Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Tribeca New York [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Tribeca New York [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:27 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Whoever is taking front desk calls at this hotel is a bit rude. Either way, the new targeted reopening date is July 1st but they are not sure if they will stick to that yet.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Whoever is taking front desk calls at this hotel is a bit rude. Either way, the new targeted reopening date is July 1st but they are not sure if they will stick to that yet.
Same experience here, super rude guy answering the phone!

Are they still a homeless shelter ATM or?
Old Apr 27, 2021, 2:10 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anchor79
Same experience here, super rude guy answering the phone!

Are they still a homeless shelter ATM or?
I just asked if July 1st was their new target RE-open date. He responded very quickly then said “ok thanks bye” and hung up lol.

Not sure if it’s still a homeless shelter. TBH I wasn’t aware it was being used as one
Old Jun 17, 2021, 5:58 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Any recent stays or walkbys? Recent reviews on TripAdvisor are miserable. We have a res there for July 4th weekend, but also at Downtown Marriott per advice here, and I expect we will cancel the Sheraton. We've stayed there over 25 times in the past 10 years and even if reviews get better I know all the people there who made the difference aren't likely to be coming back anyway.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 12:46 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Stopped in here on Saturday evening on my way back to the Downtown Marriott from midtown. Lobby had a bit of a buzz. One young man at the check in desk, I introduced myself to him as someone who had stayed at this property 30+ times over the past 10 years and wanted an update on their situation. He was very nice, I asked him about a few of the long time staffers there who had made the place "home-y" to us. He knew one had left the company, one was "at another property" and he didn't know the third. They haven't filled many positions, such as the doorman slot, and the concierge lounge is still closed, as is the roof deck. I had asked if they could let 'an old friend" use the deck for fireworks on Sunday night, but it wasn't available (although it wouldn't surprise me if employees were going to take advantage as he seemed to know it was a decent place to watch from).

We have reservations here in September, also somewhere in Midtown. Debating which to stay at
Old Jul 9, 2021, 5:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Gold
I stayed here over 4th of July weekend. Decided to take a chance as I had booked it back when everything was still closed, so the rate was super cheap.

Like the previous commenter said, the concierge lounge and roof deck are "still closed due to covid"... However, the rest of city was open and almost no one was wearing masks, even in the hotel lobby. I suspect this is more of a "closed for cost savings" thing that will stick around as long as they are able to.

Otherwise, the stay was great. I would not hesitate at all to stay here again. The lady working the front desk each time I went was very nice and helpful. Room was clean and housekeeping even came around after my first night (which I was not expecting).
Old Jul 30, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Any other recent stays here?

I have a reservation for next week and I'm trying to decide between here and Gild Hall. I'm leaning towards the Sheraton right now.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 1:42 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Any other recent stays here?

I have a reservation for next week and I'm trying to decide between here and Gild Hall. I'm leaning towards the Sheraton right now.
I have stayed at both, though only Gild Hall during the pandemic.

The Sheraton Tribeca is an extraordinarily average property. It has nothing especially bad about it and nothing especially good (except the rooftop area off the lounge which, if open, has some nice Manhattan views.

Tribeca location for the Sheraton is moderately better than Gild Hall, though Canal Street itself is very, very meh as a place to stay.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 6:53 am

Looking forward to reports, we are back there Labor Day weekend as any alternatives we looked at were at least double the price we got when we booked here late last fall. Hoping the lounge and deck are open at least.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 7:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rogo
I have stayed at both, though only Gild Hall during the pandemic.

The Sheraton Tribeca is an extraordinarily average property. It has nothing especially bad about it and nothing especially good (except the rooftop area off the lounge which, if open, has some nice Manhattan views.

