Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2010, 9:15 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
That's about the same price as SGS. From your pix, Kalboz, Looks to me like SGS is worlds better. That said, your pix show a breakfast which completely blows away any 4P around here.
Agree 110% that SGS' is better... but the difference in the lowest rates between the two properties stand at Baht 2099++ and that can get you lots of things in Bangkok

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Call SPG customer service and you can buy an electronic one for 1000 Starpoints and use it immediately while making the booking with the same agent or have it wait in your account.
Thank you yosithezet once again you come to the rescue of fellow FTer ^
Old Dec 3, 2010, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Richard1148
How much does the breakfast buffet cost? I currently have 3 nights reserved under the 4 Feel Good Reasons rate of 2500 Baht, which includes breakfast for two (there will be two of us). The 1900 Baht rate is available for the same nights, so I might change to that rate plan depending on the price of the buffet. Can someone who is there now please check the buffet price for me? Thanks.

They charge 650.00 per person for the buffet.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Just did a one night stay in room 520, 2 more to go. My overall impression:

There is still construction going on, I wouldn't stay here if you are noise
sensitive in the mornings, the sound of concrete drilling radiates through
the building. I stay up late, so sleep during the day is essential. Hopefully this will not longer be an issue when its your turn here.

The Gym has nicely equipped. They've got two of each kind of bikes: (x-train, treadmill, bikes). 5 to 50lbs dumbbells and a corner cable machine. It does look under construction in there.

Also, things are still a bit dusty as expected with construction going on
around the building. I've been tracking foot prints all over the building.

My room was nice, though they forgot my shampoo. All I had were bars of soap. Not a big deal. Couldn't figure out how to play my ipod on the TV, and as SPG Gold, I got cupcakes!

I also got a nice hand written welcome note.

Not bad... ^
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, UA 1K, SPG Plat, marriott plat
Free Night

Thinking about using 3500 for a free night here. Any thoughts on that action?

Will they charge me tax and vat on a free night?
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Welcome to FT, swampfox1001!

I've never been charged tax on an award night. The rates at this hotel are so low right now, I don't think it's worth using points. Though I am wondering how you're getting a 3500 point rate - it should be 4000.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, UA 1K, SPG Plat, marriott plat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Welcome to FT, swampfox1001!

I've never been charged tax on an award night. The rates at this hotel are so low right now, I don't think it's worth using points. Though I am wondering how you're getting a 3500 point rate - it should be 4000.
Thanks for the info

Lowest rate I can get comes out to about $89 after base rate plus tax and vat.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by swampfox1001
Thinking about using 3500 for a free night here. Any thoughts on that action?

Will they charge me tax and vat on a free night?
its 3k points for a weekend night & 4k for weekdays....
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by swampfox1001
Thanks for the info

Lowest rate I can get comes out to about $89 after base rate plus tax and vat.
what date are you looking at????we are all getting a thb 1,900 rate which comes out to about $75 including all taxes....
Old Dec 5, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
April prices upto to 3700B ++ room only. No cash and points available. Getting too close to WGS pricing levels now.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:47 pm

Programs: United: LifetimeGold, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt:Globalist, Hilton:Diamond, IHG:Diamond
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
April prices upto to 3700B ++ room only. No cash and points available. Getting too close to WGS pricing levels now.
This price is way too high for 4P hotel, especially Thai Baht is worth more to US dollar right now.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:02 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by yang1980
This price is way too high for 4P hotel, especially Thai Baht is worth more to US dollar right now.
Since all Hotels in Bkk charge in THB, exchange rates are completely irrelevant. I agree however that at THB3700 I rather stay at the SGS.
S
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:25 pm

Also, it's just much harder for me to book a 4P for THB 3,700.00 when the memories of booking SGS for THB 3,200.00 is still so vivid in my memory....
Old Dec 6, 2010, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by jaejaez
Also, it's just much harder for me to book a 4P for THB 3,700.00 when the memories of booking SGS for THB 3,200.00 is still so vivid in my memory....
Absolutemente ! Just spent 5 nites here and loved the place. Canceled award booking and I got in on that Ebookers 60chf off deal and was paying $10/nite. Don't think I'd pay more than 2500 though. Lotsa nice options 2000-2500 in BKK these days and more coming online all the time. It'll be interesting to see what the Aloft on 11 looks like. I'm seeing a jazzed up Citadines. Doubt there'll be a 30 page thread on it though. wj
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:02 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by zakami
Anyone know the best way to get to the hotel using public transport from BKK? Airport Train? What stop, etc? I know the hotel website lists stops for various options, but I can't tell which is the most efficient one.
You could show this to the taxi driver at the airport.

I'll try to improve the quality in the coming days.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet
You could show this to the taxi driver at the airport.

I'll try to improve the quality in the coming days.
thanks yosithezet....very helpful....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.