Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: SPG+Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Are free night certificates allowed at this resort.
I used a free night cert in December by calling Marriott Reservations.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: SPG platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by GVA

Per night and you can do more than 2 activities on a single day and less on the previous/next day.
That is very helpful information. Thank you so much!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Here is the activity overview from my stay over the new year. Note that it was updated to state that all are chargeable under points redemption bookings, so I assume that this will be updated again.

We did the camel trek (which includes the sundowners) on new year's eve which was utterly brilliant and highly recommended. We also did the 4x4 tour which I was less impressed by, the pace was too sedate for my liking. Although given that another car had to stop for someone feeling sick, I guess they have to cater to all audiences.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RebeccaC
Anybody know? Much appreciated!
It's per person per day.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Couple quick questions I have not found answers too. Thanks for any help!

The website shows “Please note-This hotel welcomes children above the age of 10 years only / A tourism fee of AED 20 per bedroom per night is charged”. Does this mean 10 years +1 day or 11 years and up (as I see most websites indicate).

Do they allow 2 adults 1 child in the Points rooms? I tried to make a reservation and it indicated that was not allowed. Though the room description does say up to one roll-away allowed. Can’t see why two people would need a rollaway.

Are free night certificates allowed at this resort.

Thanks
TD
I emailed the property a few days ago and they said they would accommodate 10 years old and older. So 10 years old is okay. The thing they write on the website is slightly misleading as they replied to me saying specifically

"Al Maha does not accommodate children under the age of 10 years. However if the child will be 10 years old when staying at hotel , We can accommodate him ."
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by tajee165
I emailed the property a few days ago and they said they would accommodate 10 years old and older. So 10 years old is okay. The thing they write on the website is slightly misleading as they replied to me saying specifically

"Al Maha does not accommodate children under the age of 10 years. However if the child will be 10 years old when staying at hotel , We can accommodate him ."
Do be aware there’s quite a high extra charge for a third person even if it’s a child no matter if your on a points stay or not.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by IrishStephen

Do be aware there’s quite a high extra charge for a third person even if it’s a child no matter if your on a points stay or not.
Right, I forgot to mention that - if one room (2 adults), the 3rd person (child or adult) is 1600aed per night I believe.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:58 am

Thanks for the clarification.

TD
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:02 am

Right, I forgot to mention that - if one room (2 adults), the 3rd person (child or adult) is 1600aed per night I believe.
That is a little steep for a 9 year. That would be the first time we have ever been charged for a child. But we typically do not stay at all inclusive places. I presume that covers all meals and 2 daily activities.

TD
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: SPG platinum, HHonors Diamond
Question regarding the age rule. How to they confirm for the children's age. Do they check the passport?
Any inputs are much appreciated!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Yes, they take everyone’s passports when you check in. No way to get around it. We went with my 12 and 10 year old and had a fabulous time.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RebeccaC
Question regarding the age rule. How to they confirm for the children's age. Do they check the passport?
Any inputs are much appreciated!
UAE law requires hotel to register passport info of each guest. Many countries by laws, require official ID (mostly passport for visitors) to check in a hotel.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:38 pm

Does any one have experience with “private deck dining?”

They are recommending it for me for a special event at AED575 ($155 USD).

They advertise it as a “five course dinner under the stars on your own suite deck with a private waiter to serve you...”

My understanding is that one can choose to have their meals on their deck for free, so the big differentiation is the private waiter? So perhaps things come one at a time with better service, but the food is otherwise the same?

Any thoughts appreciated!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Assume it is the restaurant menu, which has the five course dinner menu, but served in your villa. Seems poor value to me, the restaurant deck is fairly spacious and reasonably intimate as is. Wonder if they are getting creative to recover revenue from the points bookings and the Marriott all inclusive decision.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:08 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by MrM2016
Assume it is the restaurant menu, which has the five course dinner menu, but served in your villa. Seems poor value to me, the restaurant deck is fairly spacious and reasonably intimate as is. Wonder if they are getting creative to recover revenue from the points bookings and the Marriott all inclusive decision.
You can get any menu served in the villa for no additional cost. As noted by the poster above, it must be a bit more...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.