Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]

The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]

Old Aug 20, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
We just finished a 5 night stay at this BEAUTIFUL resort and here are my feelings:

PROS:

-- Property is just gorgeous and you can get lost in all the greenery and nature
-- Staff are very friendly and helpful
-- Rooms are beautiful and really of a good size with large bathrooms and balconies. 4 people per room and you would still be very comfortable. We had booked three rooms for 4 adults, 4 kids, and 1 20month old.
-- Pools are amazing and lots of chairs to go around
-- Beach is just gorgeous, very secluded and peaceful. We swam everyday and it wasn't too rough and even my kids enjoyed it. The water was very clean as was the beach.
-- Breakfast was included for all of us as we were all elite level.
-- Coffee was delivered every morning on the dot and if they weren't on the dot -- maybe 5 mins late by the butler service.

CONS:

-- The resort fee of $75 per day plus the tax on that
-- The nickel and diming of everything -- ask for some extra pita bread for the hummus and they charge $8. The dish was $14.
-- Elites get the continental breakfast only -- cold buffet -- any hot stuff like like an omelet or fried eggs would be charged an extra $9.
-- the prices are on the high side for all food and services -- asked for a hot chocolate from the butler service and they don't provide that. They would get it from in room dining which comes out to something like $16 for one hot chocolate.
-- it seems that they try to help but they can only go so far. They don't really have other options for you -- but I noticed this with the whole island.

I tried to use my SNA's but they didn't go thru. In the end, we didn't really require the suite upgrade since all of our rooms were together and that made things easier.

Would I go here again -- of course. I was able to book this property at 60,000points and now it is 85,000.

If you have any questions -- please ask and I will try my best to answer them.
bhrubin and 1readyset2go like this.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 8:49 am

The resort fee at this property recently increased from $75 to $85. Anyone have any experience at this resort receiving an alternative amenity for Platinum and above guests? Also, if booked before the increase, anyone have any luck getting charged the old fee.

A little annoyed, in the four months since booking this resort for our family trip, they have discontinued accepting suite night awards, reduced the breakfast to just the continental, and increased the resort fee.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 10:05 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Dsm1012
The resort fee at this property recently increased from $75 to $85. Anyone have any experience at this resort receiving an alternative amenity for Platinum and above guests? Also, if booked before the increase, anyone have any luck getting charged the old fee.

A little annoyed, in the four months since booking this resort for our family trip, they have discontinued accepting suite night awards, reduced the breakfast to just the continental, and increased the resort fee.
I would ask the hotel to honor what was true when you booked: a lower resort fee and a better breakfasts benefit, at least. Nothing you can do about the SNAs.

Despite those changes, I can tell you that the property is wonderful. And still worth it.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 1:28 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Anyone have an email contact for this property? Trying to figure out excursions and tours we can take from there.

any advice for local restaurants also appreciated. We will be there for a week in January without a car.

thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2019, 1:43 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Anyone have an email contact for this property? Trying to figure out excursions and tours we can take from there.

any advice for local restaurants also appreciated. We will be there for a week in January without a car.

thanks!
Here you go. Enjoy!

[email protected]

The Bahia Beach Club near the hotel (either a nice walk along the beach or a complimentary golf cart ride) has a very nice and casual restaurant. We enjoyed the food and service. But we ate most of our meals otherwise on property.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 1:44 pm

there really isnt anything within walking distance, food or otherwise.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 3:55 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Thanks very much, bh and swin!

Should we be considering a car? That hadn't crossed our minds before but maybe . . . . ?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 9:21 am

Should we be considering a car? That hadn't crossed our minds before but maybe . . . . ?
We got a car at the airport when we arrived. Only reason we had a car was because we wanted to see different attractions during our week there. Naturally this adds further cost to your hotel bill due to parking fee and valet tips and what not. We might have gone stir crazy if we stayed on property the entire week. to each their own though.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 9:24 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

With pleasure!

We rented a car since it was so inexpensive and since we wanted to explore the island and El Yunque National Park a bit. You also can try for Uber from and back to the airport if youre planning to largely stay at the resort or only want to go into San Juan proper once or twice (since parking can be a pain and surprisingly expensive in San Juan depending on where youre going).
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Looking forward to visiting this place. Apparently there was an extensive $60 million renovation following Hurricane Maria.

The renovation touches every guestroom and suite, Casa Grande, the heart of the resort where guests enjoy The St. Regis Bar and Paros, the property’s signature restaurant, the seaside pool and esplanade, and the spa.

Each space and room underwent a ground-up transformation, by celebrated Puerto Rican designer Nono Maldonado together with Hirsch Bedner Associates of San Francisco.

The 139 refurbished rooms and suites boast a light, modern and organic aesthetic, inspired by the property’s surrounding sea, sand and foliage.

Last edited by Johnny Rocket; Nov 6, 2019 at 3:53 pm
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Any suggestions on where to have dinner near the hotel? We will be there for 5 nights after Christmas (including NYE), and will likely get bored with just one restaurant on-premises open in the evenings. Will probably rent a car, but still on the fence about that one too.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop
Any suggestions on where to have dinner near the hotel? We will be there for 5 nights after Christmas (including NYE), and will likely get bored with just one restaurant on-premises open in the evenings. Will probably rent a car, but still on the fence about that one too.
take a right out of the hotel and head towards the small town. once you get into town, we ate at a restaurant which was sort of across the street from a church. certainly not 5 star dining but seemed like more of a local spot than touristy and we enjoyed it. there may have been more further on but we didnt continue.
callmedtop likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:57 am

Do not plan to eat at the hotel, the food just isn't that good. The Paros restaurant at the hotel was very disappointing. So there's a strip of restaurants about a 15 minute drive from the hotel. The best two are La Parilla and Terruno. Our favorite was Terruno. The best higher end dinner we had (near-ish to the hotel) was in Fajardo at Restaurant Pasion por el Fogon. Also, don't sleep on El Verde BBQ.I would also consider taking an hour drive into Guavate for a pig roast, but you want to go very early (around 5-6pm) much later than that and it shuts down.
callmedtop likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:11 am

Very helpful tips on food. Looked them all up and will try to make it to at least one. Any recommendations on things to do outside of the hotel? Going for 4 days in February.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by SantiC
Very helpful tips on food. Looked them all up and will try to make it to at least one. Any recommendations on things to do outside of the hotel? Going for 4 days in February.
we rented a car and i think it is a nessecity if you want to see anything in PR. Window cave was a nice drive and a nice spot to tour. I would also recommend doing the zip lines at Toro Verde adventure park. Was very fun, if you are into that sort of thing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.