Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2023, 11:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Yeah, interesting, it looks like the "Member Rate Reconnect and Celebrate" is sub-$600 but only on sporadic dates (presumably when they have unsold rooms)... lowest rate on numerous nights in Feb is still above $1k (and it was about $1200 our nights, which made points worth spending).

I forgot to mention -- they said that as Ambassador the full buffet was included with no upcharge, which was nice. (Still had to pick breakfast as the amenity, but it's a solid amenity.) Made-to-order omelets and eggs were quite good and the buffet quality was high (passionfruit, dragonfruit, good berries, good salmon, meats/cheese, etc.). One mimosa per person is also included at breakfast!
Great to know, thank you! Last year as Titanium, they told us we would have to pay for the upcharge, but only some servers required it - nice to hear as Ambassador it should be the full buffet.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 10:23 pm

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Ken C
Anyone visit this property with kids under 10? Is there any daily resort activities for kids? Plan to have a car so any recommended day trips would be appreciated also.
Yes, there are many activities for children. Every morning there was one scheduled activity with resort staff. This included kite making, bracelet making, face painting, scavenger hunt, etc. There is also a bubble ceremony every evening, which is the children's version of the champagne sabering. It was fun, they provided non-alcoholic beverages and we noticed they handed out better toys earlier in the week when there was lower attendance.

We did the water obstacle course, life vests were available in all sizes adults & kids. Kayaking and biking were kid friendly options. Most children seemed to spend their time in or at the pool, at the beach in the sand or the ocean, or enjoying the grounds activities like soccer ball, volleyball.

The zero entry pool area was perfect for our toddler. There were floats and beach balls available around the pool. There were more children than adults in the hot tub. The beach bar has a bin full of sand toys for the taking. There are oversized connect four games around the pool & beach area. There are kid size soccer nets and balls. There is a volleyball net and balls. There are two bocce courts. There are pickleball and tennis.

We did the nature tour, which I suggest booking upon arrival. We went to the kids club once which had a nice selection of toys & games but we weren't looking to spend much time indoors. My son enjoyed being whisked around the property in the golf carts. Speaking of which, we took golf carts to the wellness center which had a surprisingly a highlight. The nice folks at the juice bar have a stash of bird & fish food, and on the back deck, you can feed the fish, turtles and red headed ducks. This is a hidden gem. We filled our feed cup many times and tipped the juice bar staff accordingly. There is also the nightly coy fish feeding at Casa Grande. We enjoyed both but the wellness center feeding was far & away the better experience.

We enjoyed spotting the large lizard Komodo dragons(?) on the property. The dragons should have been part of the scavenger hunt instead of clouds, trees and rocks. Honestly the scavenger hunt needs a refurb but at least they gave us a sweet treat upon completion.

We enjoyed the turndown cookies and the welcome gift toy bag in our room upon arrival. Housekeeping had a toddler size robe & slippers delivered.

Otherwise, the nature of this place was enough to keep us all entertained. My three year old was never bored and did not want to leave.
bizum likes this.

Last edited by Mangus; Mar 28, 2023 at 10:02 pm
Old Mar 9, 2023, 11:48 am

We stayed six nights and had no issue finding food. We did stop at a grocery store the night before check-in where I purchased mangos, bananas, avocados & Coquito for the room. Coquito is Puerto Rican spiked eggnog and highly recommended. Otherwise, all meals were from on property. Menus from Seagrapes, St Regis Bar, Paros, Beach Club & Cocoteros:

bizum likes this.

Last edited by Mangus; Mar 11, 2023 at 10:10 pm
Old Mar 26, 2023, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Jetblue
Thanks for posting these menus. What are the spaces like for each restaurant any need to make reservations ahead of time?

Booked for the week of Easter. Anyone have the email for concierge/chief butler to make some reservations off resort?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Thanks for posting these menus. What are the spaces like for each restaurant any need to make reservations ahead of time?

