Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
Originally Posted by Traveler56789

Hotel responded and confirmed that my reservation still includes 3 meals and 2 activities per day.
What e-mail address did you use? I can't seem to get a response from the hotel! Cheers!
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Día Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by travellermatt
What e-mail address did you use? I can't seem to get a response from the hotel! Cheers!
I’ve had no issues using the email addresses in the wiki.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
We are going to drive in from the St.Regis in Abu Dhabi, from what I can see it looks to be about a hour and a half to 2 hour trip, has anyone done this? Also, what is expected as far as tipping goes here?
Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by JRV62
We are going to drive in from the St.Regis in Abu Dhabi, from what I can see it looks to be about a hour and a half to 2 hour trip, has anyone done this? Also, what is expected as far as tipping goes here?
Thanks
Take the St Regis bentley—how much are they asking for it?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:06 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
Take the St Regis bentley—how much are they asking for it?
They didn't have the color I wanted, so then I figured we would try the hyper-loop but that's not finished yet...
margarita girl likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by jlh16
Has anyone been able to confirm if award bookings done in the past month are indeed full board? I just reached out to Marriott via Facebook Messenger and was told that my points cover room and tax but does not include meals. I booked on February 17 when it was showing award bookings were full board.

Does anyone have a different contact I can reach out to about this?

Thanks!
My award booking says that meals are included.
Booked Nov-18
"Special Services for All Rooms:
March , 2019 - March , 2019
Rate Plan: SPG Free Nights
DINNER Per Person/per Night
AWARD REQUIRED Per Room/per Night
BUFFET BREAKFAST Per Person/per Night
LUNCH Per Person/per Night
CHARITABLE DONATION Per Room/per Stay
OTHER Per Person/per Stay
Tourism Levy Excl Per Room/per Night"

Last edited by segra; Mar 3, 2019 at 3:10 am Reason: Adding
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:22 am

They didn't have the color I wanted, so then I figured we would try the hyper-loop but that's not finished yet...
they ask ~$250 for DXB transfer on their bentley. the best quotes I quotes I got for a StR AUH to Al Maha were about ~$200 on a compact car, so doing the transfer on their bentley could make sense. And for someone staying at the StR and Al Maha, doing a bentley is just par with the rest of your experience
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:23 am

Thanks
Just did this a few days ago actually. Rented a car from Avis (next to the Courtyard World Trade Center Abu Dhabi) and returned the car to the Abu Dhabi airport 2 days later. It was an easy 2 hour drive both directions, with the exception of the Avis car return at AUH. The rental car return area was not posted at all.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
they ask ~$250 for DXB transfer on their bentley. the best quotes I quotes I got for a StR AUH to Al Maha were about ~$200 on a compact car, so doing the transfer on their bentley could make sense. And for someone staying at the StR and Al Maha, doing a bentley is just par with the rest of your experience
Wow, I figured that would be much higher than this, how long ago did you get this quote?
Al Maha is quoting me 850 AED for their 4x4 vehicle each way so basically the same price, we were looking at luxury rentals that are available for $350 or SUV for $200 for the 4 days we would need it, for an extra $150 that could be a lot of fun and a great surprise for my wife!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by uschpr

Just did this a few days ago actually. Rented a car from Avis (next to the Courtyard World Trade Center Abu Dhabi) and returned the car to the Abu Dhabi airport 2 days later. It was an easy 2 hour drive both directions, with the exception of the Avis car return at AUH. The rental car return area was not posted at all.
Thanks for the information, any problems with finding Al Maha? I'm reading GPS and Google maps are not all that reliable finding the resort.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:56 am

Wow, I figured that would be much higher than this, how long ago did you get this quote?
Al Maha is quoting me 850 AED for their 4x4 vehicle each way so basically the same price, we were looking at luxury rentals that are available for $350 or SUV for $200 for the 4 days we would need it, for an extra $150 that could be a lot of fun and a great surprise for my wife!
for the StRegis bentley check: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps...gis-abu-dhabi/ they quote AED 1,000.00 for a DXB transfer. Though the distance to the Al Maha is a bit longer.I definitely wouldn’t want to be involved in a road incident in the Emirates, especially if it would involve injured third-parties, so I’m a bit wary of renting a car there.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Thanks for the information, any problems with finding Al Maha? I'm reading GPS and Google maps are not all that reliable finding the resort.
The service road leading to the resort is pretty small and not very clearly marked.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:16 am

We used Google maps and had no problem finding Al Maha at all.
countingmiles likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by uschpr

We used Google maps and had no problem finding Al Maha at all.
Same for me. Not the clearest exit off, but it was pretty straightforward.

Car rental in the UAE (from Avis at the airport) was one of my better experiences internationally. The car was to a good standard, received an upgrade and no hard sell on insurance products.

The only two issues I encountered were:
1. Traffic is heavy in Dubai in the evening, but still better than London or New York.
2. The Al Maha entry road can be a bit of an obstacle course at night with the wildlife. Once when returning just before the security gate 3 camels were partially blocking the road. There is also no lighting given it's a nature reserve.

Despite this, if I was returning to Al Maha, I would not hesitate to use car rental again.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by segra
My award booking says that meals are included.
Booked Nov-18
"Special Services for All Rooms:
March , 2019 - March , 2019
Rate Plan: SPG Free Nights
DINNER Per Person/per Night
AWARD REQUIRED Per Room/per Night
BUFFET BREAKFAST Per Person/per Night
LUNCH Per Person/per Night
CHARITABLE DONATION Per Room/per Stay
OTHER Per Person/per Stay
Tourism Levy Excl Per Room/per Night"
Interesting.. I noticed the same issue with mine that was booked on Feb 19 where it is missing the above language:

Rate Guarantee Limitation(s)
•Changes in taxes or fees implemented after booking will affect the total room price.
Additional Information
•Upon check-in an authorization request will be placed on your credit/debit card in an amount equal to the cost of the room, tax and incidental charges for the length of your stay (up to seven nights). If your stay exceeds seven nights, an additional authorization may be requested for the entire amount of your stay (room, tax and incidentals). Upon check-out, your payment card will be charged for the actual amount incurred during your stay.
Additional Redemption Information
•Using your points will cover your room charge and tax. Additional service charges or resort fees may apply where applicable.
•For hotel reward e-certificates: Since this reservation is using points, no paper certificate is required at the time of check-in. All you need to do is arrive for your stay. You may however, print this as confirmation of your upcoming redemption reservation.
•ORDER YOUR CERTIFICATES: If you have not already ordered your Marriott Bonvoy redemption e-certificates, be sure to order them at least 48 hours prior to check-in. Please order online or contact your local Marriott Bonvoy office to order your certificates.

Edit: Just want to add that hotel confirmed via e-mail that Bonvoy reservations include the full board and 2 desert activities per night.

Last edited by standing01; Mar 3, 2019 at 11:04 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.