Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:21 am

Can anyone tell me if award reservations at this property are also inclusive of lunch and dinner ?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
Can anyone tell me if award reservations at this property are also inclusive of lunch and dinner ?
It is all inclusive, not just lunch and dinner. Asked and answered multiple times. If you scroll back two pages, you can see:

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
............I took advantage of what must surely be an unsustainably low 66,000 Marriott points a night rate for a weekend here. The rate includes full board (breakfast buffet and a la carte, a 3 course lunch, afternoon tea and a 5 course dinner) as well as 2 activities per day......
I know. It is a little hard to believe.
imverge, margarita girl and schley like this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by WorldPalmHand
Looking forward to my stay here using my Ritz Carlton Visa free night. Booked the Bedouin Suite and was upgraded in my reservation to an Emirates Suite.

How much does an Uber cost from central Dubai to Al Maha? I'm debating whether to rent a car while in Dubai or not.
Paid ~150 for careem cheapest category from Marina to Al Maha last week. Way back is more tricky: using Al Maha transport would cost you 350 (no careem or uber picks up from there) so it is worth calling in a driver from Dubai and paying him 200-250
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT
Originally Posted by Wojciech Malecki
Paid ~150 for careem cheapest category from Marina to Al Maha last week. Way back is more tricky: using Al Maha transport would cost you 350 (no careem or uber picks up from there) so it is worth calling in a driver from Dubai and paying him 200-250
Has anyone booked with Rideways ( https://www.rideways.com )? Looks like a reasonable price to/from Dubai Airport.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:01 am

Booked Al Maha for 5 nights for the second leg of our honeymoon (doing one week before in the Maldives). Is 5 nights excessive, do they have enough activities to keep guests entertained for 5 nights, if anyone would like to chime in..
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:46 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
Booked Al Maha for 5 nights for the second leg of our honeymoon (doing one week before in the Maldives). Is 5 nights excessive, do they have enough activities to keep guests entertained for 5 nights, if anyone would like to chime in..
From what I’ve gathered, most people spend 2-3 nights here. I don’t recall hearing anyone on here staying 4-5 nights.

That being said, you aren’t everyone else. Take a look at the activities list and decide how long those will keep you and yours entertained. Then book accordingly.

A honeymoon also may include “activities” that aren’t on the normal roster offered via Al Maha. Lovemaking usually is left to ourselves, after all. But that could extend anyone’s stay if the atmosphere puts you in that mood.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:13 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I found the daily activities to be a little bit samey and remember they’re either stupidly early o’clock or at sunset, so most of the day you’ll be hanging around.

Obviously to some degree every person is individual and some people might want to stay forever, but i’d switch up some nights for something different - maybe the St Regis in Abu Dhabi or spend some time in the Dubai Marina or downtown.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, UA Plat, OZ Diamond, Hilton D, Marriott Plat
Recently booked two night for the coming January using my ritz carlton free nights. Such a good deal. Looking forward to my stay there!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:50 pm
kkl

oops wrong thread
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
This is a heads up to everyone to check your points booking after the Marriott migration. There are two reports (one of which is mine) that it is showing as a cash booking now.

@spgassist have acknowledged the issue and stated the hotel must resolve and sent mine through to them. I advise you all go this route as I had exactly the same issue with the W Migration and it was down to the property to resolve.
tonywush likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by MrM2016
This is a heads up to everyone to check your points booking after the Marriott migration. There are two reports (one of which is mine) that it is showing as a cash booking now.

@spgassist have acknowledged the issue and stated the hotel must resolve and sent mine through to them. I advise you all go this route as I had exactly the same issue with the W Migration and it was down to the property to resolve.
I got it fixed. See answer in this post.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Added wiki with email addresses for those who have bookings that were changed from points to revenue reservations.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: SPG, HH, UAMP, AEPL, DC
Originally Posted by MrM2016

To add an additional data point, I also had my points reservation for Al Maha in February suddenly show as a cash booking. [email protected] was very responsive in confirming that the reservation remained a points redemption and that the cash price showing was due to the Marriott migration.

FWIW I noticed that the cash price was AED 1993/night plus taxes which comes out to about $600, ie, what I understand Al Maha will be paid by Marriott for the stay (60,000 points/night x $0.01 per point). So this may be one of those instances where the resort's reimbursement for the stay is transparent to the customer, at least briefly. I've never heard of a villa at Al Maha going for $600/night, even in the depths of the off season (and that's certainly not February...).
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by GlobalPartycrasher
To add an additional data point, I also had my points reservation for Al Maha in February suddenly show as a cash booking. [email protected] was very responsive in confirming that the reservation remained a points redemption and that the cash price showing was due to the Marriott migration.

FWIW I noticed that the cash price was AED 1993/night plus taxes which comes out to about $600, ie, what I understand Al Maha will be paid by Marriott for the stay (60,000 points/night x $0.01 per point). So this may be one of those instances where the resort's reimbursement for the stay is transparent to the customer, at least briefly. I've never heard of a villa at Al Maha going for $600/night, even in the depths of the off season (and that's certainly not February...).
That’s most probably the case. The old SPG site had a bug that also allowed to view the rate a property was charging starwood for an award stay.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quick question

Haven't scrolled back to read the pages since August at the beginning when the 60K booking became possible.

Do we need to book the 66,000 room rate for the full board?

It seems online the 60,000 only includes free breakfast. So one has to call to book? Can it still be booked as Point Advance type?

Also do we still see the outrageous cancellation policy?

Much thanks for information.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.