Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center MIA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center MIA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
next month i had a 5 day work trip to miami that just got reduced to 1 day instead....i was booked at the element miami doral but am now considering shifting the stay to either this property or the element miami airport....i get in late at night on the 23rd & leave early morning on the 25th so i'll end up spending 2 nights....would the regulars in this thread suggest i stick to the element doral property or shift my stay here????
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:38 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I booked a Club Floor room which comes with Club privileges including a continental breakfast (in the Club lounge) - according to the website. Upon check in was told that "you have a room on the Club Floor but you'll have to pay $35 to access the club - I can only give you free Club access if you are gold or platinum". It took 10 min discussion with the desk person to have Club access added. I had to show a print out of my reservation. Sigh. Next evening, had evening snacks and had a local beer (Sam Adams) and charged the higher "imported" beer price (price list stated local beer $6, imported beer $7). I was told "thats how the computer charges it". It really seems like customer deception is the name of the game in this place.

Poor show Sheraton.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by og
I booked a Club Floor room which comes with Club privileges including a continental breakfast (in the Club lounge) - according to the website. Upon check in was told that "you have a room on the Club Floor but you'll have to pay $35 to access the club - I can only give you free Club access if you are gold or platinum". It took 10 min discussion with the desk person to have Club access added. I had to show a print out of my reservation. Sigh. Next evening, had evening snacks and had a local beer (Sam Adams) and charged the higher "imported" beer price (price list stated local beer $6, imported beer $7). I was told "thats how the computer charges it". It really seems like customer deception is the name of the game in this place.

Poor show Sheraton.
Did you bring this up with the hotel GM? This is something that should be discussed prior to departure.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
So, I have a 1 night reservation this Saturday and just got an e-mail from them stating that they have had power outages and water damage in some rooms and therefore they cannot acommodate any arrivals until further notice.

This hotel is not listed under the "hotels affected" page on the SPG website:
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/alert...HURRICANE_IRMA

I appreciate these are extraordinary circumstances, but what are my options at this stage? I feel like SPG should help acommodate me in another property rather than leaving me to find a hotel room 4 days prior to my trip, or am I being unrealistic? Also frustrating because this is a BRG with 2k pts (on top of the 1k promo bonus). Lurkers, any thoughts?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RafKa
So, I have a 1 night reservation this Saturday and just got an e-mail from them stating that they have had power outages and water damage in some rooms and therefore they cannot acommodate any arrivals until further notice.

This hotel is not listed under the "hotels affected" page on the SPG website:
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/alert...HURRICANE_IRMA

I appreciate these are extraordinary circumstances, but what are my options at this stage? I feel like SPG should help acommodate me in another property rather than leaving me to find a hotel room 4 days prior to my trip, or am I being unrealistic? Also frustrating because this is a BRG with 2k pts (on top of the 1k promo bonus). Lurkers, any thoughts?
@RafKa Have you contacted the property? Starwood corporate customer service? I think asking them these question would be the appropriate thing to do.

Call them - with a plan - as to what you want/need.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
@RafKa Have you contacted the property? Starwood corporate customer service? I think asking them these question would be the appropriate thing to do.

FYI, according to the person I just spoke with the hotel should be back up and running on the 16th.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by KENNECTED

The SPG Platinum outreach team contacted me, after I sent my stay details to the Lurkers. I rebooked at the FP Miami Airport and they will be granting the 2k BRG points for the stay.

SPG still shows no availability for this property for the remainer of September, but maybe they will update that in due course.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Apparently whomever I spoke with earlier was wrong about this property. Just got an email indicating that it can't accept guests until the 24th of this month.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Did they get hurricane damage or something ? I see all inventory zeroed out for the entire month of October. Tried SPG Platinum override and was told there is no inventory on my dates.
October 4-6 or October 30-31.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by forumpersona999
Did they get hurricane damage or something ? I see all inventory zeroed out for the entire month of October. Tried SPG Platinum override and was told there is no inventory on my dates.
October 4-6 or October 30-31.
Possibly, but there is also the issue of housing local residents who have suffered damage and rescue/repair crews from other areas of the county. If this is the case, yes there may be zero inventory.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:48 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
FYI - the four suites are being renovated and don't look to be available for booking until April 2018.

Room: Club level was full, so was on a "regular" floor. Standard king room with view of the golf course and pool below. Happy to find that lamp near desk + 2 bedside lamps provided enough light to illuminate the room comfortably. ^ Bathroom was small and dated - small bathtub with an awkward shower head. (Personal peeve: when you open the bathroom door, it scrunches the bath mat towel.)

Club Lounge: Breakfast served 6-9:30AM Mon-Fri; 6:30-10AM on weekends. Just basic continental breakfast (danishes, breads, yogurt) with two hot plates - one with eggs and hash browns, the other with bacon and sausage. Evening snacks from 6-8PM daily. Consisted of meat/cheese platter, some salads, and two hot dishes - one vegetarian, one meat. Limited beer and wine for purchase - just need to ask the lounge attendant, and it'll be charged to the room. Lounge accessible 24-hours a day with room key if you wanted to pop by to grab a coffee/espresso from the machine or soft drinks & water from the fridge.

Shuttle: During the day (I think 5am-midnight), it runs every 15 minutes. Only takes 3-4 minutes to get to the airport.
RafKa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.