Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tajee165
I called in March 4 to complete the reservation for 240,000 points but due to one issue or another, the points were never deducted from my account. The CSR insisted everything was good and the e-cert was issued. I called back once a day for the next 3 days and all CSR said everything was good but I knew it wasn’t since no points were deducted.

Finally reached a competent CSR who added the 100,000 points needed to complete the reservation and the points were deducted immediately. He also added 10,000 points as a goodwill gesture.

Answer is HUCA many times.
And be vigilant on your own bookings / point balance versus just take the words of the CSRs. Some dont know what they are doing some just make things up to brush you off.

It is very unfortunate and very sad that we now have to turn in a self-defense mode to learn all the minute things in order not getting hurt by incompetent / unhelpful CSRs. But that is the reality we are dealing with until who knows when. The alternative is to leave Bonvoy behind. Many cannot do so just yet.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
These guys are fairly competitive for transportation. $55 from airport to Al Maha.

https://airportstaxitransfers.com/tr...-Dubai-Airport

Is anyone tipping their field guide?
Have you used this transfer service?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For anyone who has PA bookings and has difficulty to get a rep to understand what to do to finalize the booking, this report from an unknown blogger contains valuable information from the Bonvoy social media team on how to push back with the right words - that one may want to bookmark for future reference.

https://travelupdate.boardingarea.co...-reservations/
3rdworldresident and Artemio like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Día Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Happy
Have you used this transfer service?
No. It was who I was planning on using, but my friend had an expiring discount certificate for Greyline which made it a bit cheaper. Without the cert, Greyline would have been much more expensive.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:41 am

Just went to check on my reservation ... my original booking was not a points advance booking, somehow it is now showing as it was. Old rate of 60k went up to 85k. Cherry on top is I'm missing 240k points from my account all together....
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:30 am

Can anyone confirm if the Bonvoy Brilliant $300 credit would work for drinks here?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
What is the "Bonvoy Brilliant $300 credit" ??? @dcht
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by IrishStephen
What is the "Bonvoy Brilliant $300 credit" ??? @dcht
From the new Amex Marriott card:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...voy-brilliant/
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by dcht
Can anyone confirm if the Bonvoy Brilliant $300 credit would work for drinks here?
mine did
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:11 am

tipping

going to Al Maha soon and was wondering how much people tipped especially the field agent who takes you out etc so can have an idea how much cash to take out, many thanks.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by dcht

Thanks
Old Mar 24, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Anyone have any luck making any confirmed bookings into Feb/March 2020 here? I am hoping to visit in April/May 2020 as soon as my points balance reaches an acceptable level.

TIA

LFC
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:13 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
Originally Posted by luvFclass
Anyone have any luck making any confirmed bookings into Feb/March 2020 here? I am hoping to visit in April/May 2020 as soon as my points balance reaches an acceptable level.

TIA

LFC
You do not need to have points when you book the award booking, use the Points Advance function to secure your redemption.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:24 am

Just got back from the resort, stayed 3 nights. Great service, great food, amazing experience.

Overheard a staff talked to a repeated guest that villa 19 to 23 is the best for viewing the camels as they come from the holding area to the daily camel tracking.
We stayed in villa 38, which is toward the south end of the resort (toward the direction of the entrance), the last villa is number 40 besides the Emirates suite.
It's not too far to walk to the main resort area but it can be if it's the hot part of the day.

We walked toward the Emirates suite one day, lots of open space/sands for an private sundowner.

If you have your own vehicle (really easy to drive in UAE) you can drive back toward the entrance for even more secluded sundowner.
We spotted packs of Oryx on the way out, they were resting under tree shades.

We did the sundowner by shuttle and camel ride activities. They both ended up at the same area with snacks and drinks to catch the sunset.
We did both room service and restaurant, food tend to get cooler by the time it gets to the room, we preferred eating at the restaurant.

Attached is the activity schedules/resort info handed to us.
As Platinum we were offer 2pm late checkout.
Attached Images   
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
On 3rd stay was proactively upgraded to royal suite, it’s a two bedroom suite but the pool and outdoor area is significantly bigger.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.