Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Removed old information
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Taipei [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:30 am
Suspended

Hello FT-ers,

Has anyone recently stayed at the LM Taipei and booked a Club room? Is there any change to the club benefits, say laundry, breakfast, taxi and the like?

Many thanks
Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Has anyone ever received Plat upgrade to the Junior Suite Balcony? Or anything further than standard Junior Suite for that matter? TIA
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
Has anyone ever received Plat upgrade to the Junior Suite Balcony? Or anything further than standard Junior Suite for that matter? TIA
In my experience there only Junior Suite, but others may have better luck. Keep in mind I've only been there twice, I much prefer the Westin. Although Meridien has one of the best buffet in Taipei.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by kikid
Has anyone recently stayed at the LM Taipei and booked a Club room? Is there any change to the club benefits, say laundry, breakfast, taxi and the like?
Stayed at the Junior Corner suite a while back and they do still offer the laundry but breakfast has now been removed (even as an SPG Gold member). The good thing is that with the Suite you also get free parking, which we used because we drove quite a distance in Taiwan. Can see some of the more updated photos of the place here as well (along with club lounge)
https://buddhaexplores.com/2017/09/2...-hotel-review/
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:52 pm

Anyone stay lately under Marriott and have an update with the Instant Awards in the Wiki?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
Just had a two night stay here. Found it to be excellent, seems recently refurbished.

As a titanium, upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite. Exec lounge had a great spread of food in the evening. Very good gym and pool. Breakfast buffet excellent.

Staff were very professional.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay again
unclepants likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Flapster
Just had a two night stay here. Found it to be excellent, seems recently refurbished.

As a titanium, upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite. Exec lounge had a great spread of food in the evening. Very good gym and pool. Breakfast buffet excellent.

Staff were very professional.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay again
Just completed a 7 night stay and can echo the comments above, except for the lounge evening offerings which were just okay for a five star asian hotel. Platinum upgraded to junior suite, which is one of the best junior suites out there. Stayed here a few times since it opened, last time being a few years ago and can say the hotel is seemingly in the same excellent condition. Two daily chocolate pineapple cakes given by housekeeping are phenomenal ($3/pop at the bakery downstairs) and the house welcome amenity gift is a nice gift box with a dozen of them, much better than the 1k points.
unclepants likes this.

Last edited by frudd38; Jan 30, 2020 at 10:52 pm
Old Mar 6, 2022, 11:20 pm

Couple of notes from a recent (first time) stay :
  • Upgraded to junior suite as a titanium member. Very nice room, similar in size and overall comfort to the comfort suite at the Taipei Marriott, but here the living room and bedroom are about the same size (as opposed to the larger bedroom at the Marriott).
  • Given 4 pm checkout without issue.
  • Still offering chocolate pineapple cakes as a welcome gift choice, but got a different biscuit in the room.
  • Lounge food is noticeably more limited as noted in an earlier post. Afternoon snacks consist of three types of cookies, one type of cake, and a couple whole fruits. Dinner was a meat dish, a dim sum, a mushroom dish, a cold cut platter, and pre-mixed salad cups. Probably the fewest food options of any of the Marriott hotel lounges in Taiwan.
  • Offered a newspaper in the morning but didn't deliver. Mentioned it to the lounge staff who offered to make it up.
  • Lounge staff was very nice and helpful as usual.
enelym1978 likes this.
Old May 19, 2023, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Thread has been dormant for a year.

Any recent stays ?
Is the evening food selection at the lounge still poor ?
Old Oct 2, 2023, 8:25 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I found the Le Meridien Taipei to be comfortable, but I don’t see this as a property that tries at all to go above and beyond. I’m at the W now and definitely prefer the W. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Note: Due to a poorly-optimized sleep schedule, I missed evening service in the lounge.

Pros:
  • Bed was very comfortable - plush-ish / just-right mattress, plush covers, plush pillows - I had a nice 14 or so hours of sleep
  • Nice view towards the Xinyi malls and Taipei 101
  • Breakfast was decent (though, I would probably rank the Courtyard Downtown and W as tasting better)
    • Interesting egg pancake with cheese
    • Really good pain au chocolats
    • Good hazelnut cinnamon rolls
    • Good omelets
  • Offered late checkout proactively - no issue with the 3 PM I requested

Neutral:
  • Shower pressure wasn’t bad, but the head was so small that the water didn’t hit a significant portion of my body at a time

Cons:
  • They didn’t have Junior Suites - I asked about an upgrade to an Executive Suite, and they said I would have to pay more - ended up in a top floor room facing 101
  • AC was wonky - set at 20, in-room temperature fluctuated wildly between 26, 23, back to 25 at night, then down to 21 in the morning - had 3 staff members come to my room - they all said it was fine - at least, my room was cooler than the hallway

Photos:

Alawyer likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 9:46 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I found the Le Meridien Taipei to be comfortable, but I don’t see this as a property that tries at all to go above and beyond. I’m at the W now and definitely prefer the W. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Note: Due to a poorly-optimized sleep schedule, I missed evening service in the lounge.

Pros:
  • Bed was very comfortable - plush-ish / just-right mattress, plush covers, plush pillows - I had a nice 14 or so hours of sleep
  • Nice view towards the Xinyi malls and Taipei 101
  • Breakfast was decent (though, I would probably rank the Courtyard Downtown and W as tasting better)
    • Interesting egg pancake with cheese
    • Really good pain au chocolats
    • Good hazelnut cinnamon rolls
    • Good omelets
  • Offered late checkout proactively - no issue with the 3 PM I requested

Neutral:
  • Shower pressure wasn’t bad, but the head was so small that the water didn’t hit a significant portion of my body at a time

Cons:
  • They didn’t have Junior Suites - I asked about an upgrade to an Executive Suite, and they said I would have to pay more - ended up in a top floor room facing 101
  • AC was wonky - set at 20, in-room temperature fluctuated wildly between 26, 23, back to 25 at night, then down to 21 in the morning - had 3 staff members come to my room - they all said it was fine - at least, my room was cooler than the hallway
Yaay, you're on a Taipei run! Looking forward to seeing more. Hear the LM has been lauded as an alternative to the W out in Xinyi since it has a lounge but I won't go there now. Shocking they wouldn't upgrade an Ambassador!
Old Oct 31, 2023, 2:26 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
First time visiting Taipei next month and we will be staying at Le Meridien. Any interesting places nearby I should check out?
Old Nov 1, 2023, 1:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Quite odd...I've been upgraded to a junior suite every time in my dozen plus times here.

Did you check-in in the lounge or downstairs at the regular desk?
zion111 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 6:18 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by BR787
Quite odd...I've been upgraded to a junior suite every time in my dozen plus times here.

Did you check-in in the lounge or downstairs at the regular desk?
Downstairs - didn’t know they offered lounge check-in.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 4:01 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Anyone tried asking for 4pm late checkout as a Platinum? I have midnight departure, so 4pm checkout time will be ideal. If not, I may have to use points to stay for an extra day. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.