Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
I am not sure when I should stay in Al maha and I am looking for the advice.

I will stay in Dubai for 5 nights (first time visit), for my first two nights I will be staying in O&O Dubai The Palm, then 1 night in Almaha and 2 nights in the city.

Should I go to Al maha directly from the Palm on Day 3, or I should stay in Al maha for my last night?

Not sure if it is a good idea to go direct from Al maha to airport.

(I made my redemption booking 2 days ago and I got a firmed reply that my booking will include full board and 2 activities.)
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why do we still have this drama? Wouldn't it everything have been cleared up late last year after the initial debacle?

Yes, my bookings made on Feb 19 also now no longer have the same languages in the Rate Details which I have made a screen shot of such.

So here an email is just sent and see what they reply, or not reply.

I used the first email address in the wiki. May be I should use both.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
Originally Posted by Happy
Why do we still have this drama? Wouldn't it everything have been cleared up late last year after the initial debacle?

Yes, my bookings made on Feb 19 also now no longer have the same languages in the Rate Details which I have made a screen shot of such.

So here an email is just sent and see what they reply, or not reply.

I used the first email address in the wiki. May be I should use both.
they did reply my email.

I booked my room on 1 March and sent a email right after the booking.

first email:

Thank you for the below email.

We are pleased to inform you that the redemption booking will be included of Full board basis.

We have received your booking on the redemption basis, yet the award certificate has not been issued for this reservation XXXXXX

We may request you to call the Rewards Team in order to deduct the points and secure the reservation.

Should you need any further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact us.

And here is the second email:

Greetings from Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa!

Kindly note that the booking on the Points Redemption is entitled for 02 adults only on full board basis includes 3 meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) plus 2 desert activity per person per night.

Should you need any further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Last edited by kcl0203; Mar 3, 2019 at 8:58 pm
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the info. I also got an email just now from the Concierge address which I recent the email to, both the Reservation and the Concierge.

It is much much simpler than yours. One sentence though good enough to cover the main concerns.

Thank you to your email, your booking confirmation xxxxxxxx is on full board basis + 2 activities per night per person included.

Mine is a PA booking for a December stay because I need the points for a sudden April trip to Japan. Al Maha can wait.

I did voice my displeasure why do we have to go thru the drama again after the confusion last year.

Last edited by Happy; Mar 3, 2019 at 7:57 pm Reason: Add Info, Fix format
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
Points booking not available after September? Don't see any availability...
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:10 pm

Just booked this. I confirmed via email that it is full board and 2 activities. It looks like the Dune Drive and Horse Riding costs extra now. Is everyone seeing the same? Looks like these activities were included in 2016 (per Lucky's post).

Has anyone called Uber from this resort? Wonder how difficult it is to get since it's in the middle of no where. Trying to figure out the best way to get here and also leave.

Last edited by cruisingmickey; Mar 4, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I am here now. FD has confirmed that points bookings get 3 meals + 2 activities per day!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:57 pm

Thank you!!! Do you mind sharing how you got to the resort/how you'll leave? I'm trying to figure out what to do. I'm at the Ritz Ras Al beforehand and going to the PH afterwards.

Would love it if you could share anything else that may be helpful.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:11 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Thank you!!! Do you mind sharing how you got to the resort/how you'll leave? I'm trying to figure out what to do. I'm at the Ritz Ras Al beforehand and going to the PH afterwards.

Would love it if you could share anything else that may be helpful.
I took an uber from Park Hyatt to Al Maha. It was straightforward but the driver did get a little lost in the end and needed to use the GPS to guide him to the entrance of the park. It costed me 177AED. We took the hotel arranged car when we left the property.
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:25 am

Anyone rent the car and drive to AI Maha from DXB?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:28 am

Anything should be aware when rental car in Emirates? they don't come with default 3rd party insurance?

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
for the StRegis bentley check: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps...gis-abu-dhabi/ they quote AED 1,000.00 for a DXB transfer. Though the distance to the Al Maha is a bit longer.I definitely wouldn’t want to be involved in a road incident in the Emirates, especially if it would involve injured third-parties, so I’m a bit wary of renting a car there.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:31 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by ecgz88
Anyone rent the car and drive to AI Maha from DXB?
Yes, and it was not an issue - if you have driven before in UAE and you follow the driving instructions provided by Al Maha especially on which turnoff to take from the highway.
There's ample parking and there does seem to be quite a number of guests doing this. Any basic car will do as there is no need for a 4x4.

Cheers!
countingmiles likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:49 am

Anything should be aware when rental car in Emirates? they don't come with default 3rd party insurance?
If you seriously heart an Emirati citizen in a car incident, I suspect there’s no insurance policy that can prevent you from a few days to a few years in a Dubai jail, regardless of who’s at fault. Not to mention if a death is involved. There have been several anecdotal reports of tourists or expatriates who get into serious disputes with Emiratis ending up in jail or being forcibly deported.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:41 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
If you seriously heart an Emirati citizen in a car incident, I suspect there’s no insurance policy that can prevent you from a few days to a few years in a Dubai jail, regardless of who’s at fault. Not to mention if a death is involved. There have been several anecdotal reports of tourists or expatriates who get into serious disputes with Emiratis ending up in jail or being forcibly deported.
Common, that's a bit exaggerated !
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:42 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Its mandatory by law to have 3rd party insurance cover. Its cover for the vehicle you rent and the occupants that is optional

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.