. Drinkable one! Which by itself is a challenge and something I truly appreciated. I know the value of any single bottle in Bangkok...he didn't blow the budget...but what he got was decent...and thoughtfully chosen!

So yes, we don't always have a suite upgrade...bbut for just 3000++b...let put it simply....if you are after the location, this is a treat....if not, ROS is a great deal!
kalo93406, jaejaez and remymartin like this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by maisondubonheur
You add to this the free one hour open bar...when you want....so a one hour when you want is way better than a two hours that are fixed....
That is very dependent upon whether that 2 hr set window is within your sweet spot.

While I think the 1hr at your leisure allowance is novel it is a bit more rushed/hectic than the two hour set time. IMO of course.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Trying to find award nights it still shows kat 2, but them want 17500...

Searching award nights it still shows kat 2, but them want 17500... i checked many dates..always the dame.
did i miss something ??? Did them change back to kat 3 ?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by bertheike
Searching award nights it still shows kat 2, but them want 17500... i checked many dates..always the dame.
did i miss something ??? Did them change back to kat 3 ?
the four points is a cat 3 hotel....it shows as cat 3 as well....
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by Keyser
3 weeks ago i booked 2 nights for totally 25k ( so 12.5 k per night ), and If i request a free night from 9-12 JAN , it still shows as cat. 2 in the list ! but the price now is for cat 3. So them made some changes, even without to communicate them ! Not that fine !
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Keyser
As of a couple of weeks ago it was showing as a Cat 2 along with CY and ROS.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by dsquared37
As of a couple of weeks ago it was showing as a Cat 2 along with CY and ROS.
sucks when they change categories without informing....
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:26 am

same as the LM Suvanabhumi in October it was a cat 2 , i booked for 12.5k. Now it is a cat. 3 for 17.5k.....
Time to use up all point in ROS, as long it is a kar 2.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by zakami
Anyone know the best way to get to the hotel using public transport from BKK? Airport Train? What stop, etc? I know the hotel website lists stops for various options, but I can't tell which is the most efficient one.
You abord Airport link and off the terminal station Phaya Thai then transfer to BTS Sukhmuvit line and off at Nana or Asok station, a few minutes walk from either station to the hotel.
RTWFF likes this.

Last edited by tomwhom; Dec 22, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by tomwhom

You abord Airport link and off the terminal station Phaya Thai then transfer to BTS Sukhmuvit line and off at Nana or Asok station, a few minutes walk from either station to the hotel.
The advantage of getting off at Asoke si that if you exit via either Robinsons or Terminal 21 you can use the escalators to get to street level whereas at Nana you need to lug your bags down steps.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:12 am

on the website them still show as Kat 2 ! Only pricing is like a Kat 3
https://points-redemption.marriott.com/category-change
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:23 pm

It was Cat 2 for my very recent stay (12,500 per night). I used some expiring suite night awards and was very satisfied with the room (416, one bedroom suite, very comfortable but wouldn’t suit anyone with an extreme aversion to noise as it faces the front of the property and is in close proximity to a noisy bar ; it didn’t bother me and it was a great stay). The suite upgrade comes with some benefits ( 1 piece laundry per day, free ‘grab’n’go coffee from the restaurant, some drinks benefit at the bar but I don’t recall the details as I didn’t use it).
The breakfast ( free for PLT in lieu of points) is pretty good these days..comprehensive buffet.
Very attentive, but not intrusive, staff.
I would return here without hesitation when cash rates are good.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:01 pm

What's with the unannounced category change? This is now a category 3, isnt it supposed to be cat 2?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.