Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Marina del Rey, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

What should my expectations be as far as receiving a Club Level upgrade, or any other perks, at this property. I may be a Platinum by my date of arrival.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 5:20 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Your expectations should be not to expect an upgrade.

Upgrades to suites or Club level not included at The Ritz-Carlton.
For more info see #13 in the Elite Membership General at this link to Marriott Rewards Terms & Conditions.
msp3 likes this.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Dec 1, 2010 at 5:32 am
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
But ask for a room w/ marina view! BTW - there's a restaurant close to there called Cafe del Rey, which also is next to the marina. Good food, wine list, and view.

Cheers.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, SPG, UA, AA, Delta
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
But ask for a room w/ marina view! BTW - there's a restaurant close to there called Cafe del Rey, which also is next to the marina. Good food, wine list, and view.

Cheers.
Ditto on Cafe del Rey. I'll be at the MDR Ritz in two weeks. Hope you have a car as nothing else is walkable from there.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by ClayPIT
Ditto on Cafe del Rey. I'll be at the MDR Ritz in two weeks. Hope you have a car as nothing else is walkable from there.
Well in fairness, some of the restaurants are (Cafe del Rey, Charthouse, Cheesecake Factory) & Mother's Beach (note to anyone: DON'T go in the water at MB; flunks all the water tests). But about 10 min away is place to rent bikes to go up/down the 'strand' along the ocean, and the 'real ocean' is about a 15 minute walk. My guess is someone might get the RC limo to drop them off at the ocean at the edge of Washington, which is the border of Venice.

Cheers.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
My guess is someone might get the RC limo to drop them off at the ocean at the edge of Washington, which is the border of Venice.
Is the limo available for trips within a certain radius?
Will they pick-up/take people to LAX upon request, how much would they charge???
Old Dec 4, 2010, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by danola
Is the limo available for trips within a certain radius?
Will they pick-up/take people to LAX upon request, how much would they charge???
No idea. I just made the assumption they had a limo as it's a RC. I've stayed at the Bev Hills Hilton & they have a limo which will take you to shops within a couple mile radius, which includes the shopping in Bev Hills. So figured a RC would have one. Only way to know is to contact the property.

Cheers.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
With Marriotts policy of closing our domestic lounges over the weekend I don't normally stay at Marriotts on the weekends (and lounge access is the primary benefit I enjoy out of my Plat status) however I will be at LAX over the Labor day weekend and our corporate rate seems to make this a very good choice (at least rate wise) compared to what I can get at the LAX area other Marriott (and competing brand) properties so I'm considering this property.

I've never stayed here and am wondering if there are any 2011 updates regarding the following (or just other 2011 input)

1. I know u/g's are not the policy but did you get one as a Plat in 11?
2. Parking Rates (Day parking is $12 for the first hour, $3 each additonal hour, maximum of $27 for the day

) or close by offsite parking that is cheaper? Street parking?
3. Since I'm a coffee junkie, is there a SBUX within walking distance
4. RC Limo, still exist? ? above was never answered on LAX pick up? cost? where will it take you?
5. whats the health club like?
6. other tidbits that might be helpful to know

Last edited by TrojanHorse; Aug 20, 2011 at 10:30 am
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
With Marriotts policy of closing our domestic lounges over the weekend I don't normally stay at Marriotts on the weekends (and lounge access is the primary benefit I enjoy out of my Plat status) however I will be at LAX over the Labor day weekend and our corporate rate seems to make this a very good choice (at least rate wise) compared to what I can get at the LAX area other Marriott (and competing brand) properties so I'm considering this property.

