Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Cannes, France [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 30, 17, 3:56 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: ssafro1
Wiki Link
* No Exec Lounge: gold/platinum members get complementary buffet breakfast at the restaurant with a nice outdoor seating area

* Restaurant is closed for dinner during the low season

* Parking is available at the hotel for 40 euros a night. There is a public parking garage (called L'Amy) that is a 5 minute walk from the hotel and charges ~18 euros for up to 24 hours.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 2, 10, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold

http://www.travelweekly.com/article3_ektid225178.aspx

Marriott has signed a deal to rebrand the Palais Stephanie hotel in Cannes, France, as a JW Marriott early next year.

The hotel, located on the city’s famed La Croisette, was built on the former site of the Palais des Festivals of Cannes, the original site of the International Film Festival from its inception in 1946 to the mid-1980s.

Recently renovated, the hotel has a modern design that reflects its film heritage, including tributes to legendary film stars like Sophia Loren, Brigitte Bardot and Elizabeth Taylor.

The hotel will have 261 guestrooms, a heated rooftop pool and one of Cannes' only private sandy beaches.
Old Dec 2, 10, 8:36 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Gold
Not familiar with the hotel, but it's good news for Marriott to have a second property on the French Riviera.
Old Dec 8, 10, 12:02 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
I stayed at this property in 2000 when it was the Hilton Noga.

Great location, beautiful rooms. WAYYYY better than the Marriott Monte Carlo (which we also stayed at on the same trip).

Breakfasts overlooking the riviera and beach were spectacular--and free as a Hilton Diamond. But since this will be a resort, no doubt, no free breakfasts for Platinums....
Old Dec 8, 10, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well if I ever get sent to the Cannes Film Festival this will be great!

Cheers.
Old Dec 8, 10, 10:43 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by travelexpert View Post
I stayed at this property in 2000 when it was the Hilton Noga.

Great location, beautiful rooms. WAYYYY better than the Marriott Monte Carlo (which we also stayed at on the same trip).

Breakfasts overlooking the riviera and beach were spectacular--and free as a Hilton Diamond. But since this will be a resort, no doubt, no free breakfasts for Platinums....
Didn't recognize the property from the photos as the Noga, but that would be very nice. We stayed at the Noga years ago, and it was a great property.
Old Jan 8, 11, 4:26 pm

Any updates on this property?
Old Jan 8, 11, 11:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Flag this messageRE: JW Marriott - Guest reservationMonday, 13 December, 2010, 9:08 PMFrom: "Cecile Loirat" <[email protected]>Add sender to ContactsTo: "'Lee Klein'" <[email protected]>Cc: "'Stéphanie Pagliuzza'" <[email protected]>, [email protected]ear Mr ........,

Nice to read you.
Thank you for your interest and as soon as we have informations and connexion with Mariott reservation centers we will keep you informed
This will not be before bedinning of 2011
. We do not have an exact date yet
Thank you

Cécile Poulain/Loirat
Executive Sales & Marketing Secretary
Hôtel Palais Stéphanie Cannes
50, La Croisette - BP224
06414 Cannes Cedex
Tel: +33 (0)4 92 99 70 75
Fax: +33 (0)4 92 99 70 17

www.facebook.com/HotelPalaisStephanie
www.facebook.com/HotelAmbassadeur
Originally Posted by doctor View Post
Any updates on this property?
Old Jan 9, 11, 9:43 pm
Suspended

The Palais Stephanie now on Marriott.com, however it is not bookable (I tried dates thru December)

QUOTE=doctor;15614153]Any updates on this property?[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 12, 11, 10:03 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
The official Marriott release on the same date:

http://news.marriott.com/2010/12/lig...to-cannes.html
Old Jan 17, 11, 3:15 am
Suspended

The new JW in Cannes is now found on Marriott.com --- no senior, AAA, or other rates offered, nor can you book using points but the hotel is finally bookable

Originally Posted by BKKLEE View Post
The Palais Stephanie now on Marriott.com, however it is not bookable (I tried dates thru December)

QUOTE=doctor;15614153]Any updates on this property?
[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 17, 11, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by BKKLEE View Post
The new JW in Cannes is now found on Marriott.com --- no senior, AAA, or other rates offered, nor can you book using points but the hotel is finally bookable
[/QUOTE]

Darn!
Old Jan 17, 11, 5:48 pm
Suspended

and rates START at only Euro320+ !!!! (while rates at the Marriott Cap d'Ail, Monaco, which is roughly 20 miles east, are only Euro 189) and least I forget only a Euro35/night parking fee!

Darn![/QUOTE]

Last edited by BKKLEE; Jan 17, 11 at 7:38 pm
Old Mar 16, 11, 8:51 am

Booked award stay for July.

Prior trip report would be appreciated, especially any plat amneities.
Old May 26, 11, 4:18 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, PC Plat, Hertz Gold
Anybody stay at this property yet? The reviews on Tripadvisor are not so flattering. The location looks great, however I've read many complaints about the pool being old/rundown and the rooms not being up to par yet. I'm thinking about burning some points here this summer but don't want to spend 35K a night on a property that is not yet up to the JW standard. Would also love to know how they treat elites--thanks!
Old May 28, 11, 5:58 am
Original Member

A very pleasant surprise!

Greetings from the J.W.Mariott in Cannes. My wife and I are here for a four nite stay on an award. I was a little reluctant to book a recently rebranded hotel. Usually that means they put up new signage and then undertake renovations. But, I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms have been recently renovated and are spectacular. Lots of rich dark woods and great photos of movie stars of of the past in the rooms and hallways. The lobby is a tad tired, but not very much. The rooftop pool and deck are magnificent. Like most luxury hotels the food and beverage prices are staggering. The 29€ club sandwich and the 35€ continental breakfast. But then of course there is a market and lots of bistros in walking distance.

The location of the hotel is magnificent. Across the street are the beach clubs. This hotel does not operate one but it's 1/2 price for guests at the one across the street. 13€ which includes umbrellas, towels and padded chaise lounges. The room rates while high are about 50% less than comparable properties but that probably won't last.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: