Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal – All-Inclusive, Costa Rica [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal – All-Inclusive, Costa Rica [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2019, 2:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by nycbaggirl
Can anyone provide any input if your Bonvy Status gave you any perks?
I stayed a couple of years ago. Since it is an all-inclusive I don't remember any big perks relating to my elite status. I upgraded with points (during the reservation process) to a suite in the all-adult Royal Beach tower and thought it was definitely worth the extra points.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:21 pm

Just got back from a stay here. We booked the cheap (not RBC) room with points and Platinum Elite got us RBC benefits: RBC adults only pool, better liquors, and a good breakfast/lunch at the RBC restaurant. Concierge at RBC was also helpful and we got dinners reserved at all the restaurants we wanted. The resort grounds are great – small two story 8 room villas clustered up and down winding paths with great trees and wildlife. My wife loves nature photography and got great photos of birds, coatis, and the on property groups of howler monkeys. Overall would definitely stay there again and the platinum upgrade perks were above expectations.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Titanium benefits?

I’m looking at staying here in January. I’m willing to use SNAs to guarantee RBC access but is it automatic for titanium? I’m not concerned about the room but would prefer to have access to the RBC pool (assuming it’s not the only one open) and the bar/lounge/restaurant. Based on on the above posts it seems so, but would like to confirm. Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the RBC section the only building with elevators?
Old Jan 11, 2021, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by civicmon
I’m looking at staying here in January. I’m willing to use SNAs to guarantee RBC access but is it automatic for titanium? I’m not concerned about the room but would prefer to have access to the RBC pool (assuming it’s not the only one open) and the bar/lounge/restaurant. Based on on the above posts it seems so, but would like to confirm. Thanks!
Yes, Royal Beach Club perks like the RBC pool, lounge and breakfast/lunch restaurant are granted to Platinum Elite and higher even if they stay in a non-RBC room.
svo242 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CharlotteYork
Yes, Royal Beach Club perks like the RBC pool, lounge and breakfast/lunch restaurant are granted to Platinum Elite and higher even if they stay in a non-RBC room.
Yep, can confirm they are. I didn't stay in an RBC room but still got them. For what it's worth, the RBC breakfast/lunch restaurant is closed for now. But the pool was far quieter than the main pool.

Thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and felt very safe even with COVID. Bear in mind that a lot of restaurants are closed or repurposed compared to normal times.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is the RBC section the only building with elevators?
I'm going to assume the answer to this is yes, but there are plenty of ground floor rooms available which should not require many, if any, steps and can be suitable for your needs.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by civicmon
We stayed there in January 2018 or 2017 (forgot which). If you are going to rent a car and plan to use google map to drive around, be very careful. Some of the roads turn into little river. We saw a bunch of sedan type cars got stuck because they were following google map and thought they could cross the shallow looking stream...

EDIT: Oops. Just saw that you already had your stay!
civicmon likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 5:05 pm

I'm debating between staying at the W or the Westin. My wife and I are in our early 30s with no kids and definitely like the W brand, however the all inclusive Westin is definitely appealing (especially with drinks included). The Westin, however looks quite large and I imagine would have lots of kids. Is tipping expected for drinks tor meals at the Westin? I'm also wondering if it's possible to use the W's pool when staying at the Westin. If anyone's stayed at both the W and Westin I'd be very interested in your comparison.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dcht
I'm debating between staying at the W or the Westin. My wife and I are in our early 30s with no kids and definitely like the W brand, however the all inclusive Westin is definitely appealing (especially with drinks included). The Westin, however looks quite large and I imagine would have lots of kids. Is tipping expected for drinks tor meals at the Westin? I'm also wondering if it's possible to use the W's pool when staying at the Westin. If anyone's stayed at both the W and Westin I'd be very interested in your comparison.
Didn't stay at the W, though I took a tour with some people who did and they said it was quite empty but they brought in a bunch of social media influencers to try and promote the place. Don't believe you can use the W pool, but I didn't even try.

Regarding kids, I too don't have any and except for meal time, it was easy to avoid them. The RBC pool is adults only and did not see any kids there. As long as you book that, or are eligible for it via status, you'll be fine.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 8:44 pm

We want a short break without kids. If we book the Royal Beach Club, what exactly do we get that is adults only.
-separate pool
-separate breakfast and lunch dining

Is the beach area the same as the rest of the family section of the resort?
What about dinner restaurants?

Thanks.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 4:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Playa Conchal

Originally Posted by chuck1
We want a short break without kids. If we book the Royal Beach Club, what exactly do we get that is adults only.
-separate pool

Thanks.
Private pool for RBC only. Restaurant at RBC is for RBC only for breakfast and lunch, but open to entire resort for dinner with reservation needed for dinner even if you are staying at the RBC. All the other restaurants are open to all, with reservations required for all but the buffets. Beach area is located a fair distance from the RBC and is public. Each building at the RBC has its own private concierge and they are outstanding.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by chuck1
-separate pool

Thanks.
Faisanela is open for adults only for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast at Faisanela is only for RBC adults. Lunch is not currently being served there. There is no separate beach area just for adults. And to be frank, the beach is not good. It's small, rocky, no beach umbrellas now (due to covid). Tons and tons of sand fleas when I was there. The only other adult only perk of RBC is the RBC pool.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by CharlotteYork
Faisanela is open for adults only for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast at Faisanela is only for RBC adults. Lunch is not currently being served there. There is no separate beach area just for adults. And to be frank, the beach is not good. It's small, rocky, no beach umbrellas now (due to covid). Tons and tons of sand fleas when I was there. The only other adult only perk of RBC is the RBC pool.
What time of year were you there? This is for June. Were the fleas back then?
Old May 8, 2021, 5:40 am

If Gold or Silver essentially no status benefits except maybe a renewed room.

Great status benefits if Platinum or higher. You will likely get a renewed room. You will also get a silver (they call it platinum wristband). This wristband is for VIPs and status members, cannot be bought. It gives you access to everything, the Royal Beach Club (their pool and restaurant), Family Section, and premium alcohol (even with premium bands some bartenders will give well at the main pool unless you ask). You will get an email ~week before your departure asking for dinner reservations. They moved us to another room day of departure so we could get a late checkout (original room cat was 100% booked on departure day), 4pm.

You might not get a room in the RBC or Westin Family, but you will get the benefits of one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.