Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2021, 8:30 pm

Did al maha always charge 20 aed on award stays?
Old Jun 6, 2021, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
This is 100% correct
​​​​​​
The summer heat in the gulf is searing.

It's one thing if you are in the city and hopping from one air conditioned building to another, but any daytime activity at Al Maha will either be extremely uncomfortable, or downright unhealthy.
​​​​​
If I go to the Al Maha or RC Al Wadi in the end of July and just sit in the pool - would that still be too hot?
Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Ijones027
Did al maha always charge 20 aed on award stays?
Yes
Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by N Rustovsky
If I go to the Al Maha or RC Al Wadi in the end of July and just sit in the pool - would that still be too hot?
It depends on who much heat you can take but many staycationers who live in the UAE (like me) do just that - go for a cool swim when the weather is up in the 40 degrees degree celcius taking advantage of the low rates (and a pint of ice cold beer at the swim up bar).
Old Jun 6, 2021, 2:47 pm

We were in Egypt in the summer and got up between 3 and 5 am, did all of the things we wanted to do outside by about 11 am and were back at our hotel for lunch (sometimes even early enough for the end of the breakfast buffet!). Spent the afternoon in and around the pool and or napping in our room. In bed by about 8, ready for another morning of fun the next day. Even with our four kids, this worked perfectly, I highly recommend it. We did end up outside at pyramids one afternoon until about 1;30, very bad mistake!
Old Jun 6, 2021, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
We were in Egypt in the summer and got up between 3 and 5 am, did all of the things we wanted to do outside by about 11 am and were back at our hotel for lunch (sometimes even early enough for the end of the breakfast buffet!). Spent the afternoon in and around the pool and or napping in our room. In bed by about 8, ready for another morning of fun the next day. Even with our four kids, this worked perfectly, I highly recommend it. We did end up outside at pyramids one afternoon until about 1;30, very bad mistake!
interesting, the question is if egypt is as hot as dubai, if anyone was in both places in the summer that can comment
Old Jun 6, 2021, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
interesting, the question is if egypt is as hot as dubai, if anyone was in both places in the summer that can comment
It just depends. If It's 40°C, then it's fine... if it's 50°C, that's another story. When I was in DXB in August (few days on the way back from Maldives) it was >50°C and utterly unbearable, even for someone who is accustomed to 40-45°C heat having grown up in Texas. The gulf water was like a hot bath. Maybe a swimming pool could be okay, but I personally would want some shade in the midday hours.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
It just depends. If It's 40°C, then it's fine... if it's 50°C, that's another story. When I was in DXB in August (few days on the way back from Maldives) it was >50°C and utterly unbearable, even for someone who is accustomed to 40-45°C heat having grown up in Texas. The gulf water was like a hot bath. Maybe a swimming pool could be okay, but I personally would want some shade in the midday hours.
exactly it seems it's closer to 50 then 40 unlike Egypt, 50 seems the line to me
Old Jun 7, 2021, 3:36 am

Check the humidity as well. 45 degrees on a crisp day can be way more manageable than a 40 degree day with 80% humidity. just feels so much hotter when it's humid.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 4:25 pm

When we were in Egypt, it was about 45C in the afternoon.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
When we were in Egypt, it was about 45C in the afternoon.
ah thank's guess I have my answer seems like most of middle east is pretty humid so guess that's good info right there
Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by N Rustovsky
As others have mentioned, it really depends on the actual temperature when visiting. If its around 40c, then you can probably relax by the pool while taking dips. It can however go 45c-50c which is just brutal.

You should also take into account the activities offered since most are outdoors.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:46 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
As others have mentioned, it really depends on the actual temperature when visiting. If its around 40c, then you can probably relax by the pool while taking dips. It can however go 45c-50c which is just brutal.

You should also take into account the activities offered since most are outdoors.
If I recall, most are also early in the morning or at sunset.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:14 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Does anyone know whether one can do a PCR test on site ?
Old Jun 26, 2021, 9:57 am

Wrote a review a few months ago with my experience on transport, early check-in, late check-out, dining and activities. Hope it helps some of you guys!

Link to my blog (includes affiliate links)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.