I've never stayed here and am wondering if there are any 2011 updates regarding the following (or just other 2011 input)

1. I know u/g's are not the policy but did you get one as a Plat in 11?
2. Parking Rates (Day parking is $12 for the first hour, $3 each additonal hour, maximum of $27 for the day

) or close by offsite parking that is cheaper? Street parking?
3. Since I'm a coffee junkie, is there a SBUX within walking distance
4. RC Limo, still exist? ? above was never answered on LAX pick up? cost? where will it take you?
5. whats the health club like?
6. other tidbits that might be helpful to know
1. I doubt you'll get one. RC brand seems to be holding firm to the you don't get an upgrade, just some bonus points.
2. If the website says that's what it is, that's probably what it is. Re: closeby offsite parking - don't think so. You're on a parkway so no street parking. There are some shopping malls & also restaurant parking lots nearby, but I don't think they allow overnight parking.
3. I think there's a SBX in either direction - 10-15 minute walk.
4. Don't know - call the property.
5. Never been.
6. No idea.

Cheers.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 12:17 am

Programs: AA-LEP,United-1K Again!, USAIR-CHRMN, MW Plat Prem, SW-Gold, Hilton-Silver, Hertz-Platnium
A few months back, we checked into this property. We had booked a Club Level Room, Corporate Rate. When we arrived, they actually did provide us with an upgrade, however, the room was not ready. They told us it would be ready in 2 hours. We walked around the property a bit and then went to the restaurant for a bite to eat. We received a call about 90 minutes after checking in stating that our room was ready. They gaves us the keys, and off we went. Imagine my shock when I opened the door (which had a do not disturb sign on the door) and there were suitcases and flipflops. We quickly went down to the front desk where they insisted that the room was unoccupied. A Bellman was sent to the room who indeed verified there was stuff in it. Housekeeping was called. End of story, almost 3 1/2 hours after we arrived - it was determined that housekeeping saw no baggage in the room for two days, so the hotel returned the room to inventory. Obviously someone was in there. Several other things went wrong. We ended up checking out and going down to Laguna Nigel. In defense of the MDR Ritz, they did not charge us for anything and they called the Laguna Ritz to ensure we were taken care of. We will go back to the MDR one more time, but it did have a rough day. To answer the OP's question, yes, they do upgrade.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite
We just stayed at this property on a Redemption stay, we did recieve a 1000pts plat arrival bonus, we were offered the car but we decided to walk to Venice Beach (only 15 mins walk) - the car was available only after 5pm and can't remember what time cut off was. We were there for 1 night (Friday)

This is a great property - the service was excellent. I contacted internet services via email before our stay and arranged early check-in and check-out. Also we got an excellent room overlooking the Marina think it was 1128

We paid points for Club level room and did enjoy the lounge
Old Aug 31, 2011, 5:47 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by ukswift88
We just stayed at this property on a Redemption stay, we did recieve a 1000pts plat arrival bonus, we were offered the car but we decided to walk to Venice Beach (only 15 mins walk) - the car was available only after 5pm and can't remember what time cut off was. We were there for 1 night (Friday)

This is a great property - the service was excellent. I contacted internet services via email before our stay and arranged early check-in and check-out. Also we got an excellent room overlooking the Marina think it was 1128

We paid points for Club level room and did enjoy the lounge
how many points is the CL access?
Old Aug 31, 2011, 8:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
Though the Ritz treatment was nice, the Marriott was better for location. The Ritz left me isolated since I was going to spend the time near and around Venice Beach anyways. Too long of a walk and the limo was not reliable to get ya part of the way at that time. I had a car and did not want to drive over to the restaurants on Washington. So, again, kind of isolated, unless you are there just for the property or headed elsewhere to do stuff.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 1:00 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite
Upgrade to club level was 20000 (4x5000)... We were celebrating our honeymoon so decided it was worth it.

Breakfast, lunch, evening cocktail reception and desserts are served. Plus free wifi and printing.

There is a full bar with champagne, wine, spirits and soft drinks. Plus the staff in there are really welcoming and will provide concierge services.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL Kryptonium & Diamond & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
We stayed there for a wedding in march. The service was superb and we enjoyed the location. It's about 10/15 minute walk to Venice beach, but it's very picturesque. We were able to walk to many nice restaurants even closer than the beach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.