Tribeca location for the Sheraton is moderately better than Gild Hall, though Canal Street itself is very, very meh as a place to stay.
Thanks - location wise, the Gild Hall is a little more convenient to me although I do generally prefer to be on the west side. I've ended up sticking with the Gild Hall (also a pretty average property, but I find Hyatt tends to do average better than Marriott).
Old Sep 10, 2021, 4:59 am

Stayed here Labor Day weekend. First time since February 2020. Computers had been down since Ida, they took incoming info on paper and "will call when your room is ready", which didn't happen, although we knew checking in at 10:15AM was unlikely. Marianna at front desk was new, omnipresent, and very helpful. We got back to the hotel around 3PM and we had a room on the 18th floor with lounge access. Room had not been 'defeathered' as per our profile, but we asked and new pillows arrived quickly. Lounge was same as before, plus "Sanitized" tags on the tables that didn't get changed out when folks left the table and were replaced by other guests, nor were the tables sanitized between guests. Computer in the lounge is gone. More furniture on the roofdeck than we recalled from the past.

Breakfast was "hot" eggs and bacon and sausage links, that weren't very hot. New, bigger bagels. Clementines for fruit on day 1, no fruit day 2. Went up one evening for wine, cheese, crudite, and franks 'n' blanks and another "warm" pastry. Chips of various kinds were also there later into the night

Lounge was very quiet, and we noticed the distinct absence of international guests who usually filled the lounge.

One elevator was OOS the whole time. No Plat b'fast, although they were serving some sort of b'fast in the bar area. Restaurant was closed.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 5:33 am

Just back from 3 nights over the holiday. We have all these SNA's that we never used, so used them and got a much bigger room (XX05) which was good as due to the weather we spent more time in the room than usual. Had the normal bed and a desk against the window, but also a small sofa that opened up into a bed, and a round table with 4 chairs. Very comfortable for 2 people and useful for 3 or 4, depending on how big that foldout was (we didn't try it).

Vaccine cards and IDs were checked when we checked in, so we could use the lounge (where staff had masks under chins, but other staff was well masked)

Lounge breakfast was the same as before all three days. The eggs were hotter, the bacon/sausage was not. No bagels. Clementines all three days. Evening snacks were warm spanakopita each night, with premade boxes with cheese, deli slices, carrots, celery. I guess Serve Yourself is ok for b'fast but not for evening snacks? 4 beers, 3 wines available, too.

Fridge was well stocked all day with water bottles and pepsi products. After evening snacks they brought out various bags of chips for late night munchies.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 1:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The one time I stayed here I had one of those rooms with the table, etc. Mine was on a low floor and had an airshaft view. Evening lounge F&B arrived about a half hour later than the posted time. They also made me wait a long time to check in, which finally happened several hours past thee official check in time. No apology for either shortcoming. I was SPG Plat at the time. Never again, even though the location worked extremely well for Wine DO that year.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:57 am

XX05 has a west view and wouldn’t have an air shaft view even down low. Maybe lowest three or four floors? South or East view low and mid floors do look right at other buildings, but no air shaft views, per se, from this property

We were on 18. Were also offered the 12th floor but we like up high for views, but also to use the stairs to and from the lounge.

property did not seem busy, never more than one person in line at reception desk. Breakfast was ten minutes late one day, but that was Christmas, so we were not surprised there might be staffing or delivery issues.

we were offered restaurant breakfast as our amenity but chose the lounge as we prefer to get in and out quickly.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Just back from 3 nights over the holiday. We have all these SNA's that we never used, so used them and got a much bigger room (XX05) which was good as due to the weather we spent more time in the room than usual. Had the normal bed and a desk against the window, but also a small sofa that opened up into a bed, and a round table with 4 chairs. Very comfortable for 2 people and useful for 3 or 4, depending on how big that foldout was (we didn't try it).

Vaccine cards and IDs were checked when we checked in, so we could use the lounge (where staff had masks under chins, but other staff was well masked)

Lounge breakfast was the same as before all three days. The eggs were hotter, the bacon/sausage was not. No bagels. Clementines all three days. Evening snacks were warm spanakopita each night, with premade boxes with cheese, deli slices, carrots, celery. I guess Serve Yourself is ok for b'fast but not for evening snacks? 4 beers, 3 wines available, too.

Fridge was well stocked all day with water bottles and pepsi products. After evening snacks they brought out various bags of chips for late night munchies.
Congrats! Glad to hear that your SNAs were successful (Successful Suite Night Award (SNA) Upgrades (2021- ))

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.