Booked for the week of Easter. Anyone have the email for concierge/chief butler to make some reservations off resort?
[email protected]

Reserve Paros and St. Regis Bar. If you like live music, ask which nights they'll have it at the bar, but definitely make a reservation.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 5:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mangus
We stayed six nights and had no issue finding food. We did stop at a grocery store the night before check-in where I purchased mangos, bananas, avocados & Coquito for the room. Coquito is Puerto Rican spiked eggnog and highly recommended. Otherwise, all meals were from on property. Menus from Seagrapes, St Regis Bar, Paros, Beach Club & Cocoteros
Thanks for posting! How was Cocoteros? That was the one place we didn't end up getting to on our last trip.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 8:19 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
I went to book a stay here today, but all the rates presented are effectively all prepaid rates. They call the rates "Member Flexible Rate" but the fine print says "To ensure that you receive this special rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of $[about 80% of total stay cost] USD on April 10, 2023" as well a full penalty if cancelled within 90 days of stay. In addition to being a bit disingenuous calling this a "Flexible Rate", I'd prefer to not tie up my money for many months in advance. I have never stayed at this property before, is this normal for them?
Old Apr 9, 2023, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
I went to book a stay here today, but all the rates presented are effectively all prepaid rates. They call the rates "Member Flexible Rate" but the fine print says "To ensure that you receive this special rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of $[about 80% of total stay cost] USD on April 10, 2023" as well a full penalty if cancelled within 90 days of stay. In addition to being a bit disingenuous calling this a "Flexible Rate", I'd prefer to not tie up my money for many months in advance. I have never stayed at this property before, is this normal for them?
So, as to whether this is normal, yes and no --

The yes is that I pulled up a flexible rate for September 26, 2023 for three nights and it indeed says that to receive this "special rate," it will take a deposit of essentially the full pre-tax room rate tomorrow. This deposit itself is normal, even for a flexible rate. (I've made a few such reservations that I've subsequently canceled, and the refund has always come immediately, proactively.)

The no is that the cancellation deadline is typically much closer in than 90 days -- and, indeed, for my search it showed 14 days (with full refund if canceled by September 12).

Which dates are you searching? If it's a holiday or other high-demand period, then I would be inclined to view the 90-day cancel window as anomalous and based on that.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 3:13 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist

Which dates are you searching? If it's a holiday or other high-demand period, then I would be inclined to view the 90-day cancel window as anomalous and based on that.
Every date I have looked at in 2024 has the 90-day cancellation
Old Apr 10, 2023, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Every date I have looked at in 2024 has the 90-day cancellation
I just tried two dates, one in Jan and one in Feb, and both had 30 days. Not sure what to say other than book now and then look again closer to the 90-day cancellation date to cancel and rebook at potentially more favorable terms. No way around having your funds tied up though.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 8:22 am

I just tried two dates, one in Jan and one in Feb, and both had 30 days. Not sure what to say other than book now and then look again closer to the 90-day cancellation date to cancel and rebook at potentially more favorable terms. No way around having your funds tied up though.
Weird, ok thanks. Given how far away this is, I was more worried about the prepayment than the terms anyway. Sounds like that is just SOP for this property though.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 12:58 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Jetblue
Just did 5 nights on points, pretty decent cpp reception considering last time I checked they were getting $1700/night for a base room. Overall the hard product is fantastic, it’s a really nice gated complex with tons of activities for kids/teenagers which sort of makes up for the resort fee.

The service is subpar for this brand. In their defense it was a peak week and sold out so you could tell the staff was inundated.

The lobster rice is a must try at Paros, it’s a very large portion and enough to share.

The birds at Seagrapes in the AM for breakfast are enough to ruin your experience.

Best smart casual dinner recommend for San Juan is Jose Enrique, try the fish fry.
bizum likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 1:18 pm

The birds at Seagrapes in the AM for breakfast are enough to ruin your experience.
The birds seem to get worse and worse, despite the cats that they got to drive them out.

They should give you instructions at breakfast -- always leave at least one person at the table for every 3 people who have food or beverage at the table or else the birds will drink your mimosas and carry away your croissants. One person can shoo birds from their own plate and two others, but not from three others.
Old May 3, 2023, 4:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
Anyone stay here and do a day trip to Old San Juan? Did you pre-arrange transportation back & forth? How is Uber here? There is a brewery ~4 mi away that I wanted to check out, but not sure how I will get there.
Old May 3, 2023, 5:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by newbiztraveler
How is Uber here?
I had no issues with Uber when I had a December 2022 stay at a different hotel.

You may wish to inquire whether the hotel has a designated pick-up point for Uber (mine did).

Lyft does not currently operate in Puerto Rico.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.