Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Does this property have a lounge?

Also, anyone know how much they charge for kids breakfasts?

What would be the replacement amenity for the free internet that elites already receive which is part of the $75 resort fee?

Going in August ... with another family and kids.
Old May 24, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by anaggie
Does this property have a lounge?

Also, anyone know how much they charge for kids breakfasts?

What would be the replacement amenity for the free internet that elites already receive which is part of the $75 resort fee?

Going in August ... with another family and kids.
No
No idea
Good luck
Have fun!

Also - after I was downgraded from a confirmed SNA, it took about 4 emails, 2 calls, and 6 weeks to get my SNAs back into my account. Would still return in a heartbeat for the luxury of being able to lounge under a palapa at the end of the beach and order drinks by text while the waves come crashing in, though ^
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Had a very nice stay.

Our flights were canceled twice and delayed on the third day. The Front Desk Manager (Jose) allow us to move our stay to adjust for the new flights. Southwest allow use to push back our return by two days. This was GREAT.

1. We did not rent a car we used Elegant Steering their email is [email protected]. There where 5 of us and about 8 bags. I was a nice new large SUV. Cost $100 each way for everyone. We also stopped at the grocery store that stop was worth it many times over. I would recommend.

2. I found a place that would deliver to the St. Regis. Koko Pizza. Highly recommended. The biggest problem was some days they did not delivery. They will also bring you Beer and Soda. https://www.facebook.com/kokos.pizza.bar/ Taco where great and Pizza was great. Their Menu is here https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...7&ff=362407012
bhrubin likes this.

Last edited by MileHighColorado; Jun 7, 2019 at 4:51 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:39 pm

Does anyone know the difference between Superior and Deluxe rooms?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by SantiC
Does anyone know the difference between Superior and Deluxe rooms?
Slight difference in room size - about 50 sq feet. And location on the property. But that's it.
Attached Images  
bhrubin and SantiC like this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by slariz
Slight difference in room size - about 50 sq feet. And location on the property. But that's it.
Thanks a lot! Very helpful. Do you know which ones are the bigger rooms? The Superior seems to be the better option location wise at least.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by SantiC
Thanks a lot! Very helpful. Do you know which ones are the bigger rooms? The Superior seems to be the better option location wise at least.
Deluxe rooms are bigger than superior. I think if my memory is correct, the buildings where the superior rooms are located have more rooms and are located in busier areas of the resort so they may have more foot traffic and less privacy on their balconies. But they are closer to the pool and Plantation house so you won’t need to call for golf carts to get those places. Still, the resort isn’t huge so even from the farthest rooms, it still is a quick walk to the pool and beach.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA CK; Marriott Plat
Tried to apply Suite Night Awards, get an error saying no availability even though suites show up. Asked Bonvoy twitter support and they said "the use of Suite Night Awards are subject to availability and identified (designated) by the Hotel.".

No idea what that even means.

Has anyone used SNAs with this hotel?
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:06 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by nocod
Tried to apply Suite Night Awards, get an error saying no availability even though suites show up. Asked Bonvoy twitter support and they said "the use of Suite Night Awards are subject to availability and identified (designated) by the Hotel.".

No idea what that even means.

Has anyone used SNAs with this hotel?
Yes, if you read through the thread of search the Bonvoy SNA thread you will find many examples of SNAs working here.

What the Twitter support likely meant is that there are no suites in the SNA pool available for the dates of your stay. And for the millionth time, online suite availability does NOT necessarily mean there is a suite that was designated for the SNA pool.

How long is your stay? What is your elite status? If you’re Plat, any Titaniums or Ambassadors who applied SNAs will have priority over you.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA CK; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bhrubin
What the Twitter support likely meant is that there are no suites in the SNA pool available for the dates of your stay. And for the millionth time, online suite availability does NOT necessarily mean there is a suite that was designated for the SNA pool.
OK, I thought you could always request SNA upgrades at participating hotels and it's then just dependent on availability if they will actually clear. Feels like a counterintuitive system that you can't even make the request in anticipation of lack of future availability.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:05 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
OK, I thought you could always request SNA upgrades at participating hotels and it's then just dependent on availability if they will actually clear. Feels like a counterintuitive system that you can't even make the request in anticipation of lack of future availability.
It is dependent on availability for the duration of the stay...for the pool of suites allocated to the SNA pool. Not all suites have to be included.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by bhrubin

Yes, if you read through the thread of search the Bonvoy SNA thread you will find many examples of SNAs working here.

How long is your stay? What is your elite status? If you’re Plat, any Titaniums or Ambassadors who applied SNAs will have priority over you.
Sounds like a miscommunication here. Sounds like nocod is not even able to put in the SNA request on Marriott.com, not that the request isn't being confirmed.

nocod, SNAs do work here but I don't think there's a solution for the general Marriott/Bonvoy problem of SNAs not working (i.e., you can't even make the request) on certain reservations for no apparent reason, which has caused me to book away from Marriott in some cases
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:02 pm

I wonder if this is an error. Applied some suite nights to an upcoming stay awhile ago. Changed dates recently and an receiving the same message that they can’t be applied. It’s for a stay in October with a lot of availability in all classes of rooms.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:33 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Sounds like a miscommunication here. Sounds like nocod is not even able to put in the SNA request on Marriott.com, not that the request isn't being confirmed.

nocod, SNAs do work here but I don't think there's a solution for the general Marriott/Bonvoy problem of SNAs not working (i.e., you can't even make the request) on certain reservations for no apparent reason, which has caused me to book away from Marriott in some cases
Look on the SNA thread. My workaround in the wiki will help sometimes.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT

Before I forget or lose the card, this guy provides a very reasonable taxi rate from the property. Husband doesn’t speak much English, wife speaks English. My review will be coming soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.